Windrose

Windrose Hotel
Orbitz.com Venere.com Expedia.com

Similarly priced and rated as other 3 star hotels

More about Windrose

Anybody know if the Tulip Inn Roma Globus is a Nice Hotel?

by altfineart

I will be travelling to Rome in February and can get a really good package deal of airline tickets and hotel room. The hotel is the Tulip Inn Roma Globus, I am led to understand it is in the university area but convenient to buses and the subway? The site says its only a 5 minute ride to the Termini station where I can catch other public transportation as needed. Is the hotel a nice one and is it in a nice, safe area?

Re: Anybody know if the Tulip Inn Roma Globus is a Nice Hotel?

by abarbieri

Your Hotel is in the University Area, that is ok but far from any sight.By walk it should take a little bit more to get to the Termini Train Station, maybe 15 minutes.
The area is safe and quite at night anyway, because all offices and university are closed.
If You wish to stay closer to the station try the following:
Hotel WindRose(open about 2 years ago)
Via Gaeta 39 (2 min. walk from the exit)
Tel.++39.06.4821913
www.hotelwindrose.it

Stay well!!
Antonio

Re: Re: Anybody know if the Tulip Inn Roma Globus is a Nice Hotel?

by altfineart

Thank you for answering my inquiry. I decided to go ahead and stay at the Tulip Inn Roma Globus. It has lots of good reviews everywhere I look, which pleases me. I will be staying there for 9 days and it meets my budget requirements. I am aware I'll have to walk to the Policlinico Station and catch the metro or take a bus into the old part of the city. This does not bother me as I have used the subway systems in New York, London and Paris with no difficulty. I understand there is a weekly (CIS) transportation Pass which can be purchased. I am now doing research on this to see if I can get it at the airport before I leave for my hotel. Once again thank you for your help and I am sure I will be posting additional questions as my plans for my time there come together.

Hotels with complimentary airport transfers

by WrigleyTodd

I forgot to add to my previous question that I'm also trying to find hotels or bed & breakfasts that offer complimentary airport transfers to and from DaVinci Airport.

Thanks for your help.

Re: Hotels with complimentary airport transfers

by abarbieri

For hotel reccomendations check other VT members Rome pages, where you will also find more usefull tips about the Eternal City.On mine there is a list of interesting web sites.See also my post to Stef about Hotel WindRose(www.windrose.it)
I do not think you will be able to find a hotel that offers complimentary airport transfers.Not even 5 star hotels do it.
Your options are:
-Leonardo Express train from Fiumicino Airport(FCO) to Termini and viceversa at 9.50 euro per person.
-Taxi(the legal ones are white,with taxi sign on the top and the meter always on) that should cost about 45 euro including the luggage fee
Ciao!!

Re: Hotels with complimentary airport transfers

by Olivaw

See my answer to Stef also. We found a place that will do transfers included in their price
La maison Royale is a little more expensive than some, but they offer transport from the airport. This was important for us to be able to get to the Vatican as soon as possible. (Maison Royale B&B
c/o ATLANTE HOTELS ROMA