Hotel Villa Steno

See Amenities
Gabrielson214's Profile Photo

Hospitality, Perfected

by written on July 30, 2012

My mother and I stayed here for 1 night on our way to Florence from the French Riviera, and I wish we had been able to stay a month. The hotel is gorgeous, comfortable, clean, and in a beautiful location. The breakfast is yummy and the terrace is the best view of the Mediterranean I've ever seen.
But, what really struck us were the owners, Matteo and his wife Carla. They went above and beyond their jobs half a dozen times for us, when we had an unfortunate car issue and ended up arriving in Monterosso after midnight. Matteo waited up, met us at the bottom of the hill with his car and helped us to our rooms before we collapsed. In the morning, they did everything they could to make sure we were happy and comfortable- and we were completely pleased. They even argued with an italian taxi driver on the phone for us- AND convinced him to come! If that isn't service, I don't know what is! I recommend this place to everyone I know and plan to return as soon as I can!

Unique Quality: The view is to-die-for, and Monterosso itself is charming. But the people are what really make this place special

Great host and hostess! Comfortable and clean.

by written on October 10, 2010

Killer views, fabulous terraces, wonderful homemade pastries with breakfast... I can go on and on. There were three of us traveling, my wife and I and our 25 yr old daughter. We were lucky to get their last room due to a cancellation. Turned out this was the best place we stayed in our two week tour of Italy. The hotel is very clean and comfortable and that is important, but it’s really the owner and staff who put it over the top for us. Matteo and Carla, the owners, were very friendly and even helped direct us to wonder sites to see in Tuscany. We can't wait to go back.

Unique Quality: Awesome breakfast. Great views from the terraces in our room. yes terraces... we had two!

TANjarin's Profile Photo

Our Hotel - Highly Recommended

by written on May 27, 2004

Villa Steno is a family run Hotel, located in the heart of Monterosso, with 16 rooms. It is surrounded by lemon groves and olive trees. While staying there, you will enjoy the serenity of its quiet location and the enchanting colors of the Mediterranean landscape with great views from your own private balcony. I highly recommend an upper level room with a sea view, before booking.

Unique Quality: "Hotel Villa Steno has a quiet location in the heart of the old town on a hill overlooking the town and the sea. Every room has a private shower, toilet, hairdryer, telephone, color satellite TV (with CNN), in-room safe and air conditioning. The Hotel has also a tiny parking lot free of charge for guests' use only. The buffet breakfast is served in the lobby or on the lobby's panoramic balcony with a wonderful view ." - www.villasteno.com

guell's Profile Photo

A nice, clean place in Cinque Terre

by written on December 30, 2002

The hotel is perfectly situated on the hill overlooking the town. We however ended up with the only room without a view!

As we arrived, the hostess greeted us, and we were given a package containing all the important information regarding the trails, the train schedule and the Cinque Terre area.

Unique Quality: During our stay, the hotel was clean, and it had a computer with Internet connection. The room had a private shower, toilet, hairdryer, telephone with a direct outside line, color Sat. TV and air conditioning. The breakfast, which was included, was better than average. Book as well in advance as possible.

Nearby Hotel Villa Steno

2 Photos of Hotel Villa Steno

Amenities at Hotel Villa Steno

• Free Parking

Monterosso al Mare Travel Forum

Need advice about Monterosso al Mare, Italy? Visit the Travel Forum for Monterosso al Mare and ask our Answer Gurus.

Latest Monterosso al Mare hotel reviews

Capuchin Monastery
Monterosso Vecchio
Piazza Garibaldi
Things to Do
"As I am now, so shall you be"
The rocks are rocking
The old town beach
Fegina beach resort
Pae Vecciu
Things to Do
Strolling around - exploring the streets
Torre Aurora
Favorites
CT by sea
Clever disguises
Local Customs
Frutti di mare in riva al mare
Oratory of Santa Croce
Trains
Take a Hike
Train between the Cinque Terre Villages
Transportation
Dining with a great view
Restaurants
The Beach.....complete with pebbles...
Torre Aurora