3.5 out of 5 stars3.5 Stars

Similarly priced and rated as other 3.5 star hotels

More about Hotel Margherita

Great Stay

by TripAdvisor Member TravellerPlus2006

Hotel Margherita, Montorosso, Cinque Terre, Italy.
Stay 4-6 December 2006.

Arrived at Monterosso and visited the information centre. They gave a list of possible accommodation options. Chose Hotel Margherita because of it's location in the centre of the village. Appearance was in keeping with the village but when you walked in the door it took a step up. Decor was upmarket, modern, new. Reception as you walk in. Friendly. Met by owner. Able to meet our requirements. Priced reasonably.

Rooms are spacious and modern. Very clean. Comfortable bed.

Dining room decked out well. Breakfast, included in room rate, was continental but with rolls ham & cheese was more than enough to set the day up right. Hot coffee. Cooked breakfast was available.

We were only planning 2 days but stayed an extra day because the service and location was excellent.

This was a great place and we would recommend highly.

A Tight Ship!

by TripAdvisor Member brennalina

Hotel Margherita is a clean and modern hotel in the wonderful town of Monterosso. Spacious common area with couches, TV, and bar. Rooms are large by Italian standards with gauzy white curtains and minimalist modern interiors. Good water pressure and temp in showers. My room had wrap around balcony. Minibar with reasonable prices. Staff was courteous and helpful. Quiet setting. Would definitely stay there again.

Clean, modern and ideally located

by TripAdvisor Member xsensible

We arrived in Monterosso taking a chance of finding accomodation, and got very lucky with Hotel Margherita. The hotel is wonderfully clean, modern and the breakfast is great. We thought it was good value in comparision to the quality of other accomodation which we paid the same rate for and were disappointed. The hotel has a great location for transferring luggage from where you leave the car before entering the village. And in my opinion - Monterosso is the nicest village on the Cinque Terra. We would definitely stay there again.

Delightful hotel in pleasant town - tough to beat!

by TripAdvisor Member Details-R-Us

Three friends and I spent two nights in this very clean and modern hotel in mid April. Of all properties we used on our trip (Milan, Genoa, Santa Margherita Ligure, Florence), this was the nicest. Everything in the hotel was clean, bright and well-styled. All was pleasant at this property, including the staff. Very comfortable beds and room. My shower was a reasonable size -- the only one big enough for me in all of our hotels.

Monterosso was a good home base for seeing the Cinque Terre because it has a good ratio of charm to needed amenities. If I did it again, though, I would stay in Santa Margherita Ligure because it has an even better mix of things to do and see, and is really no less convenient to the CT for the day hikes. Its access to Portofino adds another easy spot to explore, too.

It would be difficult to find fault with the Hotel Margherita. They have executed a nice design and all you need and want in a hotel. We saw plenty of the water on our trip and did not feel we missed it by being in town at this hotel. They provided everything we wanted and needed, without fuss. The staff were helpful and friendly. No worries
with this accommodation and much to recommend it.

The trek from the train station to the hotel is very easy without bags, and not bad with bags (no elevation changes). This is a very small town. Don't expect to find a taxi at the train station. We got one from the hotel to the train station when we left (front desk called one) to save time and to avoid starting the day with a glow. Dealing with bags and walks from the train stations in all the other CT towns would be much more difficult than it was here. But since you
are going to the CT, you are healthy and hearty, right?

Breathtaking Views of the Cinque Terre Region

by TripAdvisor Member LUCKYMELBOURNE

Recently myself and a friend at the Hotel Margherita in Monterosso during March 2007and found this hotel to be in an excellant location. The rooms are very clean and have modern amenities. Room is cleaned daily and hotel itself is very clean. The Breakfast room is very bright and inviting with a great selection of breakfast to choose from, including gluten free choices. They also have a great Coffee Machine, which you help yourself to, The staff are very friendly and accommodating. We found a groovy Cafe Shop called Bar Davi where if you just want to go to a have a great coffee or quick bite to eat is very close proxmity to this hotel. We also found a nice and inexpensive restaurnt called Al Carugio Restaurant, beautiful food. Monterosso itself is beautiful and people there are nice and very friendly. We did the five day Cinque Terre Walking pass and that itself is amazing, lots of walking and beautiful villages to visit. Every day, we went and took the local train from Monterosso and visited as many places as we could. .We even took the train to visit, Santa Marghartia, Portofino La Spezia and Portovenere. Although, this hotel is rated as a Three Star, I would certainly give it a Four Star Plus!!!. If I had known earlier, how beautiful this part of Italy is, I would have stayed a bit longer!!! Another time, another adventure. La Bella Italia!

