Trionfal Apartment

Via dei CoronariVia dei Coronari

Apr 2009Apr 2009

Titus triumphantTitus triumphant

FacadeFacade

Buying a phone card in Italy to use with my blackberry....

by lengleng

Hi there,
Does anyone know I can buy a phone card but using my blackberry (T mobile)from united states .I was doing that in Aisa and it was wonderful.Thanks in advance,
lengleng

Re: Buying a phone card in Italy to use with my blackberry....

by bekerovka

Hy,
Yes, you can. There are many operators and many offers in Italy but maybe for a BB it's better a TIM or Vodafone sim card.
Take a look here: http://www.prepaidgsm.net/en/italy.html.
You'll need your passport and the "codice fiscale" (fiscal code). There are explanations for to get it in the link above.
Ciao, Marco

Re: Buying a phone card in Italy to use with my blackberry....

by lengleng

Marco,Thank you for the information,truly appreciatte it :-)lengleng

Travel Tips for Rome

Rome is so wonderful, because...

by yakiho3

Rome is so wonderful, because so much of the history of the Western world originated from there. All the things I have read about Rome for 50 years now have some concrete reality. Not concrete, actually, marble and granite. The amount of stone those people stacked up is astounding. Sharing a hostel with 29 college girls and a common shower beat any five star hotel one could find. And all for $15 a night!

Films.

by leics

I had to buy some film in Rome, and I thought it was expensive (probably because I'm used to getting good deals in multipacks from the supermarket). It was also quite hard to see where I could buy film (apart from obviously expensive photography shops) though that could have just been where I was at the time. I suggest you pack as many films as you are likely to need, plus some spare for emergencies. Hat and sunscreen!

Ferrari

by gugi66 about Children's Clothing

If you like Ferrari then donĀ“t miss their shop. We bought a sweater and a pair of pants for our son (4 months old). Realy expensive 88 Euro but it was realy good quality.

I recommend the store take a look.

AVOID IT

by sunshine9689 about Trattoria Der Pallaro

We went there because our favorite guide book writer - Rick Steve - recommended it in his latest Italy 2010 book. He is usually very good with his suggestions, but he was not with Trattoria Der Pallaro.

You pay 25 euro per person and get a five course Roman dinner: wine, appetizers, pasta, meat dish, desert and tangerine juice.
Excited we came and sat, surrounded by only american tourists. No locals ever came, and very soon we found out why.

First of all, the wine was not good. We`ve eaten at a few places around Rome, ranging from cheap to moderate, and our wine experience was always good, except on that day at Trattoria.
Appetizers were OK, nothing special or too tasty.
Pasta dish was so! small. Just 10 penne pieces or so.
Meat dish came with.. chips, not even real potatoes!
Desert was a dry and mediocre cake.
Tangerine juice was good, but it came in a small shot glass, just enough for 2 sips.

We then were rushed out by the turban lady-owner and I vouched to write about this sh*t hole everywhere for people to avoid.
Sorry, Rick Steve. I believe the place was good, when you came, but the owner must of gotten greedy and changed the menu or something.. She should be taken out of the guide book!

Surprising osteria in Rome's industrial area

by baronedivandastad about Cacio e Cocci

I ended up eating at this place an evening in August 2005, after unsuccessfully trying two other places who were invariably closed for holidays.

The area (Ostiense) where it's been recently opened could be considered Rome's industrial museum, with loads of dismissed factory buildings and the almost-brand-new air terminal counting among the less archeological but equally fascinating ruins of the Capital of Italy.

But let us go back to the restaurant with an unpronounceable name (I'll pay you a Peroni Gran Riserva if you get it right the first time and you're not Italian). The accueil was polite, and we were offered to change for a better table after ordering as some other customers had left. The owner and manager illustrated the dishes with an obvious passion, and though he was a bit absent throughout the meal (the place looked slightly understaffed) the timing of the dishes was pretty accurate.

The wine list was rather small and centered on a few very reliable farms such as Feudi di San Gregorio. The wine came very cold and was correctly put in a cylinder with no ice as it needed to warm up.

The bill was relatively honest, though we were charged for coffee and had no liqueur offered at the end, which is sort of customary. Ok, I'm being too demanding once again: I must say that after all I'll definitely go back. Perhaps the farfalle (butterfly-shaped) pasta with curry and zucchini was the most positively surprising thing, but I have to spend a word of praise for the grilled fish in orange and fenkel sauce.

Comments