Value Score No Data
Good For Families
Side street, must be quiet
This is a picture of an hotel which I stumbled when strolling around. Maybe it could be useful to those who are planning to stay in Monterosso.
Great choice in Monterosso
Hotel Marina is a great choice in Monterosso for the following 3 reasons:
1.) Location: it is situated in the middle of the historic part of Monterosso with all places of interest close by: beach, restaurants and shops are just a few minutes away and the train station is within easy walking distance.
2.) Comfort & Atmosphere of Hotel: The rooms are very comfortable, not too small, clean, nicely decorated and have all you need to enjoy your stay - you even get towels you can use for the beach. The whole hotel is decorated with objects linked to the sea - mainly in blue and white, which makes it a lovely place.
3.) People: The people working at the hotel are all great and very happy to help with small favors such as advice on where to go (beaches, restaurants, excursions…), printing of train timetables and much more.
Breakfast was OK although there was not the widest choice we'd ever had at a hotel. A lunch buffet is also included, you can help yourself almost all afternoon with small portions of pasta, fish or meat, side dishes, salad, vegetables, fruit and drinks - all excellent. However, note that the lunch buffet is included in the room price so if you plan 1 day trips and stay at the hotel only at nights and for breakfast you pay for something you don't make use of.
Even in good hotels not everything is perfect. We were disappointed about 2 things:
- The "Lemon Terrace" is a nice place but it's not well-kept. On the upper part there are sunbeds, tables and chairs and there is a very nice view; this could be a perfect place to stay for relax but they don't clean it and it looks quite abandoned. Only the part of the terrace where you have breakfast is nice.
- We had a triple room with a double bed and an additional bed and the additional bed was very small and of poor quality. This triple room might be suitable for couples with a child but for 3 adults it's far from great.
However, points 1-3 are so great that they overweigh these disappointments and I would definitively come back to Hotel Marina (at least for a double room).
Unique Quality: Very lovely hotel at great location with great people
Popular Hotels in Monterosso al Mare
Via Roma 109, Monterosso al Mare
Via Buranco 40, Monterosso al Mare
Via Lungomare Fegina, 98, Monterosso al Mare
Via Molinelli, 35, Monterosso al Mare
Explore the World
- Paramount, An Ian Schrager Hotel
- Best Western Hotel La Corona Manila
- Comfort Hotel Abbot Barcelona
- Catalonia Duques De Bergara
- Secrets Wild Orchid Montego Bay
- Bally's Las Vegas
- Graha Santika Hotel
- Chokhi Dhani Resort
- Comfort Inn Clifton Hill Niagara Falls
- Crowne Plaza Hotel Reading
- Siesta Motor Inn
- Hamilton Hotel (35270 Woodward Avenue.)
- Grand Pasa Hotel
- Green Plaza Shinjuku Capsule Hotel