Trilussa Palace Hotel & Spa

Trilussa Palace Congress & Spa
Booking.com Orbitz.com Travelocity

• albertkrown's Profile Photo

Location, location!!!

October 2010 - This hotel is located in the heart of Trastevere, lovely and lively area to enjoy nightlife, great restaurants (i recommended a chinese one next door), grocery stores and locals.
    Fantastic response upon booking. These guys were fast and courteous. They were extremely helpful when asked at the time of my stay.

Unique Quality: Roof Top Bar, Wellness Center, Trastevere district

Directions: Coordinates
    - Latitude, 41.880119
    - Longitude, 12.466381
    Trastevere, Porta Portese Market, Piazza Santa Maria, lThe Coliseum, Piazza Navona, St. Peter's Square, Piazza di Spagna.

• LeeParis's Profile Photo

Terrific hotel

The Trilussa Palace was a little gem. The staff...especially at the front desk...were friendly, helpful, and courteous. The room was not large but this is Italy so we were pleased with what we had. It was clean and the bed was very comfortable. The A/C worked just fine! The #8 tram stops right across from the hotel making it easy to get to other locations in Rome. The hotel is in Trastevere - about a 10-15 minute walk (or hop the tram) to a legion of marvelous restaurants, cafes, etc. We enjoyed our stay here (7 nights) thoroughly.

Unique Quality: Interesting shower stalls. High tech with settings for hand held showering or for jets that spray from the back, etc. The shower stall is small but was okay for us. Water pressure was excellent which one doesn't always find. Lovely roof top terrace with nice views. We didn't use it because we had a balcony off our room which was great.

Directions: Trastevere area - which is a bit more residential. But the public transportation is excellent. The tram and several buses stop just across from the hotel. We had no trouble getting all around Rome using public transportation.

More about Trilussa Palace Hotel & Spa

Can't wait to go back

My husband and I just returned from a 12 day trip to Italy. We spent four nights at Trilussa Palace, and I can't say enough wonderful things about the place. The staff went out of their way to make our stay a memorable one. My thanks to Andrea, Gianmarco, and the wonderful lady at the desk, who spoke English fluently, and I apologize that I have forgotten her name. They have a roof garden restaurant, and although it was not open at the time of year that we went, it was nice to go up there and view the city.Trastevere is a great neighborhood. Outside of Rome, but close to everything there is to see. Excellent public transportation. We rode the bus, and the train. The restaurant is within walking distance of the Piazza,Santa Maria, and there are many restaurants to choose from. Restaurants in Italy charge a coperto, a cover to sit and eat in the restaurant, which can run from $1EU to $3EU which we paid in Florence. I hope to return to Rome someday, and I will definitely be booking at Trilussa Palace.

Simply wonderful

by TripAdvisor Member skynyrdfan

Simply wonderful is how I'd rate this hotel. We've just returned from our honeymoon in Rome and spent 10 days at the Trilussa Palace. Please ignore the reference to fleas a few reviews ago - I don't see how fleas can live in a room where the beds are stripped every day and no carpet exists on the floor. Chances are the person was bitten by mosquitoes or something similar (my wife suffered a few munches!). The hotel itself is in a quiet part of Rome, away from the main hustle and bustle. Have a drink on the roof garden terrace - the views are great, and the drink quite reasonable.

If you're arriving at Fiumicino airport, don't get the express train to Roma Termini. Instead get the local train to Orte or Fara Sabina and get off at Roma Trastevere. Out of the station and in front on the left you'll see the trams. Hop on a No 8 direction Argentina and two stops later, you're outside the hotel! Only costs 1 Euro for a 75 min ticket. If you're planning to see the sights, the No 8 tram takes you to Argentina where the main city is a short walk away. Take the No 3 bus from outside the hotel and about 20 mins later you hop off right next to the Colosseum. Tram tickets are valid on trams, buses and the metro - buy a 1 day ticket for 4 Euro or a 7 day ticket for 16 Euro from the tobacconists a few minutes walk away from the hotel.

