Astor Hotel

Viale delle Palme 16-18, Genoa, 16167, Italy
Hotel Astor
Booking.com Expedia.com Hotels.com

More about Genoa

the main entrancethe main entrance

Mario Panificio FocacciaMario Panificio Focaccia

JellyfishJellyfish

SunfishSunfish

the best way to get to San Remo from Genoa aeroport

by Irina_Blyumina

Hello
Could anyone advice me the best way to get to San Remo from Genoa aeroport (arrival time 1 p.m)
Many thanks.

by craic

Hi - http://www.trenitalia.com/cms/v/index.jsp?vgnextoid=ad1ce14114bc9110VgnVCM10000080a3e90aRCRD

check trenitalia
the journey is about 2 hours on the fastest train - most if not all trains seem to be direct - the cost second class on the trip i looked at was about 13 euro

they seem to leave from Brignole station in genoa (there are two stations Brignole and Principe - so it is just a matter of getting from the airport to the right station

by leics

Use

to give you train times, details and fares in English.

Genoa > San Remo takes from 2 hours, but can be longer depending on departure time.

I think you could catch the 14:51, arriving at San R at 17:51, one-way fare 8.10 euro (really!).

Or you could wait for the faster 16:55, arriving at 18:48.

Transport information from Genoa airport in English here:

The airport bus will take you straight to Genoa Brignole station at a cost of 6 euro one-way.

by Irina_Blyumina

Thanks Craic!
Thanks Leics!
p.s. Leics, your new photo is very positive!

by leics

Thank you! :-)

Travel Tips for Genoa

Our great guide!

by nighthawk

Chiara, thank you so much for showing us your city.
As always it was great to see you again!
So whenever you are in my neck of the woods: please let me know! :-) This is a city I sure like because you have the sea, the mountains, the culture and the great food!

aadil & genoa...

by pollon

"And the more I see the leaflets and brouchures and maps of Genoa, the more I think of coming back!!!" is one of the comments aadil wrote to me when he was back in Mumbai... he has been a wonderful guest and I'm looking forward to another visit of him :-)...

How to make a good pesto sauce!

by Azhut

Here you can read some recipes of pesto sauce, try them and BUON APPETITO!!

Recipe 1 - Makes 1and 1/2 cups/450ml

1c
45g
Basil leaves, washed and dried

6 cloves

3/4c
175ml
Olive oil

Salt & Pepper

In a food processor, puree the basil, garlic, pine nuts and parmesan cheese with 2-3 Tb/30-45ml olive oil. With the blade turning, slowly add the remaining oil so the sauce emulsifies. Season to taste with salt and pepper.

Recipe 2 - Makes 1e 1/2 pints/750ml

120g
Romano cheese, grated

Salt & Pepper
TT

Place one third of the olive oil in a blender or food processor and add all the remaining ingredients
Blend or process until smooth. Add the remaining olive oil and blend a few seconds to incorporate.
Variation: Walnut pesto: Substitute walnuts for pine nuts.

Palazzo del Pricipe

by globetrott

According to my books this Palazzo del Principe ( also called Palazzo Doria Pamphili ) was one of the most beautiful villas of Genua and it once even had its own port.

But today the modern streets, the nearby railway and the cruise-port took away a big part of the park and somehow I expected much more than what I saw finally there - maybe mainly as the museums inside were closed on MONDAYS !!

Trains Training AGAIN???

by KristaB

So now I know, I have to ask the conductor for every station on my way back. And I did, and he told me that Venezia S.L. means Venezia Santa Lucia. OK. So instead at Mestre, I got off at St. Lucia. Bad conductor! No, bad lady who wrote stupid things on my ticket.
Now what? Gentili signori at the station told me I have to go to Villach (oh, no, not Villach again!) to catch the train to Ljubljana. Met a nice boy from Canada on the train, and one lovely lady from Gorizia who gave me a bottle of water. So we have to get off in Villach.
Guy from Italy who speaks no language other than Italian and wants to get to Monaco opened the door, looked out, this place where the train stopped did not look like a railway station. He opened the door on the wrong side of the train, we realized while the train was passing by the sign Villach West.
So we got off at Villach Oest. I have 3 hours, kein problem, but my fellow travelers were desperate to catch their connections.
We found someone in a uniform who advised them to take the taxi. He told me there is a train to Jesenice coming soon, don’t worry.
But I did, and I checked the itinerary, and realized that the train to Jesenice indeed goes to Jesenice - and not further to Ljubljana!
Taxi!!!

Met again with my travel-mates, Canadian asked If I have some Aspirin or something, will Paracetamol be ok? No allergies, how do you feel? He might join VT some day, I told him it’s a great travel site.

3 hours on my "favorite" station Villach West. Cold, empty, old clock clumping every minute. Staring, dreaming, hallucinating. Checked the Departures probably less than 30 times. Just in case. Finally, at 03.57 I dragged myself up on the train. I don't remember much.
Ljubljana is so beautiful at dusk.

Comments