Albergo San Vigilio Ristorante I Musicanti

Satisfaction No Data

No Satisfaction or Value Data Available

More about Bergamo

Our train from Milan to BergamoOur train from Milan to Bergamo

Teatro Donizetti (Bergamo, Italy)Teatro Donizetti (Bergamo, Italy)

Santa Maria Maggiore (Bergamo, Italy)Santa Maria Maggiore (Bergamo, Italy)

Street SceneStreet Scene

Cheap one night stay in Bergamo

by clausito

Any suggestions for a triple room in Bergamo? One night. 3 young people waiting for an early flight next day. Close to airport but of course they also want to experience Citta Alta. B&B? Nothing fancy, just sleep and cheap

by Maurizioago

I booked a room at Hotel San Giorgio some years ago. It's not far from the train station in Bergamo. You should google a bit to find the link of this hotel.

Ciao!

by clausito

Good suggestion, but maybe 100 Euro without breakfast is too expensive for these young people. They need a bed, bathroom and breakfast or just 1 night sleep

by Paisleypaul

A taxi from the airport is only about Eu16 so anywhere in the otwn centre is close enough. www.venere.com is a good website for Italian accomodation.

We stayed at the mercure which was great but again not sure about the budget

by bekerovka

hy,
Take a look here: http://www.ostellodibergamo.it/index.php, here: http://www.hotellaquercia.com/English/index.htm and here: http://www.hostels.com/hosteldetails.php/HostelNumber.27787
Ciao, Marco

by Ina08

Maybe the youth hostel is the best place then.

by clausito

Yes, maybe youth hostel is a good idea. Also found cheap hostels in Citta alta - price less than 70 Euro for a triple

or maybe this

by Maurizioago

I didn't think it was so expensive staying at Hotel S. Giorgio. I paid 35 euros per night some years ago. I had a room withouth bath and no breakfast.

Travel Tips for Bergamo

'Visioni' - Contemporary Art in the old town

by barrikello

This exhibition on some of the most important italian and non italian contemporary artists is something unusual in an old fashioned city like ours. It develops in the marvellous setting of the Sant'Agostino monastery and it mingles the ancient frescoes on the church ceiling with the new graffitti by the artists.

Things to pack for a trip in October

by suvanki

From the airport either catch the bus or a taxi, so you don't have to carry your baggage too far. A day sac for carrying your camera, guide book etc COMFY SHOES! the paving can be a bit rough- cobbles etc- In Citta Alta there is plenty to walk around and see, plus plenty of climbing towers etc if you want to.

In early October, it was quite sunny, though it got quite cool at night-I was glad that I'd packed a lightweight jumper.

Umbrella/ Waterproof Jacket-The weather can be changeable- we got caught in a downpour in April, as did my friend in September. There are pharmacies in Bergamo-one next to the funicular station at Citta Alta. Bring prescription medicines with you though. Carry as much as you can- Bergamo is very photogenic!! There are camera shops in Citta Alta. A word of warning- my hostel didn't appear to have any sockets to recharge my cameras batteries - The lamps were plugged into 2 pin sockets which were slimmer than my adaptor plug. So I had a mega panic on my last day as my memory cards were full, and my batteries were run down - I had to rely on my phone camera for my last few pics! binoculars for views from the towers, or from the walls
Compeed etc for blisters

Bergamo by night

by sim1

The view over Bergamo at night is beautiful. During our walk through the city at night we came to this lookout point with gave us a view over the new city of Bergamo. It looked so beautiful! We stood here quite a while enjoying the view.

Bergamo has an international...

by Bergamo2000

Bergamo has an international airport about 3 miles away from the city, 27 miles from Milan and 130 miles from Venice. The main airline companies are Air France, Lufthansa and Swissair in addition to others
that fly to domestic destinations.
You'll find more in my external home page.
By car or bus you can reach in few minutes the town's center whe're many accomodations.
When you arrive in Bergamo it's best walking because of the strong traffic, especially during the week.

Historical bar

by mauro_pd about Balzer

I recently visited Bergamo out of the rush hour (regardless if it was the shopping or the commuting one :-) and I have to be honest I enjoyed a place I've never considered as worthy of a stop; it's an historical bar and it's calle Balzer ...
The location for sure ! Cappuccino & croissant