San Giorgio

Tags

Road Trip Budget Travel Singles
See Amenities
angiebabe's Profile Photo

hotel in the city centre handy to the train stn

Good (3.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on December 18, 2008

If I had my time again I wouldnt have stayed here and would have paid a little more to stay up at the old town Bergamo Alta.

But I did stay here - I had managed to get the last parking space so luckily I did have free parking. It had snowed overnight so there was lots of snow in the car park which was being shovelled out.

Internet access was by wifi with internet payment required with credit card - 10 euro for 3 hours I think it was.

My single room was 50 euro without breakfast - the bathroom was okay, TV worked, and had very good heating.
I was getting a bit disgruntled with how accommodation seemed to cost so more in Italy than other european countries with less value or care.

Turska's Profile Photo

Might go back again

Great (4.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on August 18, 2008

We stayed here two nights.We tried to find even cheaper hotel,but there seemed to be none in Bergamo at July.Location was good for the railwaystation,maybe little far from old town.But we didn´t mind walking.If you want really close to old town,this is to wrong direction from railwaystation.They had no breakfast,but they had quite cheap coffee/teamachine at the lounge.Staff was friendly,rooms were big and clean-maybe little old style toilets,but clean also.Pleasant surprice was a balcony.I don´t know is it in all rooms.
Notice,that price is cheaper,when booked from Venere-I´ll put the link to it on"other"

Directions: About 1km to west from railwaystation.If you enter from Via san Giorgio,you will be behind the hotel,but you can go round it,just notice the stairs from backyard to front.

jhorsfield30's Profile Photo

Quick and easy and friendly staff

Great (4.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on June 4, 2005

Best priced hotel and for 30 euro's a night single with shared bathroom in a city, you cant go wrong.

Staff are curteous and friendly and willing to accomodate. The rooms are small but clean and well furnished.

The reception is onlt open 7am -> 12pm.

Good views from the windows and no trouble even at sat nights.

Unique Quality: Good vending machines dispensing hot drinks and quick snacks for 0.55 euro and a selection of magazines available.

TV in rooms

• Free Parking
  • Pets Allowed
  • Free High Speed Internet

Bergamo Travel Forum

Need advice about Bergamo, Italy? Visit the Travel Forum for Bergamo and ask our Answer Gurus.

Latest Bergamo hotel reviews