I was wondering if anyone would have some possible suggestions as to hotels in Cinque Terre? Good location, clean and not overly pricey are the most important considerations. This is for a September trip 2009. I am very open to suggestions. Thank you......Jim
I have not stayed in the Cinque Terre, but have stayed often in Italy and elsewhere.
I do suggest you look at www.venere.com which is a reliable site used by many VT-ers, and which will list most/all of the hotels in the area. www.booking.com is also a good site. Both sites have honest guest reviews. I have booked through them on many occasions and been perfectly satisfied.
I was quite happy with this little hotel in Manarola. Here is a link to my tip
Seems to meet all of your requirements
I found the following in Monterosso from Rick Steeve travel guide:
1. Hotel Villa Steno (www.pasini.com, firstname.lastname@example.org)
2. Albergo Pasquale (same as above) run by same owner
3. Locanda Maestrale (www.locandamaestrale.net, email@example.com)
4. Albergo Marina (www.hotelmarina5terre.com, firstname.lastname@example.org)
5. Hotel La Colonnina (www.jacolonninacinqueterre.it, email@example.com
6. Hotel Souvenir (cash only)(www.souvenirhotel.eu, firstname.lastname@example.org
7.Albergeo al Carugio (email@example.com)
8. Pensione Agavi (firstname.lastname@example.org)
9. Villa Accini
All hotels seem to be expensive in Cinque Terre so, be prepared to pay over $100.00 per night.
Hotels are expensive in CT, but you could save some money with a B&B or room for rent. Some are really nice, less expensive than hotels and you can try some fish restaurants instead of staying on a half board.
Many thanks for all of your suggestions. You've been very helpful in giving me some direction on this one.
If I can return the favour, by all means, I'm here.
Via Roma 109, Monterosso al Mare
Via Buranco 40, Monterosso al Mare
Via Lungomare Fegina, 98, Monterosso al Mare
Via Molinelli, 35, Monterosso al Mare
Latest Monterosso al Mare hotel reviews