Casa Vacanze La Torretta

Via Rocca 2, Bergamo, 24123, Italy

More about Bergamo

the view from the terracethe view from the terrace

Chiesa di San Bartolomeo (Bergamo, Italy)Chiesa di San Bartolomeo (Bergamo, Italy)

Funiculare (Bergamo, Italy)Funiculare (Bergamo, Italy)

Piazzetta Sant PancrazioPiazzetta Sant Pancrazio

tranportation from bergamo to genova

by myriam55

We are 8 people arriving to bergamo, we have to catch a cruise in genova, what is the best easiest & cheapest way to arrive there?
Thanks
Myriam

Re: tranportation from bergamo to genova

by leics

By train, I think. Italians trains are safe, comfortable and reasonably-priced.

will give you train times, details and fares in English.

Takes around 3 hours, with a change in Milan. One-way fare from 11.80 euro, faster trains from 19.70 euro.

Re: tranportation from bergamo to genova

by mccalpin

I assume that you are arriving at Orio al Serio Airport at Bergamo?

If so, you have to do one of two things:
1. Take the airport bus over to the train station in Bergamo, then take the FS (Trenitalia) train as J described, or
2. Take a bus direct from the airport to Milano Centrale (the main train station, then pick up a direct train from there, again, using the website that J gave you.

The link for the buses from the airport to both places is http://www.orioaeroporto.it/Editorial/newsCategoryViewProcess.jsp?editorialID=2656¤tMenu=2175

I leave it to you to look at both options and compare convenience in departure time, trip duration, and cost...

Bill

Travel Tips for Bergamo

piazza vecchia

by call_me_rhia

Piazza Vecchia is the hub of old Bergamo in the "upper" part of the town. It's a small square with three of the town's most remarkable buildings: Cappella Colleoni - a funerary chapel all made of polichromatic marbles, Palazzo della Ragione - the old Town Hall, and Basilica di Santa Maria Maggiore- a romanic/baroque church with precious ancient tapestries which hosts the grave of the musician and composer Domenico Donizetti

Packing List

by sim1

I am afraid this was the end of my tour through Bergamo. I hoped you enjoyed reading my page :-)
What ever you do, and where ever you go in Italy, you certainly have to take your camera and enough rolls of film. This country has so many photo oppertunities, that you will run out of film in no time!

This is not the only page I have written about Italy. Here is an overview of my other Italian pages :

PS : You can click on the titels to go to the travelpages.

Italy

overview of Italy

Alberobello
Siena
Piano Grande
I have been to Italy three times now, and I just love this country. I made a beautiful overview page of Italy, that you really should take a look at. But besides that, I made quite a few detailed pages also. You can see an overview of those detailed pages underneath.

Pisa, Italy

Tower of Pisa
Campo di Miracoli
Tower of Pisa
Well, who doesn't recognize this picture: the leaning tower of Pisa! The tower is very famous and I had seen it a million times on pictures already. But to actually stand there and look at it was a weird experience. It was so familiar but so magnificent at the same time to finally see this famous tower with my own eyes.

Trieste, Italy

Castle Miramare
Statue in Trieste
Muggia
Two days ago, I was saying goodbye to Cristiano, after the VT meeting in Bergamo.... but not for long! Although I didn't know at that time, I saw him again two days later already!!! We had so much fun together, that we decided to go to Trieste for the last day of our trip and meet Christiano for a second time. He made us so welcome here, and showed us his beautiful hometown. Thanks Cris!!! You are a fantastic friend!

Venice, Italy

In October 2001 I made a short trip to Italy and visited Bergamo, Trieste and Venice. On this page I want to tell you about my two days in beautiful Venice.

How to find the stadium

by Calcio

The “Stadio atleti azzuri d’Italia” is close to the center, and it’s really a nice walk from the trainstation. Problem is to find the right way, so if it’s the first time in Bergamo I suggest that you take the bus from the station instead, leaving you close to the stadium in just 7-8 minutes.
By foot it will take around 20-25 minutes. Say 30 if you walk a bit slower. Ask someone for directions, and you won’t probably have any trouble to find it.
There are trains to and from Milano every hour, and there is also a bus-shuttle leaving close from the station that goes to Milano every hour, at least.

By car it’s the same as always in Italy. When you get into the town you’ll soon find the signs with “stadio” written on them, with a football written beside. Just follow them.
There might be some problems to find parking close to the stadium, but if you’re there early it shouldn’t be a problem.

Airport

by mauro_pd

Bergamo has a very nice airport, 20 minutes by bus/car away from the city center & railway central station. I literally love this small (but fastly growing) airport: Orio al Serio is the name.
You can check the site for more info; Orio is since 2002 one of the european bases of Ryanair (www.ryanair.com).
In summer 2003 the small airport hit the top performance with nearly 15.000 people on the move in one day; since the beginning the airport has enlarged the activity a lot, being today one of the most low-cost destination in Italy.

'in the heart of Bergamo'

by Paisleypaul about L'Osteria di Valenti....

Friendly and welcoming staff sat us down immediately, near the roaster of a fire which we appreciated! Air conditioned as well in the Summer of course!

Superb ravioli starter and fillets to follow, beer water coca cola and deserts with no wine saw our total no more than Eu50. Superb all round, save for the house recipe Tiramisu was one to avoid!(Now there's a sentence I thought I might never write!)

Comments