If staying in Santa Margherita then its best to be placed in a hotel with its own private beach. The local public beach is okay but you do not have the extra benefits which is obtained by a private beach.
here is a list of hotels with private beaches from expensive to moderate prices.
1. Imperial Hotel - Santa Margherita ( gorgeous beach and pool)
2. Hotel Splendido - Portofino (great swimming pool)
3. Grand Miramare - Santa Margherita (plus fab pool)
4. Hotel Metropole - fab beach/ pool and location.
5. Hotel Elena - Santa Margherita (terrific beach)
6. Hotel Paraggi - Portofino (ditto)
7. Piccolo Hotel - Portofino (ditto)
To me if your budget allows luxury, then go for the best in Santa Margherita or Portofino. There are some absolutely divine hotels within this region.
1. Imperial Palace
2. Hotel Splendido
3. Grand Miramare
4. (totally forgotten name; its positioned half way between Portofino and Santa Margherita.
5. Hotel Metropole
(i'll get back....when I find it..)
Luxury at its best.
There are numerous budget to moderate hotels within the region. The best I know of are.
1. Fasce. 2 star
2. Hotel Jolanda. 3 star.
Sort by: Most recent | Most helpful
Latest Santa Margherita Ligure hotel reviews