Via Fratelli Bronzetti 8/A, Bergamo, 24124, Italy
Expedia.com Booking.com Venere.com

More about Bergamo

Road in Citta Alta BergamoRoad in Citta Alta Bergamo

Bergamo (Italy)Bergamo (Italy)

Bus airport-city (Bergamo, Italy)Bus airport-city (Bergamo, Italy)

Piazza Vecchia - Fountain of Alvise ContariniPiazza Vecchia - Fountain of Alvise Contarini

staying overnight

by jurodan

Hi, I will have to stay one night in Bergamo, Thursday 12.02.09 from 22.00 until 5.00AM, waiting for another flight and I don't want to book a hotel. Is the airport open overnight? I would like to walk the city, any place open late? I won't be wearing anything smart, so please don't send me to stylish places :-) I am looking for some decent bar/pub/no disco, where one can keep himself warm. Grazie.

by mccalpin

The website http://www.sleepinginairports.com/search.asp?SearchTerm=bergamo&action=Review+Search
contains often hilarious descriptions and discussions of sleeping in airports around the world...it doesn't look like too many people enjoyed trying to spend the night at Orio al Serio airport...

As for Bergamo itself, I haven't been there, but if it's like many small Italian towns, there won't be much happening in the wee hours of the night. Well, perhaps someone will have a suggestion for a place...but don't count on it...

Bill

by kopvas

Airport in Bergamo is pretty small itself + they close about 2/3 of it until 4-5am (it is said - "cleaning etc."). But it is still possible to stay a night there.
Town is about 15 minutes by bus, but buses run only until 11pm (from Bergamo) and app. 11:45pm from the airport. First one in the morning as far as I rememeber is around 5am

by juzz

I would add that I think you'll not find places (stylish or not) open after 1am on a weekday, I'm sorry.

Travel Tips for Bergamo

Città of bells

by irisbe

The skyline of Bergamo old city is really dominated by the many towers and bells.
Every where you see you can spot at least a couple of them.

I wonder how it would sound if they all would sound together?

A Hidden Tresure: Lake Endine

by babita72

One of the least known lakes in Lombardy, Lake Endine, with its mountains and landscape reflected in the water, offers a very suggestive sight. It’s a quiet, relaxing place of entertainment off the beaten track. It’s a sort of outdoor gym for water sports (sailing, windsurf, canoeing and boat racing) and a well-known place for fishing, in winter, with its frozen waters. It offers a very particular sight at this height.
It can be reached by bus from Bergamo in less than 30 minutes.
Best town on the lake is the pictoresque Monasterolo del Castello

the funicular from Bergamo Bassa to Bergamo Alta

by call_me_rhia

The funicular of Bergamo links Bergamo Bassa with Bergamo Alta in only 5 minutes. It's the most convenient way to get to the high town, since most of it is closed to motorized traffic. To get to the departure station of the funicular just hop onto bus 1A or 1. Possibly the most convenient place to get the bus is from the station - there's also a parking lot there. You can buy tickets at most newagents or bars in the area.

WHEN IN BERGAMO GIVE DA VITTORIO A MISS!

by SCOTTIE2 about DA VITTORIO

Although classed as one of Bergamo's top restaurants, I would give the title of canteen or trattoria to Da Vittorios. Last year in February we ate there and were disgusted at the service. The surroundings are more like an average 3 star hotel dining room. The food I cann't even remember what we ate----the bill over 300 euros for 2!! O.k. we have spent this on several occasions so not the problem. The problem was the way the owners behaved. Their children were left screaming around us for nearly an hour when I finally complained they half heartedly appologized and said they had problems with finding a baby sitter for the evening!!Tough if I had wanted children around, I would have gone to McDonalds!!!The other horrible thing was that new staff were being trained and trying their best but were being constantly torn apart in front of our table. Being hoteliers ourselves we wanted to escape the daily troubles and certainly didn't need to pay the high cost of the evening with staff training infront of us and well within hearing distance. When I made my point to the father ie Vittorio----he gave me a small box of their homemade chocolates by way of a sweetener. Rather than look foolish, I took them but certainly will never go back and would not reccomend it to anyone Obviously good in the days when Vittorio was at the helm but his children should look to another means of employment.Perhaps they should train at McDonalds first! Cann't remember as we were to nervous to eat!!

Do you fancy a glass of wine?

by fmk about Vineria Cozzi

Stellar wine list and innovative food carte. The price obviously depends on which wine you choose.
No strict dress code, but you'd better avoid the "shorts and baseball cap" attire. If a double cheeseburger is what turns you on, skip this place. I have very fond memories of a goat cheese mousse with lavender-flavoured vinaigrette, and a superb dessert made of bitter chocolate and aubergines(!). Also, an exquisite Chilean Sauvignon Blanc with a distinct passionfruit aroma.

Comments