Villa Flaminia

Via Stesicoro 82-84, Axa, Rome, 00125, Italy
Villa Flaminia
Travelocity Tingo.com AMOMA.com

More about Rome

The giant white elephant from St Peter's cupolaThe giant white elephant from St Peter's cupola

The ColuseumThe Coluseum

traffic-congestion in checkpointtraffic-congestion in checkpoint

InteriorInterior

Termini Station

by poorlittle

I will be meeting my daughter at the train station as her flight gets in later than mine. She will be taking the Leonardo Express from Fiumicino. Can I get right to the tracks to meet her or is there somewhere else we should arrange to meet? Does the train usually come into the same area everytime?

by Lacristina

It's not clear from your posting...are you also arriving on a flight at Fiumicino? Why not wait there for her? At least you would know if her flight is late, luggage lost, or any other reason she's delayed.

Also, with two of you, you could share a taxi (40 euros flat rate to anyplace in the center of Rome, inside the Aurelian walls) or a car service (35 euros, I've used http://www.romeshuttlelimousine.com/) The train costs 11 euros.

Yes, the train from Fiumicino usually comes in on the same track at Termini, Track 24. But this can change (it did last month when I met a friend and her train from Fiumicino was delayed and arrived far, far away at Track 28) so you should always check the electronic board for track arrivals. In any event, you can always agree to meet at Track 24.

Things can and do go wrong, and unless you both have cell phones that work in Italy and you can call each other, you should have a backup plan in place in case you miss each other.

But Rome is always worth any travel problems!

by poorlittle

My daughter gets in at night and I get in to Rome in the morning. I know there may be a delay. She is calling before she flies out. Im not sure how long it will take to get through customs butour B&B is nerar the station. I just wondered if there is a good meeting place there or is it easy to get to the tracks. I dont want her wandering around alone. Thank you.

by Lacristina

Ah, now I understand. You will already have checked into your B&B and return to the station for her.

I would still suggest meeting at the end of Track 24, since that's where she's likely to come in.

Another alternative would be just outside the main entrance at the taxi stand.

Don't worry about Termini...it is safe.

Have a great trip!

by Roadquill

There is a large hall between the platforms and the ticket hall (http://www.frascati.enea.it/FEL/BRITE/map.htm) where there are food places you could meet in or in front of including a McDonalds also an Illy Coffee. Or arrange to meeting under the electronic board by the via Giolitti side.

by Lacristina

Hi Roadkill! Good suggestions.

I'm a bit gun-shy about recommending McDonalds as a meeting place. I thought it was a perfectly obvious place to meet, but wouldn't you know it, the person I told to meet me there went to the McDonalds on the LOWER level! Further proof that if it can go wrong, it will!

by effeti

I second Cristina's opinion.... (Ciaoooo!! Come va?) the end of track 24 is unique, simple to find and quite obvious! (looking the front of the station, it's on the rigth.) And the access is free.
Ciao
Francesco

by fairy_dust

I don't suggest meeting at Mickey D's - there are at least 3 in Termini station alone! I think the Leonardo Express always comes/goes on the same track so just show up on the platform and you should be fine. Also, if you decide to meet up at the entrance of the station, there are two so be specific (one of them is Via Marsala, I'm not sure which street the other one is on).

Travel Tips for Rome

This sits opposite the Mouth of Truth

by unravelau

I still haven't found out what it says but when you are having your photo taken with your hand in the mouth of truth.......you will see this inscription on the wall in front of you. We had met up with my daughter and were going around the well known must sees in Rome....... so this picture reminds me of that trip in 1998.

Michelangelo's bridge

by jungles

One of the loveliest street scenes in Rome is the view of this bridge that crosses over Via Giulia. One end of the bridge starts within the grounds of the Palazzo Farnese, the sumptuous palace of the Farnese family that is now the French embassy. The same family also owned a winter home - the Villa Farnesina, which lies directly on the other side of the Tiber River. The Farnese commissioned Michelangelo to design a private bridge that would enable them (and only them) to cross the river from one palace to another. The bridge was never actually completed and does not span the Tiber, but the part that does exist is a beautiful addition to Via Giulia.

Photo by sushimifune.

Really good Airline Seating info

by kevinryan98765

I used this on my flight, got the perfect seat, here's a blurb on the site:

This site is now becoming quite popular, but if you haven't heard of it, it's a gem. ANYONE that flies should be using this prior to purchasing their tickets. Want the scoop on which seat has the best legroom, which one has limited relince, which one's near a power port for your laptop?

www.everydaywebsites.blogspot.com

Local and GOOD!

by shrimp56 about La Vecchia Conca

As usual we often eat in the 'hood where we are staying, so back we went to La Vecchia Conca, It was raining very lightly and all the chairs were on top of the outside tables. Our hearts sank until we realized we could go down the stairs into a warm and cozy interior, lobster tanks included. I had the traditional Roman spaghetti with grated cheese and cracked black pepper. mr mc had wild mushroom tortellini. It was fun watching people come down the stairs tentatively and then break into a smile when they realized they had found a sanctuary. The locals of course just came on in, did the obligatory kiss/kiss with the owners and headed for the side room.

History of Gladiators - How Many Untold Stories

by Mikebb

We visited the Coliseum twice, the first time, a Sunday, we left the line as it was very crowded and we could come back mid week. When you are close up to the stadium you realise the size of the stadium, walls towering towards the sky. Look at the attached photos and you will see how small the people in the crowd are relative to the walls. Examining the huge stone blocks used in the construction you will marvel at the work of the tradesmen, little mortar is used and the precision used in cutting the blocks resulting in a perfect tight fit is the reason why this building is still standing after 2000 years.
When we toured with the guide we were informed the Romans flooded the lower underground area and where the chariots raced there was a timber floor covered with sand.
The amphitheatre has a circumference of 1730 feet and the height of 187 feet and the stadium could hold 80,000 people and clear in 10 minutes through the numerous entrances. It is well worth the effort to take time and go inside to appreciate this great stadium.

Comments