Corallo

Satisfaction Average

More about Corallo

Hotel Corallo - La Spezia

by diver-x about Hotel Corallo - La Spezia

We landed in Milan in the morning and spent a couple of hours looking around, then headed toward the west coast with the intention of staying in Genova. Let me tell you, I can navigate the streets of Boston and manage to keep my sanity in the traffic, more or less. But the traffic in Genova was definitely testing my limits! And my husband was the one doing the driving! We spent a couple of hours inching along in Genova with no parking in sight and no easy escape out of town. We did manage to stop at one hotel and they were full up.

We finally found our way out sometime around 10:00 at night. We got on the toll road heading south and stopped off in several towns looking for a hotel room (no luck! All full!) before ending up in La Spezia shortly before midnight. The 2nd hotel we checked was Hotel Corallo and to our delight, they had a double room available for the night. Unfortunately, I neglected to get a picture of the place! It was a 2 or 3 star hotel, and our room the first night did not have a bathroom, but as long as we could sleep in a clean bed, we were thrilled. They gave us a room on the street side of the building and the traffic noise was a little loud. So the 2nd night we asked for a room on the other side of the building and that one had a private bathroom. It was much quieter!

Overall, I was happy with the place. It was clean and the staff was helpful. We paid 65 Euro for the room with no bath and 85 Euro for the room with bath. That included breakfast. They have a garage available, but we found parking on the street.

Comments