Via Birolli No 120, Manarola, Cinque Terre, 19010, Italy

• sirgaw's Profile Photo

The steps are the killers - LOL

There are only 2 hotels in Manarola and we're glad we selected Marina Piccola - on the edge of the boat harbour, friendly staff, great breakfast included in price, reasonable room.

The hotel is small - only 11 rooms and cover 5 floors, so you'd better be fit if your room is on one of the top floors. We stayed on the fourth floor and it was 50 steps to our room - not good after a few wines - LOL

OK that was the down side of the room, the up side was the great world heritage view from our window as photographed.

More about Hotel Marina Piccola

Great Seafood and Amazing Views

by flytheworld about Marina Piccola

Marina Piccola is a great seafood restaurant in Manarola. The pastas are wonderful as well. There is a beautiful outdoor seating area right on the sea. Squid ink pasta with shrimp.

Boat service for Grotta...

by toltek

Boat service for Grotta Azzurra and excursion around the island for visiting Grotta Bianca, Arco Naturale, Faraglioni rocks and the bay of Marina Piccola
Gruppo Motoscafisti;
P. le Marina Grande, 282;
80073 Capri (Napoli);
Tel. +39 081 8377114

Our Favorite Restaurant

by meckelly about Marina Piccola

This restaurant was absolutely wonderful. My husband and I ended up having 4 meals there in 4 days. The Penne Agli Scampi is not to be missed!!! If you want to sit outside it is wise to make a reservation, but sitting inside is nearly as nice. The service is wonderful, and the meal is your entertainment for the night, so sit back, relax, and enjoy yourself. The evening can get expensive if you each have your own primi and secondi, but the owner did not seem offended when we would share one of the courses. Without a doubt our favorite dish was the Penne Agli Scampi. It is a cream sauce on penne with a hint of Curry. This was our favorite dish anywhere. I am waiting for our 25th anniversary, when hopefully the restaurant and dish will still be there.

Arco Naturale

by iandsmith

I couldn't get enough of walking on Capri. It mattered little where I chose to stride, my expectations were always exceeded. The second morning I chose the Arco Naturale as my goal. It seemed hardly any time at all before I was there.
The initial foray through the alleys of Capri were special enough, twisting this way and that with tantalizing glimpses here and there of things to come.
An old man resting pointed me in the right direction and soon I was there, the massive cleft in the rocks that was once a cave. This rock had a significant impact on me. I hadn't discovered in my research that it even existed. Faraglioni, Blue Grotto and Anacapri were the things to do yet here I found the most spectacular formation on Capri, followed closely by the massive cave above Marina Piccola.
Just getting there was a bit special, the route meandering through the eastern alleys out of Capri, passing by restaurants and expensive villas (the only kind on Capri) before breaking free at Arco Naturale and then rapidly descending (pic 3) on Via Matromania to a different type of scenery.
I returned to our accommodation to pick Rosemarie up and we then proceeded to do the whole walk together.

Looking back from Marina PiccolaLooking back from Marina Piccola

lodging in Cinque Terre - is a 1st floor room too loud?

by amy312

We have the option of a 1st-floor sea view room at the Marina Piccola or an upper (but no sea view) room at Ca d'Andrean for our visit in May. Both are in Manarola in Cinque Terre. Which would you recommend? I lean towards Marina Piccola, but am concerned that a 1st-floor room is too loud. Also, has anyone seen the annex? I don't know if it's in the annex, but just in case, I want to know that it's nice, too.

Oh, and another question: does 1st floor in Italy mean ground floor (like in the US) or one floor up from the ground floor (which we call the 2nd floor in the US?)

Thank you!!!

Re: lodging in Cinque Terre - is a 1st floor room too loud?

by Lacristina

Ciao! Can't say for sure about the noise, but Manarola is one of the quieter of the Cinque Terre towns. And 1st floor means the first floor above ground...so the equivalent of the second floor in the US.

Cristina