Via S. Vigilio, 1, Bergamo, Bergamo Province, 24100, Italy
Expedia.com Booking.com Hotels.com

More about Bergamo

Departing Orio al Serio airport with RyanairDeparting Orio al Serio airport with Ryanair

Piazza Dante (Bergamo, Italy)Piazza Dante (Bergamo, Italy)

Santa Maria Maggiore (Bergamo, Italy)Santa Maria Maggiore (Bergamo, Italy)

Down on the piazzaDown on the piazza

Where to stay and go with my 12 year old sons and my mother :-)

by agapimoukriti

Hi!
I´m planning on going to Bergamo on feb. 27 - march 3:d. The main reason is to see AC Milan - Atalanta on the 28:th, but we preferr to stay in Bergamo and visit Milano over the day.

I have checked every hotel, B&B there is on the internet, It´s quite difficult to find a room for 4 people that is not very expencive.... Any options of a good place to stay for me, my mother and my sons at the age of 12?

Also I will try to purchase tickets for the match at AC Milan´s own official web site, they should release them for sale at least the week before or?
Otherwise I have been told it will be possible to purchase them in any of the offices in Milano at the same day. We plan on taking the train (or is it bus?) to Milano in the morning, se some sights and head for San Siro station a couple of hours before kick off, is that reasonable?

Also, is there any sights in Bergamo we shouldn´t miss, and will it be interesting also for young boys :-)

by Maurizioago

I booked a room at Hotel San Giorgio in the "modern area" in Bergamo. Trey to google a bit to find the hotel web site. It seemede to me to be a budget accomodation at that time. Hotel S.ò Giorgio isn't far from the train station.

Ciao!

by domenicococozza

If you're looking for something nice, you could look at the Hotel Tenuta Colle Piaja in the hills overlooking Bergamo.
We stayed there on our way up to the Dolomites a couple of years ago.
www.tenutacollepiajo.it

by Redang

Regarding what to see, Cita Alta (Upper city), is great!

by domenicococozza

Apologies for last posting - this was posted in the wrong thread.

by agapimoukriti

Ok, thank´s all I have now booked a quad room at Alex and Angies for €80/night. I think it´s a bargain for the four of us and to also have the opportunity to make real breakfast in the kitchen...
So we will spend the day in Milan on sunday and see the AC Milan-game in the afternoon! Everywhere I can read that tickets can be purchased in the lottomaticas all over town a few days before the game, and I hope this is correct?! However we won´t arrive until saturday afternoon and I was hoping to be able to buy them in Bergamo, this should be possible since it´s also an Atalanta-game?

Travel Tips for Bergamo

Bergamo Alta is the main...

by Bergamo2000

Bergamo Alta is the main attraction for tourists, and well-heeled Milan folk who'd escape that bustling city on weekends. Local museums and architectural delights are complemented by events like Bergamo's International Jazz Festival, and the Mercantico -- an antique market held every third Sunday of the month. First a Gallic settlement, then Roman, after the Barbarian invasions, it became a free municipality in the Lombard League (12th century) before submitting to the Visconti Signoria, and from 1428 to 1796 formed part of the Venetian Republic. In this period the town, surrounded by walls, underwent coinsiderable economic expansion. After the brief Napoleonic Cisalpine Republic (1797-1814), it became part of Lombard-Venetia until freed by Garibaldi's soldiers in 1859.

Bergamo is the birthplace of Gaetano Donizetti (musician, 1797-1848),Costantino Beltrami (explorer, 1779-1856), Andrea Previtali (artist, 1470-1528), Gerolamo Tiraboschi (man of letters, 17311794), Bartolomeo Colleoni (military leader, 1400-1475).

Bergamo - Sotto il Monte -  is the birthplace of Pope John XXIII -- a.k.a. Papa Giovanni, 1881-1963.

Salame della Bergamasca

by barrikello

Our salame ('salami' is just plural of salame in italian) has a special flavour and it's softer if compared to the other types around Italy. That's due to the fact that it's made of fresh pork meat. Its special flavour is given by the addition of black pepper, red wine, spices and fresh grinded garlic.

UNESCO's Villaggio Crespi

by mauro_pd

Small village half an hour by car away from Bergamo; this village is included in the worldwide UNESCO list for "special" spots to be protected.
Quotation from UNESCO site:
"Crespi d'Adda in Capriate San Gervasio in Lombardy is an outstanding example of the 19th- and early 20th-century 'company towns' built in Europe and North America by enlightened industrialists to meet the workers' needs. The site is still remarkably intact and is partly used for industrial purposes, although changing economic and social conditions now threaten its survival."

All pix are collected in related travs.

Bergamo Train Station and Funicular

by sandysmith

The train station is right at the end of Bergamo Bassa's central avenue, Viale Giovanni XXIII, which becomes Via Vittorio Emanuele II. To the right are the two bus stations : the SAB, serving the northern mountains and valleys, and the Stazione Autolinee, serving all other destinations.
Bus #1 runs from the train station to the funicular station at the foot of the hill, from where you can make the ascent by cable car to Piazza Mercato delle Scarpe for no extra charge as long as you show your bus ticket. Alternatively you can get bus #1A from Viale Papa Giovanni XXIII, along the central avenue and up to Bergamo Alta.

Cafe Funicular

by Mickos about Cafe Funicolare

Didn't have a meal here but a few drinks went down well on a hot summer's evening. This place can be found in the Funicullare station as you arrive in the old city, sit on the terrace where the view are amazing, The commercial city, airport and surrounding countryside spreads out before you. Perfect for unwinding and enjoying a drink Brand Beer

Comments