Via Bordigallo Domenico 19, Cremona, 26100, Italy

Cremona stationCremona station

Travel Tips for Cremona

Soarza

by Nemorino

On my way back from Busseto to Cremona by bicycle I tried a slightly different route, which I won't recommend because it turned out to be something of a detour, but it did have the advantage of getting me into the picturesque village of Soarza, which belongs to the municipality of Villanova sull'Arda in the Province of Piacenza (which is in the region Emilia-Romagna).

In 1998 three "late middle-aged" Canadian couples took a bicycle tour through this part of Italy, and their diary entry for Day 12 includes this mention of Soarza:

"Day 12 (77 km): We headed east on a sunny Sunday, taking back roads wherever we could. In the village of Soarza we were entertained by the beautiful sounds of the church bells. We stopped for a glass of wine at a cafe where all the local men were sitting in very vocal conversation. They were quite interested in our bikes (and our wives!)"

Second photo: When I came through at the end of March the fruit trees were just starting to blossom.

Third photo: Sign at the entrance to Soarza.

45° 2'36.31" North; 10° 0'40.07" East