Viminale Hotel

Satisfaction Average

Costs 26% less but rated 13% lower than other 4 star hotels

• xaver's Profile Photo

Not the best option

I stayed here cause the hotel I booked had a problem of overbooking, so I do not advice this hotel chain as reliable for sure.
    The room was nothing special and pretty small for a 4 stars.
    I paid 75 euro with breakfast that, also that one, was just ok, nothing to be enthusiastic of.
    Hotel is not so close to the station so I do not particulary reccomend it.

Directions: from the railway station reach via cavour (left from the main exit) then proceed untill you meet the traffic lights and turn right going up in Via Cesare Balbo you will see the hotel on your left.

• sswagner's Profile Photo

Good location and well-kept

I did not include pricing information since the room price has fluctuated quite a bit lately. Therefore, I will focus on the other details of our stay here. The location is good. It is only a few minutes of walking to get to and from Termini Station. We did not require a cab to transfer from the station. The rooms are clean, and everything in there seemed to work fine. Breakfast was good. If you are an avid walker, you can reach many of the main sites without trouble. I walked between the hotel and the Trevi fountain, Pantheon, and the Colosseum. There are restaurants and public transportation opportunities nearby. If you stay here, go to the rooftop of the hotel and look out over the city. It is a nice balcony. The photo is included here. Be sure you have a map when coming to the Viminale. It is not too complicated to get here, however the map certainly helps.

Unique Quality: The view was nice.

• wanderlust23's Profile Photo

Beautiful hotel tucked away in quiet neighborhood

Hotel Viminale is a nice, comfortable hotel with helpful staff and nice, clean rooms. We had a lovely room on the street side with a balcony. The furnishings were tasteful and the linens and ammenities were nice and comfortable.

Unique Quality: The hotel has two lovely terraces on the third and fourth floors. From these terraces, one may sit in a porch swing and rock away while looking at the beautiful city. Great views from these terraces - great place to relax and talk.

Directions: From entrance of train station, turn L onto Via Cav-our. After about four blocks, turn R onto Via A. Depretis (in front of S. Maria Maggiore). Two blocks on this street and you will see Via Cesare Balbo. Turn L and the hotel is down one block on the L.

More about Viminale Hotel

NICE HOTEL IN ROME

by normmm

Me and my brothers will invite our parents to Rome in March for 5 days. We're looking for a well located and nice accommodation in the city. Could you please recommend me any lodgement (hotel or bed and breakfast). Our budget is between 100-125 € per night and room.

We would prefer an ancient building (with garden) rather than a modern establishment.
Than you for your help.

Norma

by abarbieri

Norma,
first of all I suggest to check all others VT members travel page about Rome where you will find great tips and general information about the Eternal City.
March is quite a busy time and at the end of it will also be Easter , so accommodation will be more expensive.With your budget it will be easier to find a good bb rather then a hotel especially with the garden.
Ciao!! Antonio

by Roadquill

I recommend the Hotel Portoghese, just North of the Piazza Navona. It does not have a garden, but is a five minute walk to Piazza Navona, ten minutes to the Pantheon. In addition to typical hotel rooms, they have an apartment next door. Excellent breakfast provided on the roof patio. My wife and teenage daughters loved it. Two of our close friends have now stayed there and they also like it. It is a bit of a walk to the Coloseum. It's been three years since I've been there, but I don't think the prices have changed that much.
Good luck
Karl

by wanderlust23

I really enjoyed Hotel Viminale, check out my page at http://www.virtualtourist.com/m/3324c/23513/3/ which includes a link to the hotel's website. I would recommend booking through expedia or orbitz though - it's cheaper!

Comments