Soglia Hotel Genova

Via Balbi 38, Genoa, Italian Riviera, 16126, Italy

More about Genoa

churchchurch

The blue awning in backgroun is Trattoria PinoThe blue awning in backgroun is Trattoria Pino

How to get there from the cathedral (Duomo)How to get there from the cathedral (Duomo)

Genua - BoccadasseGenua - Boccadasse

Transfer from Cruise liner Port to Airport

by antonc63

What is the best way to travel from the cruise line port of Genoa to the airport please?

by yvr

A taxi would be the quickest and most efficient.

by stellamia

I would agree to the first answer. I was there at Genova port and the best you can do in your best Italian - take a taxi: In words: "Se possibile, una passeggiata all'aeroporto, per favore, grazie!

by MoeB52

Hey ,
There is a local bus that will take you from down town Genoa to the airport ...maybe there is one at the cruise dock also .
If you are looking to save a few bucks and are not in a big rush ..and do not have lots of luggage ..I would check out the bus.
Have a great trip .
Moe

Travel Tips for Genoa

Cruise boats in the harbour

by Sarita76

This was one of the boats I saw in the harbour of Genoa. They're so big that you stand still looking at them. I've also visited one of these cruise boats as they let you enter the boat as a visitor just before it sails away. A nice experience, waiting to have enough money to go on a real cruise!

Having a great time!

by sim1

Maybe not the best of pictures, hahaha, but one that I love a lot! Chiara and me both with a big smile :-) The moment this picture was taken is how I like to remember Genoa. Good food, good wine, good laughs and being with great friends! Thanks Chiara and Paolo for a great welcome to Genoa!

sailing once again

by utttz

if you want to try to sail on an America Cup boat addressto the Sail academy, they've got 3 AC class boat ready to sail. everytime you're at sea a wetsuit id suggested, but they can provide one for you.

Used to be a stockfish restaurant ... 2004

by craic about bottega del conte

... and now it is an excellent little bar.
Stockfish is some kind of salted fish. Never found out what it was like.
Paolo and Chiara took me here for a nightcap. I was just following along through all the narrow alleyways. Smelling the walls. Because a barman at the Novotel had told me you will never know Genoa until you smell the walls of the old town. And they do have a smell. A bouquet of must, ***, fish, moss, and just plain old!
I was on antibiotics so couldn't drink!!!!!!! and Chiara wasn't in the mood for the hard stuff so the barwoman made us delicious little fruity drinks with a dash of this and a slurp of that. With all the deft flair Italians seem to have when it comes to putting food or drinks together. I loved the way she broke the ice with her little hammer.
Then we took our drinks down into the ancient cellars below. I think they used to be water tanks. Anyway, they are just a bit amazing.
The next day I set off through the maze of the old town to get a photo. I was sure I would never be able to find it again. But I did. Just a clue. It is quite close to the port.
During the day a working man's bar is open close to it so you have to run the gauntlet of daytime drinkers murmering - Madonna, Madonna.
One man I recognised because I had seen him before in the Ferrari Square. He had had a heroic operation on his jaw, and had very little jaw left. Just enough so he could open his mouth and swallow a drink.

Card Museum and Bus

by utttz

if you think to visit the museums listed in my "must see" tips and some more a wise idea is to buy the Museum +bus card :
%24hours: 8 € museums only and 9 euros Bus included. take in account that a single ticket will cost you 1 € for 90 minutes.
%threedays: 12 € museums only, 15€ bus pass included.

Comments