Highly recommended. Well organised, clean, and comfy in a top spot.

by TripAdvisor Member OzGeno

The older guy who runs the show speaks very good English (as well as a few other languages it would seem) and let us check-in early. Half of the other staff spoke English with various levels of fluency.

The rooms are excellent. Very new and clean. A lot of white marble and walls with "Starbuck" brown as the contrast colour.
Breakfast is very good.

We had a great time at Cinque Terra. La Spezia also worth a visit if you have time. Excellent museum there (Amedeo Lia) for those interested in various artifacts from Roman times on. Some brilliant paintings there as well. Cost a cuppla Euros - bargain.

Only very minor gripe is some noise can carry due to furnishings but this was not a problem for us.

We paid 150EU per night for a Junior suite (couple with 6 year old kid). Their website is a bit lame but does the job - just.

Nice clean hotel

by TripAdvisor Member JenM72

Stayed here for 4 nights over Easter. Room are very nice and new looking. Bed was firm, but very comfortable, bathroom was also very nice. Staff were also friendly.

Hotel is located in the main town area (about a 7 minute walk from the station), but right on the street with all the restaurants etc.

This hotel is somewhat expensive, but then again, most are in this area, but if you can afford the rates, then this was a nice place to stay.

My only downside was that my room was located next to the room where the cleaners store their stuff, so around 7:30 to 8am you will be woken up by then. However they are not that noisy, just simply you hear them since it is next to your room.

What a find!

by TripAdvisor Member aliCapeTown

What a find in the Cinque Terre! Even without sea views it was 100% the best choice. We booked 3 rooms all of which were clean and modern which for this area is a real find. We had a wrap-around balcony which was great for people watching. Shower maybe slightly on small side but not a problem for us. Breakfasts were excellant and hotel owner is very helpful

Perfect place to stay for family with two young boys (8 & 11)

by TripAdvisor Member Azfamilyjakarta

Australian family of 4. Found this hotel searching the web. Paid 160 euros a night. breakfast was nice. Stayed there 31st March to 2nd April. Accomodation suited us perfectly with a king bed and a double sofa bed plenty big enough for our two boys. No ocean view but stone's through to the beach. Imagine it would be heaving in summer. The owner was very accomodating and his advice on trekking the 5 villages with the kids was perfect. The trek was fun and the kids managed it just fine. Stopped at Vernazza for a nice lunch. All the villages worth a look-see. Very quaint. Would be better if travelling with kids to break the treks up and do it over a few days so you can really enjoy them all.
Definitely reccomend this hotel and this lovely village.

Would stay here again.

by TripAdvisor Member TravelWise78

This was a nice hotel. Clean, simple, good location, nice staff. It was not a charming European Hotel, but instead very modern, which can be a refreshing change when staying in Europe. The room was small and bathroom even smaller. The bathroom was uncomfortable small, actually. However, the room was clean.

The service was good, but don't stay there if you have wrinkled clothing. They would not give me an iron to use because of safety reasons. Normally when I encounter this in Europe I let them know I will return it immediately so they can be assured that it is not left on in the room. This did not work, and they would not iron or take my clothes to be ironed even for a fee. So this part of the service was less than desirable, but I made due with wrinkled clothing.

The breakfast was adequate, but not great. It was fine though.

The location was perfect. Although it is not near the sea, it is a very short walk to the sea. There are many many restaurants within a two minute walk nearby, which was fantastic after long days of hiking.

Overall, I liked this hotel. I would stay here again!

Window with flower pot, MonterossoWindow with flower pot, Monterosso

Inside San Giovanni BatistoInside San Giovanni Batisto

fegina rock at nightfegina rock at night

Caruggio - http://www.lecinqueterre.orgCaruggio - http://www.lecinqueterre.org

Taxis to Hotel

by deirdresmith

Would there be taxis available at the station to take us to our Hotel which is Hotel Margherita or does anyone know if you can walk with bags on wheels, we are in the older age bracket a cab would be great.

Re: Taxis to Hotel

by GHIRO

HI,
I don't know the hotel and the streets situation in Monterosso, but looking on www.viamichelin.com it seems to be about 1 km from the station (if is the one located in via roma, 72), maybe a taxi is recomended.
bye
roberta

Re: Taxis to Hotel

by globetrott

I think this is a question that your hotel should be able to answer. From what I remember,the streets in Monterosso are asphalted, no cobbled stones,but of course I dont know that hotel ! the way could also be a bit of up and down...

Comments