Savona Hotels

• Elainehead profile photo Elainehead
  • Reviews: 555

4 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Idea Hotel Plus Savona: Modern 4-star hotel near highway

This 4-star hotel is near the highway, so it's a great place for one stop. I've chosen this hotel because I've already stay on another one from the same chain in Bologna and they had free parking. Of course, the price was also important. Last-minute booking, so it was hard to find anything cheap at the time...

The hotel was easy to find. It's surrounded by a supermarket and a few shops. It's in an industrial area, so not very central but it's near the highway.

The check-in was fast despite the arrival of a Chinese group a few minutes before. As our room was on the third floor, we took the stairs instead (elevators were busy with the group). Our room was very modern and big to European standard. It was equipped with a safe, mini-bar and AC. The only problem we encountered was with the shower door which was broken, therefore it wouldn't close properly. Since it was a minor problem, we didn't bother to complain.

The breakfast was included and it was great. It had many choices including hot dishes such as scrambled eggs and bacon. The breakfast room staff was slow (or understaffed), so tables were still dirty and there were things missing or not replaced (it was around 8 AM).

We had dinner at their restaurant that night and when we arrived there, there wasn't anyone in sight. We almost left. We ordered the day's meat special (pasta and then some kind of cooked meat). We got complimentary "spumante" (sparkly wine) while we waited for our dishes. The pasta was very good and we were almost regretting ordering a second dish... The second dish was meat with potatoes. The meat wasn't that bad, but the potatoes were almost uncooked... I wish I only had the pasta...

I would definitely come back to this hotel, but only if I get a good rate. Almost forgot to mention that wi-fi isn't free...it costs 7€ (24 hours)....

Modern, clean, free parking, near highway

• Opinion of Price: about average
  • Related to: Business Travel, Road Trip
  • Written July 15, 2013

• Blatherwick profile photo Blatherwick
  • Reviews: 1168

5 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Ostello di Priamar: Stay in a 15th Century Castle

Simply amazing. You get to stay in a 15th century castle. The rooms are large and have attached bathrooms. The keys are funky too as they are the old style keys with big heads.

Dinner was included with the deal. It turned out to be a huge four course pasta meal that my brother and I couldn't finish even though we were starved. The staff was so friendly and encouraged us to, "mange, mange, mange."

I don't know what it is like now, but it was worth it just to stay in this place for one night.

15th Century Castle