Bergamo Hotels

Our Members Say

• Maurizioago profile photo Maurizioago
  • Reviews: 778

3 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Bed and breakfast Il Cortile.: It is a small flat.

This bed and breakfast is a small flat. It is made of kitchen, a double bedroom and a bathroom with shower. There is a television and a small library with some guide books on Bergamo in the kitchen.

The breakfast consisted in packed pastries, jam, cereals. Milk, fruit juices, butter and several yoghurts. You have to prepare your breakfast.

This accomodation is located some 20 minutes from the train station. It is in the the lower area of Bergamo.

• Opinion of Price: N/A
  • Related to: Family Travel, Singles
  • Written June 10, 2014

Hotel Piedmontese: Near to train station

I booked this through Booking. Com, due to price, location and facilities.
Having visited Bergamo a few times previously, I was well aware of this hotel - I ate at the restaurant here in 2009, but for some reason it's been closed for the past few years.
Good location - a minute or so from the train station.
Checking in was easy - pleasant, friendly staff. Our ( twin) room was on the 4th floor ( 407) reached by lift ( elevator)- there are 2 lifts. Our booking didn't include breakfast - we could book this for 9 Euros, which we didn't bother with - plenty of places nearby such as Pizza & Co where you can get a coffee, pastry and juice for just over 4 Euros.
Room was warm ( wall mounted temp control)
Twin beds, bedside tables, wardrobe, writing desk, chair, balcony, full length mirror, TV, mini bar - water only - still and sparkling water.
Bathroom - shower cubicle, WC , wash basin and bidet. Towels, loo roll, Hairdryer, complimentary shower gels, shower caps, soap, tissues.

The room was ok for 2 of us for a weekend stay, although the room thermostat had blue LED lights? Which cast a bright light over the room at night, which was a bit disturbing!
Another minus was the lack of drawer space - bedside tables - were just tables! I think that this is the first time that I've not had drawers as part of bedside table - even in some hostels - would expect better planning from a 4* hotel!

Free WiFi - ask at reception for 24 hour password - the reception in the room was a bit hit and miss - better in the lounge near reception.
There is Wifi and PC in reception area.

Breakfast bar - we didn't try it - went up the road for breakfast.

Bar - Saturday and Sunday night we were looking forward to a night cap here - On asking at reception if the bar was open we were told both nights, 'not at this time' Hmmmm before 2300 on Saturday and before 22.30 on Sunday - we felt that this was a bit lacking. On asking if we could have room service for a drink, again we were told that it wasn't possible.

Well this hotel claims 4* status - we've stayed in a few hotels in Bergamo over the years, including the 4* Mercure and the 4* Best Western.

Personally, I feel that this is 3*, no way can it be on a par with the Best Western, which has great customer service, a gym and sauna, a restaurant and a bar that is open until late, along with room service.
Yes, it is ideally located, but Mercure and BW are only a few metres away!

• Related to: Budget Travel, Business Travel, Family Travel
  • Written December 3, 2013

Room 407

• Roadquill profile photo Roadquill
  • Reviews: 1296

Fontana del Delfino: Comfortable Apartments

My family of seven adults took over three apartments at the Fontana del Delfino for a week. More than halfway up between Citte Alta and the Lower Town of Bergamo, the apartments are very comfortable, nicely appointed and each has their own special advantages. Located on via Pignolo, this street was one of the old roads that led up to the old town. It has great views overlooking the rooftops and lower town and great views of the upper town. At least in the top single room apartment. Another apartment had a nice balcony/patio which we enjoyed. The 1st floor apartment was very large. Right outside the building is the Fontana del Delfini, a nice fountain with a comfortable bar next to it. Our room had exposed beams, hardwood floors and a comfortable bed.

• Related to: Food and Dining, Arts and Culture, Photography
  • Written August 31, 2012

Rooftops outside out window

• johngayton profile photo johngayton
  • Reviews: 3197

B&B Fanzago: Almost Like Having My Own Apartment

My main criterion in chosing this place was its proximity to the railway station since I was arriving and departing from/to Milan by train. The location turned out to be perfect. Not only is it easy to find from the station (100 metres straight ahead) but also it is centrally located just off the lower city's main throughfare which leads from the station to the funicular for the upper city. This meant that all the local shops and services were within easy walking distance, as were the bars and cafes.

The B&B itself turned out to be a three-roomed apartment on the third floor of a modern shopping mall (yes there is a lift) where the owners let out the individual rooms on a per night basis. The owners don't live on the premises and so prefer to have an estimated arrival time for check-in - which can be done by email anytime before arrival. Once checked in they give you the keys - a set of four - and leave you to your own devices - they do provide a phone number should you need anything.

