Alla Porta Rossa

via Aldo Rollandi, 246, Manarola, Cinque Terre, 19010, Italy

• flytheworld's Profile Photo

Best Hotel in Manarola

Alla Porta Rossa is a great hotel in Manarola. Rooms are nice and spacious, and each one has a kitchen and a balcony with great views.

Unique Quality: Great views, nice terraces, friendly staff

• rstary's Profile Photo

Quaint hotel

Clean modern rooms. Fairly small but typical of the area. We very much enjoyed our stay.

Unique Quality: The balcony overlooks a piazza where the locals get together to knit, crochet and play cards. Can also see the water from the balcony.

Directions: Immediately up the hill from the tunnel as you enter town from the train station.

More about Alla Porta Rossa

Views Unparalled

My husband and I stayed in the apartment "Blu Mare" in late May/early June. It was a fantastic experience, and the terrace offered a view of the village and sea that was breath-taking. It was a perfect place from which to explore the entire Cinque Terre. The apartment was clean and pleasantly appointed, and we particularly enjoyed preparing our meals using the fresh vegetables purchased at the various markets. Barbara Bardoni and her husband of the Alla Porta Rosa office were very nice and welcoming. It was a relaxing and very enjoyable week, and I would readily revisit this beautiful area. I would, without reservation, recommend "Blu Mar" to others.

Make it Clear

I just got back from Manarola, Cinque Terre. My friend and I rented an apartment with 2 bedrooms.... My friend got there first, and she explained to me that one of the rooms were locked. After settling in the unlocked room of the apartment, we went to the managing office to make sure they unlocked the other room.... We were told since there was only two of us, that there was no need to open the other room... We paid in cash the full amount for an "apartment". I had to explain to them that we rented an "APARTMENT" not a hotel room. After an unpleasant confrontation from the managing person, the room was finally unlocked. It took about one day, which is a valuable time for us, since we were renting the place for 7 days.... This was very unpleasant, and wasted our time.... We decided that next time, we will not be renting from this management. Be aware, and make it clear to the management that you are renting an apartment not a hotel room.

Website doesn't match reality

We booked 'Nel Mare' for one week but left after one night.

The bathroom was only accessible from the bedroom via an outside stairs with no automatic lighting and no handrail. Extremely dangerous (in our opinion) in the dark and the rain. Unsuitable for older people.

The apartment itself was nice, but the bedroom was tiny - the bed (not good quality) just fitting into the room with a foot to spare on either side.

When we raised the issue of the location of the bathroom with the management, she said that this had never been raised before by any guest and assured us that she would mention it on the web site. This information has not been posted to date (5 weeks later).

The management requested that the full weeks cost (€890 including cleaning but excluding electricity) would be paid in cash on arrival. By chance we did not have this cash that night.

Next morning when we said that we were leaving, when we looked for our passports back, she initially refused to hand them over until we paid our deposit (30% of the full week's cost) in cash.

In summary, the product advertised on the website did not fit with the reality and we will not be booking accomodation again where cash is required up-front.

Alla Porta Rossa - More than a dream!

I couldn't say enough about the hospitality and care in which Barbara, Fabrizio, Laudina and Orfeo made us feel. They could not have been better!! Creme Caramel is a quaint studio aparment overlooking the ligurian riviera and the sunsets are to die for. We were there in november and truly lucked out with the weather and the beautiful people of Cinque Terre. I will forever be a true advocate of their beautiful rooms. Everything was perfectly clean and organized, and they were extremely helpful and caring.

Thank you for making our trip simply divine!

Meditteranean Bliss

by TripAdvisor Member francis74

We stayed at Alla Porta Rossa for 4 days this summer and could not have been more pleased. Our room had a spectacular view of the ocean. The staff was very professional and the accomodations were clean. The B&B is just a short walk to town (and some excellent restaurants). We highly recommend All Porta Rossa.

Bellissimo

by TripAdvisor Member emeril

We stayed in the Scaglie di Mare, a property of Alla porta rossa, in Manarola, Italy in September. It was clean & comfortable and the owners very helpful and welcoming. It had a beautiful view. You may reserve it with a credit card but have to pay in cash when you arrive. The cinque terre is a great place and the walks beautiful.

A northern Italy delight!

I stayed at Alla Porta Rossa's "Crem Caramel" two years ago; I could not return soon enough! This time, I brought my wife (who I married last year), and it was even better the second time. Truly, how may I impress upon you the splendor of this room's location?! The two balconies afford views of the cliffs cascading down to the sea to the east and to the west. The train courses under the town of Manarola. The local restaurants and eateries serve up local fare, fresh and delicious. The steep incline and steps to "Crem Caramel" wind through an ancient fishing village filled with delightful locals. I can go on and on. But what sets this location apart is the management. These kind people that I came to know two years ago will treat you with respect, courtesy, and will help make your stay in northern Italy a delight. It was they that invited my wife and I back for a week's stay during the first week of November. So, I guess it is they who deserve partial credit for our soon-to-be first child--arrival date is the first week of August (you do the math)!

Delightful!

This apartment is very spacious and clean, with a quaint and homely feel, and a huge terrace for enjoying the sunset. It has a great location, right near the harbour and restaurants.

We loved Manarola - particularly the live music and tasty food at the relaxed little bar opposite our apartment! Perfect hideaway if it happens to rain. Once the busloads of walkers disappear, it feels like you have the whole seaside town to yourself! Lovely.

Comments