As for eating, try the restaurants around Santa Maria square. Wander round the side streets and you'll find plenty of places to try. And you MUST try the China Garden right next to the hotel! Great food, great service (so quick) and so cheap! A bottle of wine only costs 7.50 Euro!

On Sunday, the area outside the front of the hotel across the road is one HUGE flea market. Fun to walk around, with what looks like the contents of peoples attics for sale, as well as the usual market stall clothing and shoes. Oh, and the photo posted earlier showing the rubbish outside the hotel was definitely taken on Sunday afternoon. Yes, a lot of litter gets left after the market, but it's all cleared up Sunday evening.

After a busy day walking round all the sights, the shower is a great thing to try - like having your own personal massage! The only drawback is the water takes an age to drain away. But, all in all, a great place to stay. Trust me, you won't be disappointed.

Great!

by TripAdvisor Member KingKevWynyardUK_

We arrived at midnight having booked two "suites". Comparison of them suggested the one was not what it should be, we were offered a triple room and free use of the spa.

The rooms are great for a Capital city centre hotel (my american friends think new york rooms not Las Vegas!). The next morning the breakfast was good and the front desk staff very helpful with a free map and tips.

The shower was "quirky" - some of the jets will give you a surprise! As some reviewers state there is graffitti in the area however we saw this all over Rome including the Vatican City. The location is great (less than 50yards to the tram then five mins to Argentina). Felt totally safe at all times of day. Ask the reception staff for tips of where to eat, the sqaure off the main road down toward Argentina is very busy with locals, great for live entertainment.

Defo recommend this hotel - we paid £88 per room (suite) in first week of September through expedia. Try it you won't be disappointed!

Beautiful Place, Great Personnel

We stayed in Trilussa from Aug. 10 - 17. It is a new hotel, with clean, beautiful room, we had a triple room with a balcony on the 7th floor, Rm. 713, bathroom is well equipped except the standing shower is small. Beds have memory foams so you can enjoy a good night sleep after a whole day of walking.
Breakfast which is free is great! The roof top restaurant is an experience to see.
Front desk personnels are very friendly and accomodating. special thanks to Andrea & Roman who helped us a lot up to the last day of our stay and also to Mimi. How are you guys? Remember us? Maybe not! But thanks a lot!
Suggestion: Staying on the 7th floor which is right under the roof top restaurant is a little bit of a problem, the noise that is created when they are cleaning up after dinner can be heard underneath, I am a light sleeper and I always wake up with the noise. They should lessened this noise!

You will love it

I just stayed at this hotel with my husband and we just loved it! I booked it because I read so many amazing reviews notwithstanding the one about fleas and I am glad I did not make much of that review ??? (my daughter had fleas once I know that you you can't see them so don't even bother with that one) Maybe they got mosquito bites outside because we got quite a few bites walking out at night then again I was told that the weather was exceptionally humid for that time of year. The hotel was brand new, everthing was in marble, elegant, and it was sparkling clean. The rooms were really beautiful espescially the bathroom it was pretty big and its's true, the shower is really amazing! You have to try the spa (you can rent it in private) we really loved that! They even gave us a free cocktail at the lounge on the roof top and the view was so beautiful you could see all of Rome so we ended up up staying there for supper. We had a beautiful romantic dinner up there by candlelight and there is even a telescope (you might want to try that) The staff was really friendly they gave us a free map and gave us a lot of tips on where to go. We suggest eating out at the Santa Maria square it's full of restaurants and bars and just a 5 or 10 minutes walk and its full of life and shopping until late at night! The prices are reasonable we had delicious pizza for less than 10 euro each (it's an area frequented by locals) the location is great! I would definately go back.