My double ensuite room was spacious, comfortable, stylishly furnished and had I required it there was an adequate workspace and plenty of storage closets.

Breakfast was a self-service affair with a coffee machine, a range of pre-packed pastries, cereals and yoghuts, milk and fruit juices in the refrigerator. As well as the breakfast set-up the small kitchen was fully equipped should you wish to be fully self-catering.

The communal areas were the dining room and a very pleasant sun-trap of a patio out back overlooking the courtyard behind the residential blocks.

What I particularly loved about this place was that despite the other rooms being occupied I hardly saw anything of my fellow guests. OK on the Friday and Saturday I had a pretty busy time with my Eurmeet friends, but on the Sunday I decided to have a total slob day. I was up earlyish (about 8) for breakfast on the patio (that was a major doubleplusgoood as it was also a smoking area) but decided to catch up with some zzzz's and went back to bed for the rest of the morning. I got up again about lunchtime and had breakfast on the patio AGAIN. I briefly saw a couple of other guests - a couple of French ladies who joined me for a cigarette before they went off to do their own things - and then had the place to myself all afternoon.

A quick check of emails etc - the wifi was spot on - and then I spent my afternoon with my feet up, a good book and copious quantities of espresso from the machine.

Check-out the following day was simply a matter of dropping my keys in the letterbox and that was that.

Yep ideal for me and definitely recommended to anyone who doesn't require hotel-type service.

• Related to: Budget Travel, Luxury Travel, Trains
  • Written July 11, 2012

Comfortable and Stylish Room

• bluecondor profile photo bluecondor
  • Reviews: 4

Gli Anemoni: Bergamo apartment

Choice of the old or the new. All the benefits of a modern city with the old town on the hill dripping with tradition and culture. An excellent base to tour the local area, some stunning lakeside scenery. The public transport is good - an hour to Milan on the train, buses and trams also serve interesting day trip stop-offs.

Only 20 mins from the airport - two euros one way.

Very well appointed apartment, tastefully decorated to a high standard. Situated in a bustling little street close to the old town. The owner is extremely obliging and helpful, with a wealth of local knowledge. A real home away from home, we didn’t want to leave – would like to return again.

Holiday Apartment Gli Anemoni, located in the heart of Bergamo, in the ancient Sant'Alessandro Area, is a spacious two-roomed flat, which has been fully renovated and furnished with old and modern pieces.

The apartment can accommodate up to 4+1 person.

• Related to: Cycling, Historical Travel, Castles and Palaces
  • Written July 8, 2012

• Maurizioago profile photo Maurizioago
  • Reviews: 778

3 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Myroom Bed and Breakfast.: A decent budget accomodation.

This bed and breakfast is practically a flat composed by four rooms, two bathrooms with showers, a kitchen, a living room and a small terrace.

Breakfast consisted in a tray (one per room) with a packed pastry per person and a confection of jam. The kitchen was equipped with a coffee machine, fridge, kitchen tools, but I don't thinks there were any pans. Inside the fridge there were various yoghurts, butter, fruit juices and some liters of milk. Unfortunately there wasn't much cheese and cold cuts.

There is a nice small terrace and a living room with a large screen television with a dvd player.

Free of charge internet use. There is a laptop and a printer for customers. It can be used by the proprietors as well.

• Related to: Budget Travel, Family Travel
  • Written June 18, 2012
Tip Photo

• davesut profile photo davesut
  • Reviews: 478

B&B My Room: Great spot

I had a great stay at this great little B&B.
Located 5-10 minutes walk from the train station and away from the town, I feared that the location would be off putting but no definately not, it was fine.
Being away from the main street means that on street parking is free, a real bonus. If you have a car make sure you look for free parking close to your accommodation, you will find it very difficult in Bergamo.

Very clean and spacious rooms. Large double bed in my room. My B&B charge for the person not the room. I got this room as a single person as others did staying at the same time.

There is a communal kitchen, living room with tv and balcony area. Kitchen includes a fridge and tea/coffee avaiable 24 hours. Breakfast is a tray of packaged criossants, yoghurts, bread, cheese and ham in fridge. It is left overnight and you serve yourself.

The host, Guido, was great. You need to phone on your way and he or accomplice will meet you there. Note, stand right outside the doorway of No 25b. There is a small sign on the letter box. I didn't and partly my fault, partly there's, it meant that I was waiting outside ages. This is because I mistook the person who would let me in for a guest and she did not know who I was just standing nearby. However Guido offered me a discount for the lost time, as I said great host.

