La Corte di Maggiano

Via Maggiano 27, La Spezia, Italian Riviera, 19134, Italy

Satisfaction Terrible

More about La Spezia

Riomaggiore looking west, out to seaRiomaggiore looking west, out to sea

On the foothpathOn the foothpath

A nice strollA nice stroll

A panoramic viewA panoramic view

volterra from la spezia

by nmac

how do I get to Volterra from La Spezia???

Re: volterra from la spezia

by Ina08

By train: There seem to be two viable train connections taking 2:30 to Volterra. They require a change in Cecina. See http://www.trenitalia.com/cms/v/index.jsp?vgnextoid=ad1ce14114bc9110VgnVCM10000080a3e90aRCRD

By car: Take the highway A12-E80 south direction Rome until Cecina and then exit to Volterra. 166 km, about 2 hours to drive.

By bus: There probably are busses, but as La Spezia is in a different region from Volterra (Ligura - Toscana) it is hard to figure out which busses to take. That might be easier once you are in Spezia.

Hope this answers your question.

Travel Tips for La Spezia

The naval dockyard

by matcrazy1

Walk and see many naval ships if you like it. I was afraid of taking pics there so my pic is from the net, hmm... I'm sure you can see each of naval ships in many internet pages :-).

La Spezia is a modern town which as developed since the buiding of the naval dockyard (1860-65) conceived by Cavour and planned by Domenico Chiodo.

One thing I would recommend...

by denver662

One thing I would recommend doing if staying in the Cinque Terre area would be to spend a day just doing nothing. Just enjoying the experience of being in a small coastal town. It might be more authentic if you visit during the off season like I did so you can avoid the large number of tourists that I've heard converge on this area during the summer. The best part of my stay in Vernazza was watching the sun set on my first night there. After riding the train for most of the day it was a great way to end the day by seeing a beautiful sunset.

Packing List

by chrissyalex

comfortable shoes , swimsuit and towel to go swimming at Monterrosso dramamine if u get seasickness easily and you are going to take a boat Bring lots of film!!! Very beautiful, the pics do not do it justice

Definitely make time to see...

by denver662

Definitely make time to see each of the towns that make up Cinque Terre.
Each town has it's own quaint little qualities that make each town unique. I only visited Monteserro and most of the town was closed but were getting ready for the tourist season.

My Cinque Terre Adventure

by denver662

I think that, like most people, I'm using La Spezia to talk about my visit to Cinque Terre. Though, I did spend a short time in La Spezia waiting for a train but that was it. Unfortunately, I was only there for a brief 2 nights but it was an awesome time. I stayed in Vernazza and visited Monterosso for half a day. I definitely plan to go back and visit the other towns.

Comments