Stella Hotel

Hotel Stella
Booking.com Expedia.com Venere.com

Satisfaction Average

Similarly priced and rated as other 3 star hotels

• Hotel Stella - ideal for tourists on a budget.

My wife and I stayed at the Hotel Stella for 3 nights from the 15th - 17th August 2005. The hotel is as you would expect for a 2 star, basic. However, its main feature is that it is 5 - 10 mins walk maximum from the Termini station. This was ideal for us as we landed at Ciampino Airport and coaches take you direct to the Termini for a small fee. The down side to the location is that it is in a more run down part of Rome than elsewhere. It was directly above Club Africa and the Julieus Ceaser pub which created on occasions alot of noise, HOWEVER, the windows in the room prevent most if not all of the noise from these venues and you hardly hear anything outside. The hotel is clean and the staff very friendly. We tried breakfast once but it was slightly cramped conditions. Overal, good clean hotel in ideal location for sightseeing purposes. We would stay there again if our budget dictated money was an issue. The location is ideal for getting around to tourist attractions with the Termini so close, and nearby Metro Stations.

Unique Quality: The location of the hotel and being 5 - 10 mins walk from the Termini make this Hotel a good choice if your budget dictates nothing more than a 2 star.

Directions: 5 - 10 mins walk from the Termini Station. - Just 2 roads away...

• tigerjapan's Profile Photo

Decent Accommodation Near Stazione Termini

We had a room with a private bathroom. We booked a double, but it had 3 beds, so could have accommodated more. It was clean, cheap and well located. The breakfast was terrible, so we never ate it... if you can get the room cheaper without the breakfast then I suggest you do this.
    There was a supermarket nearby and also a couple of laundrettes.
    It fit our budget and we were comfortable.

Unique Quality: Nothing unique... oh, except for the worst breakfasts in Italy... go to a cafe and have a good coffee and wonderful pastry... a much better option.

More about Stella Hotel

Good Value

by lambada about Hotel Stella

I spent 3 nights at this hotel in June 2010. The room was extremely clean and reasonably quiet. The shower could have been a bit bigger but the bathroom was in great condition. Breakfast was somewhat poor. Just cereal, one piece of bread, one croissant and a selection of jams, butter and two juices. The location is ideal because it is only 5 minutes away from Termini station. I wouldn't hesitate to stay there again.

Hotel Stella

by tigerjapan

Hi

We have booked into Hotel Stella and are wondering if any VTers have stayed there before?

Anyone got any comments on this hotel?

Re: Hotel Stella

by royalempress

Hi,
If your asking about Hotel Stella Maris via Marconi 4, we have stayed there. The small hotel is very nice with a open bar on a honor system. A very cozy hotel that I would definitely stay in again.

The only thing that I was not happy about was their guides. We have been to Roma many times and are familiar with it. On this occasion, however, we had 4 other people with us so we hired a guide through the hotel... He was terrible, and didn't have a licence to be a guide so he had to whisper to us when we went to tourist sights. We paid $80 an hour for this poor service. Other than that the hotel was perfect with lots of small restaurants near by..

Mike

Re: Hotel Stella

by Lacristina

You can read comments about the Hotel Stella here:

In general it gets good reviews. However, a few folks noted a noisy bar below the hotel which made sleeping difficult.

Cristina

Re: Re: Hotel Stella

by Summersquash

Hi,
We also have reservations at Hotel Stella in January. I have not stayed there but from what I read it is a very good hotel for the price. Most reviews were very good. Like the previous post said it is a little noisy. When will you be going. If it is before me let me kow what you think about it when you return. If I go before you I will post a report for you. I have not read any bad things about it. The worst I've read is that it is located near Termini station which is not the best part of Rome.

Comments