It took me a night to realise that there were shutters to block out the morning light but you would be better than me.

There are two bathrooms including showers shared between the 4 rooms. I never had to queue to use the bathroom. Both were clean and offered hot water all of the time.

I booked through Hostel World and paid €35 a night, June 2012

I would recommend this place without hesitation. Great value, free parking, great host, clean rooms.

Free wi-fi. The owner leaves a lap top in the reception area which you can use when the staff are not using it, which appears to be any time before 10am and after 12noon.

There is a supermarket within 1 minutes walk.

• Opinion of Price: least expensive
  • Written June 12, 2012

• benazer profile photo benazer
  • Reviews: 560

Giorgio hotel.: Cute hotel in Bergamo

Usual services including internet and breakfast on rooftop

Near the railroad 5 minutes from bergamo station

• Related to: Budget Travel, Family Travel
  • Written June 6, 2012

my hotel

Casalino Centrale aka Centrale Casa Vacanze: Good Location near Porta Nuova

Booked through Booking.Com for location/price. A Twin room - shared bathroom for 5 nights for 2 people 295 Euros plus City Tax (Introduced 2012) 2 Euros per person per night.

The B&B was quite easy to find, and we were met by the owner Patricia (We'd e-mailed our ETA as requested)

The accommodation is on the first floor of a residential block - Stenna stairlift available for first few steps, then stairs or lift/elevator to first floor.

Three rooms - 1 x twin room and 1x triple (1 single and 1 double with patio door to balcony) with shared bathroom (Shower cubicle, WC, basin and bidet - hairdryer/towels/loo roll/hand wash)
Plus 1 x Twin Room ensuite.

Kitchen with fridge, oven/hob, toaster, cutlery, crockery - jugs for boiling water and coffee maker.
Small breakfast bar and stools.

Bread, butter, jam, cereal, yogurts, juice, tea and coffee provided to make your own breakfast.

We were offered either the twin or triple - as we were staying for 5 nights, and opted for the twin - nearer to the bathroom!

Two single beds, wardrobe, bedside tables and lamps, TV - with about 800 channels!! - Never knew there were so many Iranian channels!!

We were soon to find out that the rooms here are NOT soundproof! That evening we could hear our neighbours talking quite clearly. Sharing the bathroom wasn't too much of a problem for the first few nights, though we were very pleased when the owner offered us the ensuite (2 x single beds, Wardrobe, bedside tables with lamps, armchair, 'writing desk', storeage shelves, TV - Bath with overhead shower, WC, Basin, bidet) for our last 2 nights. Hmmmm it was a blessing in disguise .....

The vacated twin/triple rooms were allocated to a group of ? students who proceeded to take a shower each until after 2am, then repeated this before 07.00 hours!
5 x toilet flushing/shower running/cleaning teeth etc was enough water torture for me! Thankfully, the bathroom lock was now working - more often than not the unfortunate occupier had had a battle to get out of the bathroom!
Coupled with the tiny kitchen, that they'd 'taken over' - so we couldn't make a drink until they'd had their turn!

A prominant notice asking for Quiet/Not using shower after midnight/Before 07.30 might be in order!

Fruit and Veg shop directly opposite B&B.
Bakery/Patisserie on the corner of Via Casalino/ Via G. Camozzi
Spar supermarket off Papa Giovanni (Between VOX and Mercure Hotel)

Numerous restaurants/Cafes/Bars within a few minutes walking distance.

Suitable for a short budget stay - A place to sleep/shower rather than chill out.

Pack ear-plugs!

Handy location - 2 -3 minutes walk from Porta Nuova/ No 1 ATB bus stop to/from Citta Alta.

Views over other residencies.

• Related to: Backpacking, Budget Travel, Family Travel
  • Written March 28, 2012

En-Suite Room Casalino Centrale

Casa Andrea: Comfortable Apartment in Citta Alta

CITTA ALTA

I didn't stay in these apartments, but I got the chance to view them during our reccy for Eurmeet 2012. While we were arranging our booking of the restaurant Il Sole, Sissy mentioned that she had a friend with an apartment that VTers might be interested in booking for Eurmeet - a quick 'phone call and Sarah was waiting our arrival - a few metres down Via B Colionni.
We entered a typical 'lobby' behind the door from the street. The apartment is on the 2nd floor.

I was very impressed with the apartment - exposed beams, relaxing comfortable decor and fittings with views to the street or over buildings/gardens.

