Hotel Bellagio

Expedia.com Hotels.com Booking.com

More about Hotel Bellagio

waterfront terrace dining.

by Openseas about Hotel Bellagio

This is little terrace restaurant overlooking stunning Lake Como is well worth your effort to try.
Its situated in Hotel Metropole which is perched on the waterfront. An excellent lunch time spot to enjoy a light meal and a glass of vino. Pasta

Excellent value, charming hotel

by TripAdvisor Member MNBuffalo

We thoroughly enjoyed our stay at the Hotel Bellagio; we were extremely pleased to have such a nice, comfortable room for such a reasonable price, compared to many of the other hotels in the area. Perhaps the only negative was that our room not only faced away from the lake view, but in fact was located only feet from a chimney of a pizzeria next door (southwest corner of the hotel), so for a few hours each day we had to shut the windows unless we wanted smoke to fill the room. Otherwise, the rooms are very modern, comfortable and clean. We spent a previous night down in Cernobbio for over twice the cost for a smaller and dirtier room, so we were very happy with the Hotel Bellagio. The hotel staff was very helpful and friendly, and all spoke English.

Nice Place to Stay in Bellagio

by TripAdvisor Member Misbee22

My husband and I stayed at Hotel Bellagio early this July and loved it. The rooms were comfortable (yet small.....but everything in Italy is like that) and clean and the views were absolutely breathtaking. You must request a lakeview room....we had room 301 which looked out over the lake. The service was also very good. Several employees gave us restaurant recommendations and travel tips. (You must go to Antico Pozzo for dinner or lunch). I can't really say there were any negatives at all. For the price, it was well worth it.

Great Hotel

by TripAdvisor Member Maddison Clare

Recently stayed at the Hotel Bellagio for three nights. The Hotel is right in the Centre of Bellagio with the entry up a set of approx 30 steps. The rooms are very modern with cable TV . Bathrooms are large , modern with lots of hot running water and extremely clean. We had a room on a higher floor with magnificent views over the Lake.
Front desk staff were polite but we had to ask a few times when we wanted extra pillow, toilet paper. The breakfast is simple but good with cereals, bread, yoghurt , juice etc. On the morning we were leaving the breakfast room was not open yet but breakfast staff made us a coffee and croissant which was great. Overall this is a great hotel and I would definately recommend it and would stay again.

Great hotel!

by TripAdvisor Member bdunf

Just got back from five nights at Hotel Bellagio and it did not disappoint. We had a fabulous room on the top floor with two huge windows facing the lake. The rooms are clean and very comfortable. The bathrooms are newly refurbished and very clean. Our son stayed in a rear corner room, also on the top floor, and it was fantastic too. Huge windows and lots of light.

The location is perfect because it is in the midst of the shops and restaurants. It is elevated from the noise of the main street level and this allows for the fabulous views. It is a hike up the steps with your luggage but doable and worth it.

The breakfast room is clean and comfortable and open till 11:00, the food is fresh and ample. In the warm weather a charming outdoor area is available with lake views. Much better than having to find a restaurant in the town. The gym is mini but there if you need it.

Bellagio is a magical place with incredible scenery, fabulous restaurants, good shopping and beautiful sights to see - especially the villa gardens. The ferries are very convenient and reasonably priced.

It was a fantastic vacation.

value for money

by TripAdvisor Member eve0317

the hotel is situated just 3 mins walk from the car ferry port or opposite from the rapid service. we booked into a room without lake view, but the facilities is clean and perfect
Sky TV is available, which for many, is good anyway.
Breakfast included name your own coffee (cappuccino, caffe latte etc) croissants and cereals
value for money and highly recommended

Absolutelly delightfull

by TripAdvisor Member 1234myfntc

Let me talk for 2 seconds about the negative..I had to climb 38 steps with my luggage to get to the hotel. After that it was absolute bliss. The hotel is gorgeous, my room did not face the lake directly but had a great view of the hills and part of the lake. Immaculate hotel with a very gracious and helpfull staff. The whole town is within walking distance and the ferry is less that 150 feet away. The hotel even graciously helped me rent a car for the day which added that much more to my enjoyment. I met a lady who I believe either runs or owns the hotel, and she personified European graciousness. I was on a month holiday through 6 European cities and this hotel was one of the best. I hope to return soon.

Great place to stay

by TripAdvisor Member seventh

We didn't reserve and arrived on the spot by chance... what a deal ! Great great view on the lake (ask the rooms on third floor with a small balcony)... the rest is good (breakfast, staff, rooms small but confortable)...

Don't miss the ferry for cars to get to the shore - unforgetable !

