The Yellow Hostel

The Yellow
Booking.com Hostelworld.com Priceline.com

• foreverstoked's Profile Photo

Legendary Party Hostel!

This is the best PARTY hostel I've been to! I've made sooo much new friends here. The hostel has a bar on the first floor and beer pong/underground club in the basement. The dorms are basic but the awesome staff make this hostel freaking awesome!

Unique Quality: Amazing staff, free drink upon check-in, free drink when you check-in on facebook, iPad rentals, free printing, luggage storage, free night tour, tasty food, good music and many travelers to make friends with! The location is also very close to Termini and right next to a few restaurants.

Directions: Termini Station

• the Yellow not safe

I lived there 3 night there was nightmare my laptop was stolen from the room and they ignore me. The resorption said we can not talk with the people in the room. also it was noise.

Unique Quality: it poor hostel the room smiley

• firefightercarlson's Profile Photo

THE Hostel in Rome

This is the place to stay in Rome if your younge and single. Lots of friendly people. Staff is extremely friendly and helpful. Theyve got free maps to help you get around. After you check out, you can still store your luggage there for free. Internet access, beer pong, Half price drinks at the bar downstairs. during the summer, a pub crawl leaves from there every night. I just cant say enough about this place. its a Blast!

Directions: From Termini, take a right go down about 4 blocks. take a left on Palestro and it'll be half way down the block on your right

• Fully funked out

Now im gonna be a bit biased here, ive stayed at The Yellow 3 of the past 4 summers and ive just seen it grow and grow. The last time i was here the reception was on the 1st floor and it was well funk'd out, i came back last week and theyve moved downstairs, got themselves a front desk that changes colour! and a bar. but they still havnt lost the atmosphere or the capability of the staff to get everyone out for a night on the tiles. It doesnt get much better than this.

Unique Quality: colour changing front desk!! awesome, cheap bar for guests, awesome staff, spacey rooms, foosball table downstairs, beerpong table and a million other things that just make it the Yellow.

Directions: Right next to the main station 'TERMINI'

• Fully funked out

Directions: Right next to the main station 'TERMINI'

• cckbp7's Profile Photo

Youth Hostel

Only 4 blocks from the train station and an easy walking distance from the Colluseum, the Yellow Hostel is the perfect destination for travelers on a budget. The rooms are mostly 8 and 10 person and don't have air, so sleeping can be a bit burdonsome. This being my first experience with communal rooms, I must admit I really enjoyed it. It gives you an opportunity to meet people from different places and have some great conversations. The hostel also offers an great breakfast that includes harboiled eggs. There is a large DVD collection which you can play on the television in the common room. We spent many evenings drinking, hanging out, and watching flicks like Finding Forester. Don't ask me why we picked that one. There is also a great pizza place just around the corner. Try the potato pizza. If you don't mind hostels, this is a great place to stay when visiting Rome.

Unique Quality: They offer guided tours through 'Roming Tours'; the Vatican tour was the most amazing guided tour I've ever been on and only 15 euro a person.

Directions: 4 blocks from the train station

• sandravdp's Profile Photo

An all-in hostel

At Yellow hostel you have every facility you need: bed & breakfast, bathrooms, phones, internet...The staff is very friendly and speaks several languages.

Unique Quality: It's very clean and there's free internet for every guest! There is no curfew, so you can come in when you like.

Directions: Near Termini trainstation.

• cmarsek's Profile Photo

A Great Place To Stay In Rome

The staff at the Yellow Hostel exceeded ALL expectations! The atmosphere was very friendly and the party rooms are designed to promote social experiences while the dorm room (12 people in bunks) was clean and quiet and VERY comfortable. The bunks also had cages below for safe storage of your belongings. I would recommend bringing a chain lock, so you may be able to use it in other hostels with similar storage facilities. The 12 person room had one bathroom and one shower but while this seems not enough we were all on such different schedules that there was never a wait. They also offer free internet access and have an arrangement with the next door restaurant to provide a complimentary breakfast that rivaled even some of the fancier hotels where I stayed during my tour.

Unique Quality: Friendly staff and very comfortable place to stay. Free Internet and a party room that truly promotes interaction amongst its guests.

Directions: A few blocks from the Termini Station

• Marpessa's Profile Photo

One of the Best!!

This is one of the best hostels I have ever stayed in! It has a great vibe and is a friendly place, I made quite a few friends while staying here. I was in a 6 bed mixed dorm for 6 nights. It had small shower and bathroom in the room. The bathrooms are very nice and modern. Rooms are cleaned daily.

There wasn't a lot of space to walk around in the room, but since I was pretty much only in there to shower and sleep, I didn't mind. The beds were very comfortable and each had it's own light and power outlet.

The main reception is bright and funky, and there are pictures of famous people stenciled onto the walls. In my dorm there was images of 'The Hulk' and 'Wolverine' - ironic considering in recent movies ('The Hulk' and 'X-Men') these characters were played by Australians (Eric Bana and Hugh Jackman).

