Relais San Rocco

Street scene in Sestri LevanteStreet scene in Sestri Levante

Saint Maria of Nazareth churchSaint Maria of Nazareth church

Parking in Setri Levante

by nathalie1979

Hi, we are planning a few days in Sestri Levante. We will come by car and I was wondering if there is a few parkings in SL ? and what are the prices

Thanks !

PS. what about the beach in SL, how much costs the long chairs ?

Re: Parking in Setri Levante

by mccalpin

will show you the parking lots in Sestri Levante.

Note that many of these lots are intended to be short term lots - I saw on a city website that the lots that in many cases here are marked "a pagamento" (paid parking) are something like 1.50 euro per hour, which will start to add up for all day.

Do I understand that you are staying in the area? In that case, I would suggest that you contact the place you are intending to stay and ask them for a good, long term lot.

Also, Sestri Levante also has ZTLs (limited traffic zones) and limited parking zones (i.e., only for residents, as well as pedestrian-only streets. I would encourage you to ask to soon-to-be host about the safest way to drive their location as well...this is described at
but only in Italian.

Bill

Travel Tips for Sestri Levante

My personal guide

by Helga67

During my short trip to the Ligurian East Coast to meet up with Chiara, we also paid a small visit to this lovely coastal town.

Chiara was our perfect guide, who showed us the most lovely spots of Sestri Levante in only two hours time.

Thanks a lot Chiara for your time and company. Without you I would have never been to this wonderful town.

Baia del Silenzio

by dabuwan

Baia del Silenzio is the the smallest of the two bays on the Peninsula sides.
It is a cosy place with a very nice beach that can get really crowded in summer. It is a favourite spot for the locals and it is pleasantly warm all year round, as it is sheltered by the old houses and the hills. The sea is always calm, here, and it is ideal for swimmings (OK for kids, too).
It is a very scenic and picturesque spot.

The leudo

by dabuwan

"Leudo" is the name of a kind of boat typical of Sestri Levante and the surrounding areas.
It is a large wooden boat that was used until 40 years ago by the local fishermen.
Until a few years ago some leudi were still sailing around (for tourism) but now the only one that is left (it's expensibe to maintain them) is here on the beach and is still in good condition. I love this boat as it is a true symbol of my birth place.

Sestri Levante at the Ligurian Coast

by Helga67

This was a town, I didn't want to miss when visiting the Ligurian East Coast. Reading about it on the internet, the town fascinated me because of its special shape. It is divided by a
a narrow strip of land and has a bay on each side.

I enjoyed every minute of my two hours stay here, and love to come back one day.

Surprise VT meeting!

by piccolina

"WHY A GLASS OF WINE IS ALWAYS CLOSE TO ME?"

It....was a surprise meeting cause we knew about just only 24 hours before it, while i was coming back from Czech Republic!......To go...not to go......to go.....not to go.....YES!!!!!!...we go!
The group....from left: polpino,jenn_d, Jenn75, pollon, jeffreydp, me, utttz and Suzanne_M...Where is Johnny_CA ????...oh...he is taking the pic!

...Chiara.........your dish looks so niceeeeeeeee......

...Chiara is talking?...Do you are planning a new VT meeting?

Wow!...what a big calzone!

....nice to met you all! Until the next time........:-)))

Comments