Bellagio - A hidden secret!

by TripAdvisor Member kampan00

Both myself and my partner were looking to have a couple of days of relaxation upon our arrival in Italy (flew into Milan) and although the drive took longer than expected due to the narrower mountain style roads it was worth it! As requested, we had parking space reserved which was based in an underground car park approx 5-10 mins walk away - NB there is a charge for this car park approx 9 euros per day. With parking in Bellagio being somewhat of a premium, this maybe something to consider. The room itself was nicely decorated and seemed very modern. Although the room wasn't very big it had enough storage to stow away the belongings of myself and my partner. The room was also very clean. Staff were friendly and willing to help when they could. A recommended stay ! Only the unknown charge for the parking has blotted the recommendation.

Disappointing service

by TripAdvisor Member johnski

My wife and I recently stayed at the Bellagio as part of a driving tour around Italian Lakes. I had booked some 10 months ago to ensure we got a nice high floor lake view room based on reviews on Trip Advisor. So after an 11 hour drive to get to Bellagio we were very disppointed to be told they did not have our booking. We arrived late and had to wait for the receptionist to return from another hotel to deal with our booking. At first she did not believe we had a booking but I had copies of the e-mail confirmation with credit card info. Only then did she make efforts to find us a room. We could not get the room(s) we wanted and had to settle for a low floor partial lake view room with the agreement we would get a significant discount for the inconvenience. Later that evening, the receptionist explained they had booked us for 11 July when it should have been 11 June - clearly the hotels error.
The stay was nice and the hotel is very nice but our stay was tainted by the booking error.
Upon checking out, we were told the discount would be 15 euros per night (we stayed 2 nights). I explained that this was unacceptable since we had a booking for the highest priced room and had clearly stayed in a lower price room aside from some form of comensation for the error they made. We were offered a further 5 Euros. I felt I would not get any further discount and paid this. Upon payment we were virtually ignored by the staff, as if it was our fault the booking was wrong.
I do not generally complain about hotels, the service we receive is normally very good but we were very disappointed at the treatment we received. I would advise future visitors to re-confirm their booking with this hotel nearer the time of travel to ensure you do not have the same experience as us.

Bellagio Hotel

by cl3150

We're planning a trip to the lake district in late September/early October and would like hotel recommendations in the following towns:

Bellagio
Stresa
Desenzano or Sirmione

We'd prefer to stay under $200 per night. We'd also welcome restaurant suggestions.

Thanks.

by nomad7890

We travelled thru the Lago di Como and visited Varenna. We actually stopped in Bellagio, and although beautiful found it so crowded and touristy that we decided to get on the next boat to Como - maybe will not be so in October.

We went to Varenna for lucn at the Albergo Olivedo. I read so many good things about its owner, Laura, I had to try for myself - what a treat! The hotel looked nice although I did not stay in the district because the logistics of staying away from Milan did not work out for our itinerary.

Varenna is a beautiful town to walk around. The web site for Albergo Olivedo is: http://www.olivedo.it/olivedo/inglese/home.htm - if you send a query, more than likely you will hear from Laura. Food in that place is to die for! and the hotel stay includes breakfast and dinner. I also found a web site where the first ten pictures are from Varenna, so you can see how beautiful it is (just realized I missed the castle!)
http://home.earthlink.net/~garystrait/i/show001.htm If you would like to see Bellagio, maybe you can stay in Varenna, and take the boat to Bellagio.

It will be beautiful! Have fun. Regards, Martha

by dickjhf

We're just about to set off for a short break in Bellagio. This will be our 6th visit!! We like to stay at the Hotel Metropole which is the only hotel in Bellagio that sits right on the lake front (www.albergometropole.it). Its rated as 3* - rooms are very clean & comfortable. Very friendly. We recommend a room with full lake view & balcony, or even better a terrace (approx 139 - 149 EURO per (170 US$) room per night inc buffet breakfast. Plenty of very good restaurants to choose from depending on your preferences. The Metropole restaurant terrace overlooks the lake (good lake fish & pasta). Pizzas at 'La Grotta' (just up some steps to the right of the main hotel entrance) are AWESOME. There's also a good restaurant at 'La Punta' - the far end of the Bellagio promentory. Have a great trip!!!

by dickjhf

Further to my last message, we've now just returned from our latest trip to Bellagio and yet another stay at the Hotel Metropole.
We stayed in Room 110 which is one of four rooms with a large private terrace overlooking the lake (fabulous views !!!)
The terrace rooms are on the 1st floor and have recently (this year) been re-furbished.
Rooms 110 & 111 are larger & have the biggest terrace areas.
The rate (high season) was 149 Euro per room per night including breakfast.
Hope the update helps.