Villa Residenza d'Arte Roma

More about Rome

The Trevi FountainThe Trevi Fountain

the obelisk and Palace of Monte Citoriothe obelisk and Palace of Monte Citorio

DomeDome

Drowing our sorrowsDrowing our sorrows

capitolini card: a good deal?

Hi Everyone!

Is the Capitolini museum card a good deal or is it better to just buy for each museum? I understand it is good for 7 days, but I don't think that amount of time is necessary.

Thanks!

by leics

Like all such cards, it's worthwhile if you are going to visit both of the museums included.

Entrance to the Capitoline is 6.5 euro.

Only you can decide whether it is a good deal for you. Have a look at the other cards which are available as well:

Thanks Leics!

I am a museum buff so I will look at what both museums have to offer.

by monorailgold

Hello,

You also might want to look at the romapass. It includes lots of sights and offers discounts to most of the museums and attractions in Rome. romapass.it/english/index.html is the website. It is a 3 day pass that also give you use of the transportation system. Check out the website for all the details.

Donna

Thanks monorailgold!
I'll compare it. Basically I am looking for the cheapest way to get in as many sites as I can. I'm going to buy the Archeologia card. I just figured that the capitolini card existed to cover museums that the other cards did not.I guess I had better sit them all down and compare. I wasn't intersted in the romacard so much at first since I will be walking pretty much everywhere, but I will take another look.

Travel Tips for Rome

Helpful links

by tini58de

While preparing our trip to Rome, I came across some very helpful pages, that I would like to share with you.

Other than the ones, that I have already mentioned in my other tips, here are a few more:

- Travelling with Ed and Julie with fantastic tips on transportation, various walks and other great info

- The Enjoy Rome City Guide has a very helpful section on "Rome for Free", Transportation, How to get from the Airport to the city center etc.

- Einladung nach Rom is a fantastic website in German with loads of sightseeing tips

Pincio- close to Piazza del Popolo

by Incubus30

Most people just visit the magnificent Piazza del Popolo and stop there. You can have a look at this enormous park called Pincio but climbing the stairs on the side of the square.

From up there,you can enjoy a breathtaking view of the square and of Rome too.

Ideal to relax after a day dealing with the fast paced Roman traffic .

Photo coming soon

Cruise at night at Tiber

by Turska about Batteli di Roma

It sounded like very romantic idea,to cruice at night at Tiber.They cruised from thursday to saturday at 21.30 22.30 and 23.30,leaving close to Isola Tiberina.It was only at time of Estete Romana-festival.Little desapointment was,that we didn´t get a seat from upper deck,and saw allmost nothing.The banks of Tiber are so high,that it´s not easy to see from down there.Best -and only things to see were near the castel san Angelo.I´m not sure,but I think,that from upper deck they saw more.We went up first,but they didn´t let my husband stand next to my chair,so we went down to sit together.

The place to go in Rome

by herrylaw about Gusto

This is five venues in one - an excellent restaurant - alfresco and upstairs (next to the wine shop past the bookstore), a pizzeria and a wine bar and is alwayslively. Situated just off the Via del Corso for when you need a break from shopping you can continue people people watching with superb food and an excellent wine list (try the delicious Franz Haas Traminer Aramatico from Alto Adige) .

One of the great wonders of the world..

by koalaperhe

While in Rome, you of course came to see Colosseum. So did we, and while expensive tickets almost turned us against the whole thing, it was very unique experience, if somewhat limited, as some parts of the structure were out due to renovations.

Comments