Via della Punta San Martino 4, Arenzano, 16011, Italy

Satisfaction Poor

Similarly priced and rated as other 4 star hotels

More about Hotel Punta San Martino

the canionthe canion

Milan or Genoa to live in?

by Egam

Hello!!!! I'm planning to move to a new place, and I....really need your help: which is the best place to live in, Genoa or Milan? And why? Please, expert travellers or people who live there, let me know!
Thanks!!!!!!!!!!!!

RE: Milan or Genoa to live in?

by Jetgirly

I lived in Torino, which is "midway" between Milan and Genoa. I could easily see myself living in either city, but it would depend on what kind of life I wanted to live. Milan is a great place to spend money! Things are quite expensive but there is great shopping, food and entertainment. It's a really big city, so there is lots of art, culture and nightlife. Genova is smaller and less expensive. It also has a very old medieval center, which can be unsafe late at night. One of the big advantages of Genova is the proximity to the Cinque Terre and other beautiful coastal areas.

If I were going to pick one city, I would choose Genoa. It's more affordable and less hectic. It's close to great beaches to visit on the weekend. It's also very multicultural. I think you'd probably enjoy are more authentic "Italian" experience there as well.

RE: Milan or Genoa to live in?

by julian3

If you do have the money to spend,
In Milan, from my research probably living near Lake Como.
Brilliant atmosphere and fresh air.

In Genoa, there is a very exotic and elegant hotel i'd like to name,
It's called the Punta San Martino Hotel
- Via Della Punta San Martino 4 - Genoa.
Punta San Martino lays on a precipice just a stroll away from the beach in a quiet and charming resort and provides a spectacular overlook on the Gulf of Genoa and the Ligurian Riviera. The Hotel not only offers comfortable common spaces but also...
More lodging info go to http://genoait.ags.myareaguide.com/

RE: RE: Milan or Genoa to live in?

by rubbersoul75

Id definately do Genoa. Jetgirly gives you good summary of the cities. I would definately visit both before making a decision though!

RE: RE: Milan or Genoa to live in?

by Egam

Thank you all for your answers!!!! Yes, I'm planning to visit both cities before making a decision, but I know that in a few days it will be difficult to have an opinion...So it's important to me to share with someone else who knows those places better than me...
Cheers!!!!!