Via Tiburtina Valeria, km 22,700, Tivoli Terme, Tivoli, 00011, Italy
Booking.com Expedia.com Venere.com

Similarly priced and rated as other 4 star hotels

More about Tivoli

At the foot of the antique hillsAt the foot of the antique hills

Lasting image of Villa AdrianaLasting image of Villa Adriana

VestiboloVestibolo

Piccole TermePiccole Terme

Looking for a horse drawn carriage for my daughter's wedding

by usfirstaid

My daughter is to be married in Tivoli on the 17th of September. Would like to rent a horse and carriage to take her from the hotel in Tivoli to the city hall.

Any suggestions??? Stretch limo would be my second choice

Thanks for any help

by travelgourmet

Which Tivoli? You could mean the one in Italy, Ireland , UK, Belarus, Australia, or 3 in the USA.

by usfirstaid

Hmmm. I thought this was the forum for Tivoli Italy. I know there are others but this site is only for the one in italy

by footstool

Have you asked the hotel staff for a recommendation?

by travelgourmet

Well, click on the forum and up comes the Travel Forum. Under the Posts is your question listed. It reads just "Tivoli". Hummmmm. VT needs some help. Anyway, all you have to do in Tivoli is ask the concierge at your hotel to hire a horse and carriage for you with a wedding theme, or to at least let you know where you can hire one.

by Cristian_Uluru

In Tivoli there is a farm holidays which should rent horses: AGRITURISMO COLLE PACIOCCO, email: info@agriturismocollepaciocco.it

Try to contact them.

by Billy16

Dear Travelgourmet!

If you look just below the brown toolbar near ths top of the page you will see

Home>>Forums>>Europe>>Italy>>Lazio>>Tivoli

by unaS

Yup. On the top left hand side of the page, under the logo and the red bar, written small in blue = Home » Forums » Europe» Italy» Lazio» Tivoli

by travelgourmet

All of the < >>Europe>>Italy>>Lazio>>Tivoli > is not listed on the main Forum page that way, only as with "Post a Question", below that "Forum" with the location you put in and for over 5 years on VT I have not noticed the info under the red line on the answer page when I tried to reply. So, thank you VTers for kindly letting me know so quickly where to look next time before I write a reply if the location is in more than one place on this crowded planet, as I did not know which city/place the poster was referring to by my not perusing the entire page to see so plainly in front of my eyes under the red line where exactly the poster meant. My bad.

by unaS

Me neither. Actually wrote to Giampiero about it, then kiwi pointed out to me where it is and when I returned here to mention it, I saw the the poster just above me had already noted it.

Travel Tips for Tivoli

Tivoli and the Villas

by TinKan

There are many things to see in the town of Tivoli and this little town has much to offer in the way of food, drink, tourist gifts and tours of the old Roman Villas that are located in the area.

In the main square you will find many people trying to sell tours and gifts but the real treasures are to be found in the side streets and in the Roman ruins.

Antique Tibur and the present

by alza

Here is a pot-pourri of photos from Villa Adriana in June 2010. More photos of Villa Adriana in travelogue below.

The great wall was constructed following advice by Hadrian's doctor regarding the length of a healthy daily walk for the Emperor. All Hadrian had to do was walk along its length and back, and his exercise for the day was done.

See Daumet's reconstruction of Villa Adriana for a good idea of its former appearance.

Temples of the Town

by sandysmith

At the edge of the town overlooking a ravine near the Ponte Gregoriano are the ruins of these temples - temples of Vesta and Sybil.
The round based temple of Vesta dates from 1st century is formed by 18 Corinthian columns but only 10 remain today.
The rectangular Sybil temple is ionic in style.

Villa Hadriana

by sandysmith

The Villa Hadriana became the imperial residence. The villa was located just outside ancient Tibur, modern Tivoli, some 28 km E. of Rome. It stood on a hillside, surrounded by two minor tributaries to the Aniene, which flows into the Tiber just N. of Rome. Tivoli, and hence the villa, was easily reached from Rome by land via the Via Tiburtina and by boat on the Aniene, being navigable at the time.

Canopus view

by sandysmith

The Canopus refers to an artificial canal that connected the Egyptian city of Canopus in the Nile delta with Alexandria. The city Canopus was famous for its Temple of Serapis - the temple at the end of the lake. The Canopus was built before Hadrian's first journey to Egypt, so it is not a reconstruction of something he had seen on this travels as purported to be so.

I was so excited when I took this view from the hill above and saw all the reflections...I could hardly contain myself and rushed down to snap away. Hence the next few pics will show these reflections!

Comments