Via Tuscolana 892, Rome, 174, Italy
Orbitz.com Expedia.com Booking.com

Satisfaction Terrible

Costs 38% less but rated 30% lower than other 3 star hotels

More about Rome

View from the terraceView from the terrace

BraccianoBracciano

Italian Eurostar at stazione TerminiItalian Eurostar at stazione Termini

Late in the day, crowds thinningLate in the day, crowds thinning

outdoor performances

by edfisher

Are there any outdoor operas or plays in Rome in the early part of September? How do you find out about them and get tickets?

by puerto_lover

I think that the opera at the Terme di Caracalla is only during June/July maybe August and finished by September.
Unfortunately

by icunme

It is really too early now to know all that will be available in Sept 2010. Check back here or keep track on the websites:
RomaC'e is my favorite for up-to-date-info
There is much going on in summer Festival through Sept so keep watching.

by akskibunny

bookmark

Travel Tips for Rome

Who can forget the Colosseum? ...

by HAWLEYJ

Who can forget the Colosseum? The Colosseum was built between 72 and 80 A.D. and was the dying place of over 9000 animals and numerous gladiators in the first 100 days alone. Many Christians were also Martyred here. Probably a combination of the people I met at the Pensione Allesandro and the area of the Spanish Steps and Fountain de Trevi. I will give each of these memories their own section.

Take only what you really need and do not overpack

by monica71

any suitcase or duffel bag will do just fine; make sure you have a small bag or backpack with you to carry all the things you need to when visiting the sites (guide book, map, bottle of water, etc). I have a Travelon messenger style shoulder bag that traveled with me to 4 different countries already and that I could not take any trip without (I did not realize how good investment this bag was until I got it and started to use it on my trips). A must are the following (especially if you travel in the spring, winter or fall):
- rain jacket with a hood (umbrellas will be useless if there is a strong wind-as it was when we were visiting). I love my 3 in 1 Columbia jacket and I think that a jacket like this is one of the best investments you can make!
- 2 pairs of good and comfortable shoes (you need the extra pair even if the weather is good; your feet may hurt at the end of the day and they may feel much better in a different pair of shoes the next day; just switch the shoes every other day)
- 2 pairs of pants (jeans may not be very practical since it takes a long time for them to dry if you get wet), 4 shirts, 1 sweater or sweatshirt, 1 hat and 1 pair of leather gloves (if you go there late fall or during the winter)

If you go to a concert or a nice restaurant, you may also need to pack a nice dress and a nice pair of shoes, and also a nice pair of pants, light jacket and nice shirt for the man in your life Take some basic stuff with you to last for 1-2 days. You can really get all you need while in Rome, but it is nice to have the basics with you when you arrive: travel size shampoo, travel size shower gel, travel size after shave; toothpaste and toothbrush, deodorant.
I also had some Tylenol with us and some TheraFlu (which we had to use, unfortunately, since we got soaked by rain few days in a row and we were getting colds). small digital camera and a big memory card good Rome guidebook (I had Rick Steve's with me), Rome map, IPod with Rome walk audio guides, an empty bottle of water (if you have a favorite one) to fill out and carry with you while visiting places.

Leather Lover

by syllybabe about Max Mara, Francesco Biasia, etc.

The best part about shopping in Rome is that all the nice stores are in and around Via Veneto. As I previously mentioned in another page, I'm a shoes and bags freak (no, I'm not related to Imelda Marcos, but I am filipina ;-). I'm always in and out of every store that has shoes and bags in the display window and I'm always hunting for quality leather goods with or without the name brands.
Among the more reasonably priced Italian brands are Francesco Biasia and Furla...both are fun and trendy and very well made. shoes, bags, more shoes, more bags...hehehe At least $100 for a handbag...Max Mara, at least $250

Rome trams

by Jenniflower

Central Rome is served by a tram system. This service has been wound down in recent years and seems to be somewhat neglected. They don't run much in the central area, so as a casual visitor to the city you're probably not going to get much use out of them. We never saw one our entire stay in Rome, which says a lot.

Very cheap pizza

by Sarita76 about Pizzeria Luzzi

Eating a simple pizza has become a quite expensive experience here in Rome, especially since we have the Euro. This is one of the few places where you can still get a decent pizza for 4-5 euros. Yes, the environment may be not very classy and the service can be quite odd at times, but the most important thing is that their pizza tastes good :)

Comments