Unique Quality: The hostel often has pub crawls and can set you up with some city sightseeing tours. They have free internet access (20 minutes only if others are waiting), linen (you leave a deposit which you get back when you check out), free lockers or luggage storage, showers are free, free breakfast (muesli, toast, coffee or tea), plenty of DVDs to watch on their TVs, a common room, lounge room and bar, rooms are air-conditioned and they do have a washer and dryer you can use (I think it was about 3 Euro for each). And best of all, no lock out or curfew!

Security is good, access to floors is by your key card only (which will only work on the dates you have reserved you room for), same with your dorm door.

The staff are helpful and very nice.

Directions: From Roma Termini, exit on Via Marsala. Walk across the road and up Via Marghera for about 4 blocks, then turn left onto Via Palestro. The Yellow Hostel is one and a half blocks up on the right side of the road.

• CTnightowl's Profile Photo

Yellow Hostel

One of the better hostels I stayed at. Very fun, very clean, great location. There were some fun pub crawls and Rome/Vatican tours that ran out of here. I also heard they throw some amazing toga partys!

Directions: By Termini station

• Kbird009's Profile Photo

The 8th Greatest Hostel in the World

We had a 10 bed dorm, but it was ok. They have hair driers, plenty of bathrooms and showers for everyone. Not a bad hostel, but not the 8th in th world. Oh, I almost forgot, no air conditioning in the rooms.

Unique Quality: Pub Crawl is a must!!!

• mariocibelli's Profile Photo

Hostel in Via Palestro

I send my students here regularly. THey have no complaints about it and are generally satisfied.

Unique Quality: Yellow Hostel rocks! It just does. There is a really good sense of something good at Yellow. It's now newly renovated, always clean, and has all the commodoties you would need when you reach Rome along your adventures across the globe. The staff is...the staff is the best. Always ready to help you, always friendly, very international and always taking part in the fun. We like to have fun here at Yellow, our goal is to show you how awesome Rome is. There's a really big kitchen with everything you need, including fridge, pots and pans, the works, even a microwave! There's free internet access! Yes, free. There's a full bar, always open! This place rocks! And did I mention there's a big screen TV with DVD. Well, there is. But more importantly - it's always clean. We are fully informed, so any, i mean any questions you might have about your travels can and will be answered!

• PolyAna's Profile Photo

The Best Hostel in the World

My stay at the Yellow Hostel was awesome! The rooms and showers were clean, and the staff was amazing. Not only were they helpful in finding us tours, but they were HOT. For sure, next time I'm going to Rome I will be staying there... and, that's saying a lot, since I am really picky about the acommodations we have... Check it out, you won't regret it....

Unique Quality: The location is 3 block away from Termini and close to many metro stops. Five minutes away from Campo del Fiori and the bars...

Directions: Termini Area

• Jmill42's Profile Photo

One of the "World's 10 Most-Famous Hostels"

My first hostel experience was at the Yellow Hostel. Needless to say, it was trial by fire... it was during the heat wave, and like most of Europe hostels, had no AC. This place is not built on ammenities, though. It is a place to meet people form all over the world and sit and chat, or go and roam Rome. I did both. Pub crawls are given every night, which I am not the biggest fan of, but it WAS my birthday and, well... at least we found our way back.

Unique Quality: The Yellow Hostel allows you to meet so many peopl from so many places. It can and does get loud, and the facilities are a little bit better than horrible, but not by much. So, you have to chose the right reason to come here and be in the right frame of mind. Free internet and kitchen use is a plus.

Directions: Exit the station on Via Marsala, cross to the other side and take a right on Via Marghera; walk four blocks, take a left on Via Palestro; number 44 on the right side of the road.

• tyerks's Profile Photo

Hello Yellow

We didn't actually stay here, but it was located across from the Hotel Romae, where we did stay. They were SO SO nice here. We arrived after already being turned away by a hostel a couple of blocks away, and they didn't have any space for us either. The lady at the desk saw that we were obviously stressed out over it, so she had us sit down and called over to Hotel Romae and got us a room. In addition, we got to use all of their facilities, such as kitchen and FREE internet. The people here were so nice. I forever owe the lady who found us somewhere to stay in Rome.

Directions: across from Hotel Romae

More about The Yellow Hostel

taxi for 5 people

by bakes5

are the taxis large enough for 5 people with luggage?

by leics

I've never used one, but the ones I've seen in Rome & environs have been ordinary saloon-type taxis, which wouldn't hold 5 + luggage.

by qaminari

Not even without luggage! The normal yellow Rome taxis take 3 in the back and 1 in the front, max, so you will need 2 taxis unless you use a limousine (meaning chauffeur-driven car) company that offers "people carriers", e.g. http://www.orangelimosrome.com/.

by monorailgold

Hello,

You might want to check with Stefano at Romecabs.com or with airportconnection.it to get a vehicle that will be big enough for your group. If you take two cabs it will cost 45 euros each cab. You can probably get a better rate through one of these two companies. Both rate very highly on this and other boards.

Donna