Tibullo

Via Tibullo 20, Rome, 00193, Italy
Tibullo
Expedia.com Venere.com Hotels.com

More about Rome

mismatched Roman columns (Apr 09)mismatched Roman columns (Apr 09)

imagine this street at rush hour!imagine this street at rush hour!

Villa Medici, Louis XIV, Roma, May 2007Villa Medici, Louis XIV, Roma, May 2007

Capitoline Museum - Lupa/She-WolfCapitoline Museum - Lupa/She-Wolf

restaurant/trattoria needed for small wedding dinner in september

by mouse388

Hi

I wonder if anybody could recommend us a nice restaurant or trattoria in Rome's city centre. We would like to book it for September for a group of around 30-40 people.
This is going to be our first time in the Eternal City, although we've been all across the Italy few times before.
Any help or tips will be greatfuly welcome.

Cheers!

Rene

by azz8206

Restaurant Name: Amalfi Pizzeria

I loved this restaurant near the Ottaviano metro. The pizza and the amalfi antipasto were some of the best dishes I've had while in Rome. Although my wife was kicking herself for not ordering a pizza because her pasta was not that good. It's not too pricey and there is no cover charge to sit. The inside is nice and clean and the service is very good with the owner taking the order and a couple of waiters attending to you. I give it a very satisfied revue just because my wife did not enjoy her pasta. It's between 25- 30 euros pp with a beer and no tip.

Favorite Dish: I really enjoyed my amalfi antipasto which consisted of prosciutto, melon, some bruschetta bread, bocconcini with tomatoes, buffalo mozzarella. a mini calzone and the piece de resistance eggplant meatballs. I also enjoyed my pizza lucifero, the salami was quite good.

Theme: Pizza
Comparison: about average
Prices: US$31-40 ยป Currency Converter
Phone: 06 39733165
Address: Via dei Gracchi, 12 Roma, Italy
Directions: 5 minutes from Ottaviano metro and near the Vatican museum.
Website: www.pizzeriaamalfi.it

The dining room is very big and can easily fit 30-40 people. Check out the website above for their menu.

by TheWanderingCamel

You'll probably be swamped with suggestions - my offering in Osteria de Gensola in Trastavere (a 5 minute walk across the river) Here's my review of it from my Rome notes

Their website is only in Italian but is easy enough to make sense of even if you don't speak the language

And from the past -

by dino335

Antica Trattoria Pasqualino al Colosseo --

Via S.S. Quattro, 66

Tel. Fax. 06/7004576

It's down a little side street a block east of the Colloseum

I had lunch at this place a few years ago, I saved their little brochure because the food was very good as well as the service. They have "banquet rooms", air conditioning, take credit cards. I presume they are still in business

by mouse388

Thanks for your help! :)

by NorCal08

Imago at the Hotel Hassler,located at the top of the Spanish Steps is very romantic and the views spectalcular. In fact, it is where I went after my wedding in Rome. There are a couple of restaurants to choose from at this location (www.hotelhassler.com).

by NorCal08

Travel Tips for Rome

WHEN YOU VISITING ROME, YOU...

by bigwolf

WHEN YOU VISITING ROME, YOU ABSOLUTELY MUST: WALK IN THE CENTER OF ROME, COLOSSEO, FORO ROMANO, CAMPIDOGLIO, GO TO THE 'MILITE IGNOTO' AND SEE WONDERFUL 'PANORAMA'
SEE YOU THE MOST IMPORTANT CHURCH, S. PIETRO, S. GIOVANNI, SANTA MARIA MAGGIORE, SAN PAOLO FUORI LE MURA.......
WALK IN THE ANCIENT STREET 'VIA APPIA ANTICA'.... THE ROMAN NIGHT'S, THE PEOPLE, THE ANCIENT SITE....

The Aurelian's wall

by sinoda

Walking around the Aurelian's will open your eyes - in many perspectives, for instance you get a (better) sense of Rome's dimensions...

With a friend I have done the walk-around-the-aurelian-wall this summer ('06). The following link will bring you to my flickr photo page where you'll find some documentation too.

Roma di Notte: tunnel di Termini

by Tunda_F

...I remember one of the first night I was alone going through Rome.I was near Termini Station,waiting for the night bus,19 years old,about 4a.m..A mad man screaming in a perfect italian and walking fast.Some slavonics drunk.Junkies looking for something.A couple smart dressed walking fast on the same pavement...

A JEWISH RESTAURANT

by artonice

We heard that ' fried artichoke' is a famous Jewish food and after our visit to the Isola Tiberina , we found this Jewish Rest.and tasted fried artichoke.There are also all kind of fried vegetables.

I must say that it's taste is not different from my fried vegetables:) Fried artichoke

Pantheon

by tim07

The Pantheon was designed by emperor Hadrian in AD 118-125. It was built as a temple to "all the gods".

The beauty & scale of this magnificent building are best appreciated from the inside. The rotunda's height & diameter are equal; 43.3 m (142 ft). The oculus, the hole at the top of the dome, provides the only light. Its diameter is 9 m (30 ft). The marble floor is the original Roman design. Around the walls are shrines to Raphael & former Italian kings.

The building is free to enter & is open daily except 1 Jan, 1 May & 25 Dec.

Comments