Value Score Average Value
Good For Families
GOOD HOTEL – NOT 4 STAR
I have to admit, I did pick this hotel out. This is a clean budget hotel that is not in the centre. In fact it is on the last stop of the Metro Linea ‘B’. The great thing is you pay less and the Metro journey to all the good stuff is only 10 minutes away. My stay was ok. You just want to know what the matter with it was, don’t you?
This is listed often as a 4 Star Hotel with Fitness facilities. Neither is true. It is in the reasonable EUR area and only 100 meters from Laurentina metro station. There is an excellent World Class restaurant nearby, the staff are helpful and breakfast is good. Why the over-hype, I don’t know. For the price it was good. You will pay a lot more and get a lot worse in Rome. Like I said, it was clean.
Ask for a room facing away from the road. There is no air conditioning (advertised) so you have to lift the heavy shutters at night to get some air. The shutters shut out the noise from the busy road. They had a bar, but it was usually busy.
Why choose this hotel?
It is a decent hotel that is well priced and easy to get into Rome from.
Unique Quality: I don’t know about Unique Qualities, but here are the facts:
• 164 guestrooms
• Air conditioning (not in my room)
• Direct-dial telephone
• Satellite television
• Private bathrooms (sure hope so!) with hair dryers
• Housekeeping (yes, they list this)
• In-room safe
• Non-smoking rooms (hard to believe in Rome, but they smelled fine)
• Complimentary buffet breakfast everyday (hope so again)
• Mini Bar
• Internet access? Don’t remember that, maybe if you had your own laptop
Called E42 Restaurant - range of regional and international cuisine. Looked OK, but I never ate there.
The have a small ‘leafy’ garden that hides the car park form the lobby
• Several conference and meeting facilities
• Can seat up to 130 for a seminar
• Up to 180 for a cocktail reception (I saw this, looked good)
• Range of audio visual equipment.
Popular Hotels in Rome
Piazza della Rotonda 73, Rome
Vicolo del Piede 2, Rome
Piazza Barberini 9, Entrance: Via della Purificazione, 4, Rome
Via Marche 84, Rome
Explore the World
- Moevenpick Hotel Amsterdam City Center
- La Jolla Village Lodge
- Holiday Inn Express Columbus-West Broad Street
- Durham College South Village Residence
- Quality Inn & Suites Atlanta Airport South
- Corbett Gateway Resort
- Athens International Youth Hostel
- Golkonda Resort & Spa
- Keio Plaza Hotel Tokyo
- El Encanto Hotel and Garden Villas
- Artisan Hotel And Spa
- Heritage Village Club
- Comfort Inn Miramichi
- Hotel du Vin York