Via Borgosatollo, 30, Brescia, Lombardy, 25100, Italy
Expedia.com Booking.com Hotels.com

More about Brescia

Banco di Brescia (Brescia, Italy)Banco di Brescia (Brescia, Italy)

Corso Giuseppe Garibaldi (Brescia, Italy)Corso Giuseppe Garibaldi (Brescia, Italy)

Piazza della Loggia (Brescia, Italy)Piazza della Loggia (Brescia, Italy)

Chiesa di San Francesco d'Assisi (Brescia, Italy)Chiesa di San Francesco d'Assisi (Brescia, Italy)

What kind of town is Brescia?

by Turska

I have tried to find info about Brescia,and I have red all the tips in here also,but still I don´t know for sure would I like Brescia.
Is it lively at nights? I don´t mean night-clubs,I mean are they lots of restaurants to eat,and maybe some with nice traace to sit out and watch people. Are there pedestrian streets,or even an area of town without cars?
I´m just thinking,if we would go there for 4 or 5 nights,would we have relaxing time there. I saw there is some ruins and an old castle,witch is nice.But since we are allways staying up late at night,we have sometimes found ourselves at places,where all the restaurants will close early,and yhere´s "no-one" there.
It would be from sunday to friday in september, so not the liveliest weekend-time. (Because of the chepaer flights to Bergamo that way).We´ve allready been to Milan and Bergamo.

by Durfun

Brescia is lovely, and many trattorias stay open till late, serving fine cuisine & wines.

You'll love this town, as it's not too touristy like Rome & Venice. But it is a popular city to visit & a good choice!

by Turska

Thanks for you! That helped a lot!It would be so easily connected from Bergamo airport,and there seems to be quite warm still then :)
I did love Rome and Venice also,even if they are touristic.But on the other hand-I´m a tourist myself ;)

by Durfun

Sure, I realise you're visiting from FI, but Brescia has more local charm as it's not catering to a very high volume of tourists.

Mainly Italians go there for reflection! So, you'll be in good company :-)

by Redang

I really don't know at night, but by day, it's lovely. I visited it from Bergamo, another great city!

by Turska

We liked Bergamo too,but I think we saw it enough last time.
I think we have liked every town in Ialy anyway :D Maybe Garda(town) was little too crowdedand touristic.But we stayed there only some hours.
Now I just need to sell this idea to my husband ;) And maybe wait a while,so Ryanair gets tickets little cheaper.I´m allways booking too early,because I like to know that we are really going somwhere at our holliday!

by Turska

Now I have booked the flights :) It´s at september,but it´s nice to have something waiting.Expesially,when Finnish September might be stormy and grey..

Enjoy!

by Shinkicker

I liked Brescia too, a bit rough around the train station but an attractive town.

by Turska

Nice to hear :) We rented a big apartment with a big balcony for only 60e per night! It was cheaper than cheapest hotelroom those days. And since we had so busy holliday at june (19 town to sleep in 21 nights-and some more towns at daytime)it´s nice to have something oppsite of that at this another holliday. It´s just nice to walk lazy around and eat long breakfast at that balcony :) Let´s see if we can do it-we usually go running from sight to another! At least there seems to be something to see. And if we will get bored, we can hop to the train and visit some other town, and come back for night.It´s anyway only 3 and half days.

by Shinkicker

If the weather is good I would recommend a day trip by train to Desenzano or Peschiera on Lake Garda. Less than half an hour I think.

by Turska

Pechiera we have been, but I´ll keep that another one in mind! Thanks! We have also been to Bergamo, Milan, Verona, Venice (but I´ll never get tired of it!!!) and some other places at Garda-lake. We drove there by car from Finland three years ago.

Travel Tips for Brescia

Tennis courts bellow the castle

by croisbeauty

While exploring the castle hill, all the sudden I heard very fammiliar sound produced by the small yellow balls. The Tennis club, with 6 courts, is situated right bellow the castle walls which makes the shadow over the courts in the afternoon hours.
It is almost a habbit here in Italy to make the tennis courts next to the city walls because I saw such a clubs in Vicenza and Verona too.

Templo Capitolino e Teatro Romano

Capitolium and Roman Thatre

The Capitolium, built by the emperor Vespasian in 73 A.D., was a religious site and the monumental centre of ancient Brixia. The building was discovered in 1.823. It is a temple with three chambers

The Theatre was used for entertainment and public meetings and is calculated to have held fifteen thousand people. The forum, in front of the

Comments