Via San Pancrazio 9, Genoa, Italian Riviera, 16124, Italy

Columbus houseColumbus house

Opera HouseOpera House

Getting from port in Savona to Downtown Genoa

by lfiume

We're going on a cruise in 10 days and want to visit some family in Genoa. Because it's a Sunday, don't think the trains will work. do you know of buses?? appx cost of a taxi?? thanks

Re: Getting from port in Savona to Downtown Genoa

by bekerovka

Hy,
don't worry: trains often run from Savona to Genova on Sunday too. The trip is around 1 hour and it costs from 3.30€.
Timetables and fares here: http://www.ferroviedellostato.it/homepage_en.html
I've not idea about taxies but I think they'll be very expensive.
Ciao, Marco

Re: Getting from port in Savona to Downtown Genoa

by leics

Italian trains run on Sundays.

This is my preferred Trenitalia link:

There are roughly two trains per hour on Sundays (sometimes more), taking from 33 minutes, with fares from 3.30 euro.

Travel Tips for Genoa

A perfectly Italian city

by LADH

I was so impressed by Genoa, I wasn't sure what to expect and I found a perfect slice of Italian life and culture. I'd read Dickens "Pictures from Italy" (he lived in Genoa for a year in the 1850s) and some of the descriptions are still true today. The harbour is very pretty (though some of the roads nearby are pretty dodgy and can be dangerous, so don't wander round on your own at night). Make sure you go up in the "uppy downy thing" as it was described to me, that takes you for a bird's eye view over Genoa (though to be honest I'm sure not that many birds fly quite so low...).

The tourist office and pretty much all the hotels give out a map that has three different coloured routes marked on it, one is the Renaissance, one the Medieval and one the Marine route. If you get the chance, walk them all. They are stunning. Make sure you go inside as many of the old palaces as you can and climb up inside the medieval tower. There are lots of art museums, great restaurants (Genoa is the home of pesto and Ligurian flat breads). Veggies will have no trouble here, as there's loads of veggie food on offer - I even saw what looked like vegan specialities on offer. Walking the Medieval route and deviating off into tiny little alleyways and piazzas. Genoa is a great, non-scary place to get lost in and there are some wonderfully interesting little shops and markets to be discovered.

aadil & christmas...

by pollon

the pollon taxi service is already an unusal taxi service as I can easily get lost :-P... fortunately as the title of a book says: "why women cannot read maps and men don't stop to ask", I have no problem to ask for the right way... but my guest is even stranger than me: he is going to turn my taxi into a "under the Christmas tree" (I mean the place where you open presents)as aadil has really submerged me with lovely and artistical products of India... I'm saying this to thank him because by person I'm not very good in reacting to things like this...

The Pirate's ship

by globetrott

This pirate-ship is another attraction in the port of Genua. - It was used in Roman Polanski's film "Pirates" - and while it looks great in many ways and is certainly worth a visit, I doubt, it would be able to cross the atlantic...

Peace

by Applelyn

A stroll along the coast. The sea is so beautiful and till the last day of my trip, I had to go down to have a last look. Shades of crystal blue and calming green seek to soothe your mind and no words can describe it. The merger of the sea and sky draws you to seek for their meeting place. I love the beaches of Genoa

festival internazionale di poesia

by utttz about international poetry festival

The biggest poetry festival in europe is held in genoa each june. This year edition, the 11th edition, is still being "edited" so nothing is sure right now. as you like. you can find aussie VTers on the stage or indian ambassador in the audience, not difficult to spot a nobel prize reading with homeless attending, lou reed insulting a newyorker.... so... who cares about dresscode?

Comments