Brescia Hotels

Our Members Say

• IreneMcKay profile photo IreneMcKay
  • Reviews: 2024

5 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Novotel Brescia Due: Pleasant, Relaxing Stay.

We stayed in the Novotel Brescia Due for six nights in December 2014/ January 2015.

To get to the hotel we travelled by train to Brescia train station, then exited the station and turned right towards Brescia Metro. We travelled one stop in the direction of Sant Euphemia and got off at Brescia Due. When we exited the metro we turned left and walked along the main road. We crossed one major road - I think it was called Malta Street. There are zebra crossings on it and on the next road we turned left and walked to the hotel. The walk took around 10 minutes or less.

Check in was efficient and friendly. Our room was wonderfully quiet and we slept really well every night. Everything in the room was very clean. The bed felt hard but was surprisingly comfortable. We had a fridge and tea/coffee making facilities. We had a room safe worked by a credit card, but it did not work at all. We did not complain; we just did not use it.

The only thing that annoyed me was that we came back one night to find no cups and glasses in the room and I got angry when I had to wait a long time for them to be replaced. Cups in Italian Novotels always seem to be paper cups and glasses plastic glasses which I also do not like.

We had breakfast every morning. The breakfast staff were always pleasant. Breakfast was extremely good. We loved the fresh bread. For hot foods there was Italian ham, scrambled egg and sausage. I normally ate bread, cheese, cold meat, tomatoes and boiled egg. There was also cereal, cakes and fruit. You could order freshly made coffee, but we generally just used the coffee machine. There was also a selection of teas.

At first we thought our room was a bit cold, but then we realized that we controlled the heating from inside the room and made it lovely and warm.

The hotel has a restaurant and bar but we did not use them. Directly opposite the hotel there is a large and excellent supermarket. This stays open till around 8PM. They have a great selection of breads, cold meat, cheeses and even hot food.

Above the supermarket there is a pizza restaurant called Blue Lagoon. You get to it via the lift. We had an excellent pizza here, though they do a whole range of food. We also ate in the Spieler Pizza Restaurant which we passed on the walk from the metro. It had pizzas and lots of other choices plus German draught beers. We had a lovely meal here too.

To get to the centre of Brescia by metro we travelled two stops to Vittoria Station which is right at Brescia's historical heart. If you walk in I believe it is around 2KM.

The hotel had an attractive outdoor swimming pool but of course it was not open in winter. The hotel had free wifi and the signal strength was good.

Check out was quick and efficient. Brescia is a beautiful place and it is very close to both Lake Iseo and Lake Garda. I would happily stay here again.

Nice and quiet, handy for the supermarket.

• Opinion of Price: about average
  • Written January 19, 2015

Our Room.

• Turska profile photo Turska
  • Reviews: 770

5 out of 5 starsUser Rating

La Fenice homelidays: What a lovely apartment!!

We stayed here 4 nights at september 2010. I think this was the best apartment we have ever had! Even if it wasn´t the most expensive one. At this time of the year it was even little cheaper than the hotels, but if you ask us, the apartment beats the hotel allways. It´s just much more comfortable to have your own privacy. And of course you´ll have more room then.

This apartment was modern (year of construction was 2009!) and very clean. Nothing was broken and no dusty smell.
It had three (!) balconys-witch is my dream to have at home one day (at least two), and one of them was so well sheltered from the wind and rain, that we could even sat out when it was a little rain or wind (it was still quite warm, about +25c at daytime and +18c at late night) and mostly it was not raining, so we ate breakfast ouside every time, we had some snacks after sightseeing at the balcony, and at the middle of the night, when we came from eating out, we had glas or two of wine outside at the balcony.
When we came, the owner took us from bus-station, and showed us the apartment. When he showed us the fridge, we ere amazed. We have allways had water waiting, and sometimes some sweets, but they had water, salami, blue cheese (witch we sadly don´t "undesrstand..", silly us!),yoghourt,tiramisu and bottle of prosecco!! There was also some bread and biscuits etc. Reallt wellcoming! The owners were really great, even if we spoke no Italian, and they spoke only few words of English, but we managed well!
I even thought that the place was romantic :) If we go back to area, we might take this again, and rent a car. They had also a garage.

All the goods at fridge was really unique. We had never seen anything like that!
Location was great for daytrips with train. You could walk to trainstation in 5 minutes, and bus-station was allmost as close, just behind the train station.

We would highly recommend this apartment!!

• Opinion of Price: less expensive than average
  • Related to: Romantic Travel and Honeymoons, Family Travel, Budget Travel
  • Written September 18, 2010

One of the balconys

• yelyah99 profile photo yelyah99
  • Reviews: 72

2 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Albergo Solferino: Cheap hotel in Brescia

Definitely just a place to crash if you've got one of those late-arriving ryanair flights. We paid 60 euros for a triple room, with external bathroom. It was OK, but a little unsettling for some reason. I'd only stay here if I had to. The decor was really old-fashioned and the staff weren't the friendliest - but they don't speak ANY English, so our inability to communicate didn't exactly help. It wasn't a terrible place to stay... but I think I'll find somewhere else if I find myself in Brescia again.

very near the bus and train station

• Opinion of Price: less expensive than average
  • Written October 4, 2003

• venteeocho profile photo venteeocho
  • Reviews: 542