Via Castagneta, 19, Citta' Alta, Bergamo, 24129, Italy
Booking.com Priceline.com HostelBookers.com

More about La Valletta Relais

Wish we could have stayed longer

My wife, our two teenage children and myself stayed here for one night in early September 2005. We had flown into Bergamo and wanted to spend a night here before heading to Lake Garda for a wedding. I would agree wholeheartedly with all the positive reviews which led us to this little gem in the first place. Mario and his wife are charming and friendly hosts, and could not have been more helpful. Our room was comfortable and spotless.
My only regret is that we were only able to stay for one night. While we did manage to have a look around Bergamo the next morning we would love to return to this lovely hotel for a relaxing weekend or longer, and drink some more of Mario's reasonably priced wine selection!

Very Cosy! Great value.

by TripAdvisor Member jean-s

I can't really add a lot to all the othe extensive reviews except to say that we had a fantastic stay. We managed to get the suite (130 euros) for the first night and this really is the room you want! The terrace is lovely - the bathroom is great - the mini bar is a bargain! We had to change to the room over the corridor for the second night and it wasn't as nice but hey - it was only 90 euros! It was compact, had a couple of awkard stairs to negotiate to the bathroom if you needed to go in the night but it was clean and adequate. There is noise from pipping cars as they go round blind corners, barking dogs and chiming church bells but nothing that really detracts from the charm of the place. Mario and Graziella are as lovely as people say. I spoke to Graziella in English and she spoke to me in Italian but I think we understood each other. She has a smile as wide as crescent moon and happily brought my inlaws coffee and cake on the terrace when they had missed breakfast. Only thing I would say is it would really help to have a car at this property - it is a bit out of the way and Mario will help with lifts where he can but it is a long walk to the upper town.

Bene Valletta

by TripAdvisor Member EVEO

My husband and I just returned from Switzerland and then Italy. We met my brother and his wife from Ireland at the La Valletta Relais. Mario is a very welcoming person, and we felt comfortable immediately. I agree with all other reviewers who wrote that it would be best to have the suite if possible as that would enable a visitor to enjoy the fabulous view from up on high. We were lucky enough to have a rental car, which came in very handy while exploring the area around La Valletta. La Trattoria Piero is a must for anyone seeking an authentic, cozy dinner spot. It is within walking distance of La Valletta, and the lovely bells can be heard ringing from the small church across from the Trattoria. Now we need not spend hours searching the Internet for a beautiful, clean spot to stay when we go back to Bergamo, which we shall.

Lovely La Valletta

by TripAdvisor Member flinny

We stayed here in the suite for 4 nights and it exceeded all our expectations. The views from the balcony were stunning and in the summer it must be fantastic to sit there enjoying a drink as the sun goes down.Mario picked us up from the airport for 10 euros, waited while we changed and then drove us to a small trattoria so within 1 hour of the plane landing we were eating good and very cheap Italian food not to mention the cheap wine and beer. Nothing was any trouble for Mario and his wife and we would recommend La Valleta to anyone. Certainly it is a 20 minute walk into the Citta Alta but the road is almost flat all the way and well lit if you are returning after dark. Bergamo is a great place to stay and we can't wait to go back.

best in northern italy!!!!

by TripAdvisor Member thefellow

mario and his family were so friendly, we had a lovely room. great continental breakfast and for a small fee mario would take you anywhere in the area.

we hope to go back for a small break in the summer

a must visit

The Best B&B by far!

by TripAdvisor Member Moir

Mario and family are fantastic hosts, nothing is too much trouble. The rooms are great - clean, comfortable, stylish and with great views. Breakfast was excellent and the 20 min walk to the old city was lovely - although there was always the offer of a lift into town! Would definitely return when we visit the area again.

First class accomodation

by TripAdvisor Member JensogMia

La Valletta is a pittoresque villa in the hillside, and yet within (20 min.) walking distance from Bergamo Alta. The Valletta itself is carefully renovated. We had a suite with a large terrace with stunning views over Bergamo Alta. The bathroom was roomy, brand new with a long tub and separate showers. Mario and his wife did everything to make our stay comfortable e.g. shuttle service to the airport and to Bergamo Alta. The level of kind service is exeptionally high.

We stayed from August 11th to 14th, 2006 and had a wonderful stay. Highly recommended!

Fab little gem..

by TripAdvisor Member Pam67

Stayed at La Valletta for one night in July '06 at the start of our holiday to Italy and it was a beautiful place to stay. We booked La Valletta after reading the glorious reports on this website.The hotel had given us very straightforward directions from Bergamo airport and I had arranged with them in advance to book us a table for dinner at the local trattoria. Nothing was too much trouble. We had a family room at the back of the hotel so there was some noise from the road outside but not annoyingly so. The bedroom and bathroom were immaculate. Breakfast was served on the terrace overlooking the oustanding view of Bergamo town. I would certainly recommend this hotel and would definitely return.

Great place in a wonderful town

by TripAdvisor Member NicaCasey

I was very impressed with both the town of Bergamo (the upper part) and the Valletta. The owners are very kind and the place is charming, clean, and well located if you have a car. The Valletta is a tremendous value and is a very nice place to stay about 1 km from the incredible shops and cafes of Upper Bergamo.

Perfect Holiday

by TripAdvisor Member AndyR22

Stayed for 8 nights at the end of May. Rooms spacious and lovely. Bergamo about 20 mins walk away. Breakfast simple but adequate. Would highly recommend for a stay in the area!

Rubbing the coglioni for luck!Rubbing the coglioni for luck!

Palazzo della Ragione (Bergamo, Italy)Palazzo della Ragione (Bergamo, Italy)

The Salami GuyThe Salami Guy

Facing the Palazzo della RagioneFacing the Palazzo della Ragione

Luggage store at the train station?

by Henrik_rrb

Will spend a day in the Milan area on the 8th of June on our way to the Euro 2008-tournament in Austria/Switzerland. Saw that Albinoleffe will play a play off game against either Brescia or Pisa that day, and thought it would be a good idea to head to Bergamo for that game.

Will need to leave the luggage somewhere in the city though, as I doubt I'll be able to take the bag into the stadium. Does anyone know if there is a luggage store at the train station in Bergamo, which also is open on Sunday afternoons?

Best regards, Henrik

by juzz

As far as I know there isn't any luggage store at the train station in Bergamo, unfortunately.

Actually I don't know how you could do with your luggage, I hope you'll find a solution

Regards,
Sergio

by leics

There are left luggage facilities at the airport, if you can get there.

by Henrik_rrb

Thanks! That's a good solution, as we'll get back there to pick up our friends after the game.

Thanks!

by Henrik_rrb

Great! That way we could actually leave the big bag at the airport already when arriving at the airport on saturday evening, and then pick it up after the game on sunday.
Thanks again!

:-)

by titti

Just curious: where are you going to spend the saturday night?

Ciao Titti!

Saró a Milano con i miei amici vecchi a sabato sera. Purtroppo nessuna partita per me a domenica, ho visto 5 minuti fa che inizierá alle 21 (o 19.00) é in quel momento saró vicino ad Innsbruck.

by titti

Sarà per la prossima volta!
:-)