Cremona Hotels

• Elainehead profile photo Elainehead
  • Reviews: 555

4 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Ibis - Cremona: Great value for one night

We didn't come to Cremona for touristic reasons, but to rest a bit after a 3-hour drive. We hate long-distance driving. Found a good deal on their website, € 57 for a double-room. Without a GPS, it's a bit hard to find this hotel. The directions from their website was a bit useless, since it doesn't mention on what number the hotel is. Via Mantova is long and it lacks street signs. Thankfully, we stopped at a gas station to ask for directions. We were actually on the opposite direction...

The area around the hotel isn't attractive and it's worse on a Monday, since most shops/restaurants/museums are closed. The hotel has their own private parking, but we parked at the back of the building which is free and apparently not dangerous.

The hotel staff was very helpful when we asked about somewhere to have a bite on a Monday night.

From my experience, Ibis rooms tend to be very compact, but this one was bigger than usual. The bedroom and bathroom were clean. I actually love Ibis' mattress.

My only complaint was the hinged bath screen. Despite the hinged bath screen, water would leak . So if you aren't careful while taking a shower, the floor will probably flood (I exaggerate a bit when I say flood, but you will see it when you are there enjoying your shower).

Breakfast was okay. A bit expensive (€ 8.50) but you can eat as much as you want from the buffet.

Just thought it was weird seeing nobody eating at their restaurant... After all, it may be true what it's mention on a tripadvisor review...

• Opinion of Price: less expensive than average