Alex e Angie

DAO's Profile Photo

A good option in Bergamo

Great (4.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on August 16, 2014

I never saw Alex or Angie, but they do a great job. I was contacted by them a few days before I arrived and reminded of my stay and asked what time I would arrive. When I arrived at the airport I simply texted them and a young man met me at the door. Everything was explained to me and other services were offered. My room was pleasant, the bed a little firm, and I had plenty of closet space. The best 2 things are that it was 1) Quiet and 2) I never had to wait for one of the bathrooms. Alex and Angie only have 4 'rooms' and 2 good sized bathrooms. It also has a lot of space, including balconies, over 2 floors.

I had everything I needed. A good kitchen, great views from the top floor of the building, towels, great furniture, a ceiling fan, TV, water bottles/snacks in the room and the room was cleaned daily.

In terms of location, its in a great location in the Città Bassa or lower town. Its right across the street from the best shopping area in Bergamo. Its also a 5 minute walk from the Bus and Train stations. There are several grocery stores nearby, bus stops, bars, restaurants and many other things to do.

Security is not an issue. You have to get through a gate, building front door and a strong front door of the accommodation.

Alex and Angie also offer maps, lots of local literature, free Wi-Fi, and can organise any tours or transportation you like. In fact they have a fantastic website you can use for your experiences.

I stayed in 'Nicole' (all their rooms have names) and there are some good photos and descriptions on the website.

All in all - a very good option for this price range.

Unique Quality:

• Quiet
• Good facilities (kitchen is well stocked, nice living room, dinning room, bathrooms)
• Friendly and helpful
• Excellent location
• Well priced

DAO's Profile Photo

A GOOD OPTION

Great (4.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on June 5, 2012

All in all - a very good option for this price range.

Unique Quality:
• Quiet
• Friendly and helpful
• Excellent location
• Well priced
• Excellent website

Directions:
4 blocks north of the Train/Bus Station

A good value, great location and tidy!

Best (5.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on March 29, 2010

I stayed here with my mother and two sons in the quad-room, and I must say this was ideal for us!
We got off the bus at the train station and it was only a 5 minute walk to the apartment. We sent an sms to the rep. to come and let us in, and he was a really nice guy who spoke fluent English. The apartment itself was on the 5-th floor, you can use the elevator to get there. (not if you´re clastrofobic though, its really small!)
The room was perfect, nice and tidy and with our own balcony! Everyday they made the beds and supplied us with juice and croissants for breakfast. In the fridge in the kitchen there is milk and butter, tea and coffe and all you need to make a deasant meal.
Actually we cooked our dinner here one night and sat in the living room since we were all alone! It was like having a luxury flat in the middle of the center :-) The bathrooms are really nice, and there is even a hair drier if you need one.

Just around the corner there is a grocery store named BILLA, its down stairs from a clothing store but look for the sign and you will find it. There are also pasticcerias and a fruit & veggie store just minutes from the apartment where you can buy bread, take away-pizzas and a bottle of wine.

We purchased a 3-day bus ticket for €5 which we used all over Bergamo. You have the bus stop just a couple of minutes from the apartment that will take you to the funicolare or all the way up to Citta Alta.

This was for sure one of the best places I have staid in, and if you travel with children I find it ideal. I´m allready planning my next trip :-)

Unique Quality: The roof terrace offers great view of the Citta Alta!
The apartment is located in an area with lot´s of fashion shops and restaurants.

13 Photos of Alex e Angie

View Professional Photos

Amenities at Alex e Angie

• Continental Breakfast
  • Free High Speed Internet
  • Kitchenette

Bergamo Travel Forum

Need advice about Bergamo, Italy? Visit the Travel Forum for Bergamo and ask our Answer Gurus.

Latest Bergamo hotel reviews