Sarah also showed us another apartment and a B&B in the same block. Now this is where I get a bit confused - The B&B is owned by Sarahs friend Sabrina, which I understood was Botton D'Oro B&B, from the piece of paper I was given with contact details, and from the bell outside, but checking the Botton D'Oro website, it looks nothing like the place that we saw - Unless it has had a full make over recently? Think I'll have to contact Sarah to find out, or maybe Gilly remembers!

Contact Sarah for prices.

Attractive comfortable apartment
A chance to 'live in a family home' in the heart of the old city.

Living area with double bed settee
Double bedroom (with possibility of camp bed)
Kitchenette
Bathroom -shower cubicle, WC, bidet, wash basin
TV DVD WiFi iron, hairdryer, safe
Use of residents parking permit

• Related to: Historical Travel, Romantic Travel and Honeymoons, Budget Travel
  • Written December 13, 2011

Casa Andrea

• Silvel profile photo Silvel
  • Reviews: 3

Hotel Piemontese: Near the Railway Station

Good Hotel right beside the train station where the Airport Bus will drop you off for €1.70. Rooms were clean and tidy and staff were ok. The breakfast was very poor and if you are leving the hotel before 7 am, they can not give you a take away breakfast, because "it is delivered by a cattering company". So, you just loose your money for this service!

• Opinion of Price: more expensive than average
  • Related to: Family Travel, Business Travel, Architecture
  • Written June 19, 2010

• Svartkledd profile photo Svartkledd
  • Reviews: 12

L'Ambroziosa: Livin' Bergamo

We were 4 guys staying here for three nights.

It is an apartment, with one double bed in the bedroom and to single beds in the second floor. It is a combined kitchen and livingroom, and a nice bathroom.

Breakfast is included and you can eat at the "reception" in the old city, "Flora Bar".

Close to the old city, grat view over the flatlands south of Bergamo, and the hillside of Bergamo.

• Related to: Historical Travel, Romantic Travel and Honeymoons, Budget Travel
  • Written May 11, 2008

• montana32 profile photo montana32
  • Reviews: 22

5 out of 5 starsUser Rating

apartments delfina: apartment in via pignolo

we have stayed here 4 times,the owner has created 2 beautiful well appointed apartments with 2 double bedrooms and fully fitted kitchen and bathrooms
the location is perfect being a 5 minute walk to citta alta and a 10 minute walk to citta bassa
hotels tend to be expensive and overbooked in bergamo so if you are british like us its nice to be able to go home relax and make a cuppa.
the apartments are spotless and it is only around 20 euros from the airport in a taxi ,but the no.1 bus from the airport to citta alta stops at the top of via pignolo,so you then have a 125m walk to the apartments
there is a stunning church 50 m away but if church bells bother you best not go to italy
email me for contact details as i dont want the owner getting spammed plus we have more trips to book this year :-)
it works out a lot cheaper than hotels around 125 euros a night and sleeps up to4 adults and 2 kids

spotlessly clean ,well appointed (cooker but no oven or kettle) designer styling inside
great location

• Related to: Family Travel, Food and Dining
  • Written April 23, 2008

flat with a view

• babita72 profile photo babita72
  • Reviews: 2

5 out of 5 starsUser Rating

MarcoLaura in Bergamo: Loved it!

We spent the first night in MarcoLaura B&B and it was fantastic, we just wished we could have stayed 2 more nights but it was fully booked.
Marco & Laura are very friendly people and the pick up from the airport was really practical for us.
...and the area is really beautiful.

• Written February 29, 2008

• laura200772 profile photo laura200772
  • Reviews: 1

B&B MarcoLaura: MarcoLaura, an ideal place to stay

We stayed with Marco & Laura for two nights, celebrating our silver wedding anniversary, they could not do enough for us.

They booked us a table at a restuarant and arranged for a terrace table with the most wonderful views, food was great and reasonable as was the wine.

The accomodation has three lovely light rooms and are very spacious especially the "Sole Suit" with the private bathroom, very good value for money.

Breakfast on the roof terrace was a great start to the day with the sun shining.Location of village is superb, the lake has so much to do around it, peaceful walks, fishing,swimming or windsurfing if you fancy a go.

We will be back for longer next time and wish them both all the success they deserve but also wish to keep this place our secret so as not to spoil anything.

Also both Marco & Laura speak very good english and are happy to do so, although I will learn to speak some Italian before returning.

John & Laura McIntyre
Glasgow, Scotland

So many things, although the friendliness of the owners stands out

• Related to: Romantic Travel and Honeymoons, Budget Travel