The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly

by TripAdvisor Member jtoski

The Good:
- Best hotel bed ever.
- Loved the bidet.
- Nicely laid out rooms, though small, are easy to move around in.
- Clean, clean, clean. Don't know where these other people got bug bites from.
- Chinese restaurant right next door is excellent and cheap, 20 E for two with wine.
- Gorgeous rooftop bar with free drink coupon given at reception.
- A/C temp digitally controlled, comfortable room temp.
- If you're a fan of eating out of the room minibar, this is the cheapest I've ever seen.
- 5 E train trip from Fiumicino airport gets you 0.25 miles from hotel. Train station is about a 15 E taxi ride. Tram stop seconds from the hotel lobby, bus stop just a minute past it.
- Very few children in the hotel, extremely quiet at night.

The Bad:
- Shower temp never goes higher than 38 degrees centigrade, which trust me, is tepid.
- Don't believe the hype about the massage shower, it is almost too small for me to fit into and I'm 5'4 and 135 pounds. My 6'2 husband just didn't turn around in it.
- Two English-language channels, both news.
- Generally unhelpful staff at front desk, would expect at a 4 star hotel that they'd crack a smile once in a while, or at least TRY.
- Internet access via WIFI only in hotel lobby, 10 E for 24 hours. Since we had room immediately above the lobby we had in-room WIFI. This isn't cheap or particularly accessable.
- Acceptable breakfast, although nothing special. Cereal selection, fruit 40% of the time, pastries, ok ham and breads.

The Ugly:
- We saw the suite, and it's not much bigger or better than the standard room. Unless you plan on putting a second bed in the room, save your Euros. There is a double shower, also the overrated version of the standard version.
- 30 E per hour for the spa services, which consisted of a small pool and sauna.

Overall, we would probably stay closer to the city center instead of Trastevere again. It was a bit of a haul to get anywhere although the quietness of the area was a plus. Everything is relative, and $150-$180 a night seems about right.

Good four star hotel

by TripAdvisor Member Helsinki

Very nice hotel in Trastevere, good connetions to other parts of Rome. Tram number 8 and 3 have stops just outside this hotel and the 8 tram goes at least every three minutes during daytime. So the place is very easy to access also by train+tram straight from the airport.

Rooms are very nice and clean and we even had our own balcony. Rooms are not too big and there are no windows in the room, but one door to the balcony. It may give you a little claustrofobic image of the room, but it keeps the street noise at a very low level when door is closed.(=no street noise.)

Hotels penthouse bar was closed and we did not eat at the hotel restaurant, because there are several good places to eat in Trastevere just a short walk from the hotel. Breakfast was good, not only normal black coffee, but also cappucino and espresso, so it gives you a good start for a long walk in the sights of Rome. :) The also had little Parma Reggiano-cheese packages for breakfast, so that was a nice extra thing.

We really loved the steamroom/shower and I am a big (187cm/130kg) man and I did fit there really well. It´s an excellent way to relax after a long day walking around Rome.

TV´s have some kind of internet services in them, but we didn´t use them.

See pictures I took of the hotel. You will enjoy it. We sure did for four nights.

Nice place to stay.

by TripAdvisor Member Roamer44

My girlfriend and I spent 5 nights in the Trilussa Hotel in November and paid around 145 Euros per night via Expedia.

Location: great: quiet and safe.

Transportation: you can take the tram right in front of the hotel which will bring you to the terminus “Largo Argentina” in less than 10 min. You are then in the historic centre, a five min walk to the Pantheon.
From “Largo Argentina”, you can take a variety of buses to explore the city and the 40 Express will bring you to Termini Station.
Otherwise, you can catch the H bus nearby the hotel to go directly to Termini station.

Hotel: it is new or newly renovated and therefore very clean and nicely decorated. Our room was really comfortable. The staff was friendly. The breakfast was ok.
We booked the spa for one hour for 30 euros: the Jacuzzi was not working and this is the only small disagreement we experienced: I did not notice the staff as it was late in the evening.
We did not have time to try the restaurant but I highly recommend the Chinese just next door. You will experience the best pizzas ever with good wine and desert for less than 10 euros: best place ever to eat!!!!!

I definitely recommend this hotel as it is clean, nice, comfortable, well located and well managed.
Overall, money well spent.

Comments