Salita Plinio 7, Bellagio, 22021, Italy

Expedia.com Travelocity Venere.com

• m-gem's Profile Photo

Feels like home

A wonderful hotel in Bellagio. The owners are so friendly (we once chatted with the owner for half an hour one night) and it is indeed centrally located. The hotel has a nice little garden in front that you can sit in, and a sunny breakfast room. There aren't many lake views from the rooms, but I didn't need that. The walls can be a bit thin (and we had a crying baby next door), but the rooms are well-decorated and comfortable. Most comfortable hotel bed I've ever slept on. If only the walls hadn't been so thin, I would have completely loved this place.

More about Hotel Centrale

This hotel is a gem!

by TripAdvisor Member smdubowsky

After reading the reviews on TravelAdvisor.com we could not resist a stay here and we were not disappointed. First, Bellagio is one of the loveliest spots on earth. Secondly, the Hotel Centrale Bellagio is just the perfect place to stay to enjoy your time in Bellagio.

The owner of the hotel, Giacomo Borelli, and his family, run this hotel with a very personal touch. Giacomo will not only help you find the hotel (you will need help finding the hotel), but will gladly assist you on your sightseeing and dinner plans.

The hotel was redone recently and everything is newly refurbished including the a/c. The breakfast room is charming and the breakfasts are excellent. Make sure you ask for the delicious cappucino.

The rooms while not large, are more than adequate and are a fraction of the price of the Serbelloni which is down the block.

All in all, I would agree with the other reviewers and heartedly recommend the Hotel Centrale Bellagio to all.

One word of caution about Bellagio and all of Italy for that matter; it can get very hot in July!

Good experience in nice hotel

by TripAdvisor Member speedytimmy

I recently returned from a two night stay at the Hotel Centrale Bellagio. Overall impressions were quite favorable. While the hotel is not directly on the water, depending on your room, you certainly have a partial lake view. I was first given a room on the second floor with two balconies which which very nice and a minute later the owner called to say they had actually reserved a room on the third floor which he said was preferable. I think I actually preferred the first room, but the second had a nice slanted wooden ceiling with a skylight (which others I think have noted has an remotely operated shade). Bathrooms are small, the shower also small, but very clean and fine for European standards - water pressure was nice. Air conditioning and free internet connectivity (if you have a computer) were nice. Regarding the internet: download speed was fine, but trying to upload data (trying to upload photos to the web was pretty slow.
Breakfast (included) was nice with good coffee and croissants my favorite. Hotel is really easy to find - I stumbled across it without even trying. If you have any difficulty finding it, I'm surprised you even made it to Bellagio! I took the high speed ferry there and the bus back to Como - both provided a different experience. I give this hotel four stars. Overall a nice experience!

Great hotel

by TripAdvisor Member davismm

My friend and I find this hotel about two weeks before we went to Bellagio. We were pleasantly surprised when we checked-in, the hotel was new and fresh. Our room was a GREAT size and outside our window was a full terrace with a slight view of the lake. There was no one in the room next door so we had the terrace to ourselves - it was great. The owners are pleasant and remember your coffee/capuccino each morning. This defintely is a great place to stay

Faultless

by TripAdvisor Member Boreda

A perfect stay in a lovely, clean and super friendly hotel in the middle of one of the most perfect places in the world. The hotel really lived up to the reviews given here and I would definately stay here again.

Wonderful Small Hotel

by TripAdvisor Member MF-Scotland

This is a wonderful hotel. It is cool, clean, comfortable, excellently located and reasonably priced for Bellagio, but the best thing about this hotel must be the staff. The owner and his staff offer a friendly, efficient service which just could not have been better. We arrived having misplaced a wallet on our journey and the owner simply could not have offered us more help in making calls and locating the police station. I cannot recommend this hotel highly enough. They also serve a lovely fresh breakfast.

We Loved this Hotel

by TripAdvisor Member blauner

I don't know what happened to our first page of reviews.

I had said that the place was wonderful, and it is. The family that runs the place really cares about its guests.

I had indicated also that the driving around Lake Como is treacherous, so park in Lecco and take the ferry (pedestrians only) to Belaggio to avoid undo stress on the driver(s). We were so freaked out on the road that Giacomo at the Hotel Centrale arranged for someone to drive us, in our car, out of there once our stay was over.

I think I also mentioned the adorable room and the skylight with the remote for putting down the shades on it. Also the great location.

Just go there and see!

Nice hotel in a beautiful town

by TripAdvisor Member DG0217

Hotel Centrale was a very nice hotel in an absolutely beautiful town. The hotel is very welcoming with a really cute courtyard and it was all recently renovated, so everything was nice. Our room was very large and had two balconies overlooking the courtyard. You could kind of see the lake and mountains! The bed linens were nice, bathrooms were OK, nice light fixtures, hard wood floors, and beautiful antique furniture. They will give you a high speed internet cord too. This is the kind of hotel where you turn your key in when you leave and locks up at night. They will give you a key if you want to come home later, after curfew! So, it is no big deal.

Breakfast was included, which is always nice and they make very good cappucino! Standard European breakfast fare (breads, pastries, meats, cereal); all you need.

The owner and staff spoke excellent English and were very helpful giving info about the town. They gave us the ferry schedule and recommended an itinerary.

Bellagio is a great area to stay in for exploring the area. The town is so quaint and cute, lots of cobble stones and shops and great food and wine.

People keep saying it is hard to find, but there are signs all over town that say Hotel Central with arrows pointing in the direction (up or down the hill). It is mid-hill, that is the challenge, just look for signs and you'll be fine! You can't drive up, park at the church at the top of the hill and roll your luggage down.

Wonderful Hospitality in Fabulous Bellagio

by TripAdvisor Member SCasey

Giocomo Borelli, hotel owner, personally cares that your stay is a great experience in wonderful Bellagio. We booked this hotel based on other Trip Advisor reviews of the hotel and were not disappointed. The hotel rooms are small, but clean and comfortable. This cozy hotel is probably not the place for a family to stay, but if a couple is looking for a relaxing stay without breaking the bank, this is the place. Sure there are nicer hotels with more amenities, but the cost is double or triple what you pay at Hotel Centrale (appox. 110 euro/night for a double room). We were very happy with our stay in Bellagio and meeting the very warming Borelli family.

Lovely hotel in the most perfect location

by TripAdvisor Member Cloverleaf

Having taken advice from the numerous positive reviews on this site I booked a two night stay at the Hotel Centrale. The drive to Bellagio, whilst a little narrow at times, was far from scary (as mentioned in previous reviews) with the greatest danger being from the wonderful views distracting the driver!

We were lucky with parking leaving us only a 200m walk with our bags. The hotel was easy to find and the welcome warm and personal. The room was clean and whilst not overly large, perfect for us- the only slight niggle was that the doundle was two single beds zipped together creating anuncomfortable lump in the middle of the bed. We were on the 1st floor and had a slight view of the lake and mountains.

The town of Bellagio is stunningly beautiful, even more-so when viewed from one of the many boats that zigzag their way across the lake (a very efficient and fairly cheap way of getting around). The hotel and the town are the perfect way to put you in a relaxed frame-of-mind with the scenery providing the perfect excuse to just sit, relax and day-dream. Be aware that eating out can be expensive and that resisting the lure of the wonderful ice-cream
is futile!

I would love to one day return to this beautiful part of the world and would recommend the hotel without a second thought.

Comments