Club da Baia Boutique Hotel

Via 20 Settembre 44, Piazza Ferrari 1, Brenzone, 37010, Italy

• suvanki's Profile Photo

Boutique hotel on lakeside

This hotel is ideally located right on the lakeside, between the small mooring harbour and the ferry landing, near to a small pebble beach.

Its selling point is that it has a Mediterranean ambiance, unique to Lake Garda. The interior is bright and light with modern minimalist decoration and furnishings. Owned by a German couple. Popular with wind surfers/Water sporters

On arriving at the hotel I found a note on reception for me to call a number- which I eventually managed to do - I was told that someone would be there soon - 2 hours later after another call , I was eventually checked in!. Apparently the manager had assumed that I would be arriving from the UK at 1800hrs- he didn't know that I'd come from Padua.

Well once I got into my room, and fortified with a 'welcome beer' I soon let this hiccup pass - my room had a great view of the lake and the small harbour from its balcony, where I enjoyed viewing the sunsets and even one sunrise!.

I really enjoyed staying here - it was quite laid back-my room was comfortable, and the breakfasts were the best I had during my 12 days in Italy. It was a great start to the day, enjoying a leisurely breakfast on the terrace overlooking the lake.

The minuses were that one night it was very hot, and I had a poor nights sleep - a fan or air con would have been welcome. There was also a lack of 'freebies' for a Boutique hotel, I was expecting shampoo, soap, hairdryer etc at least. Again this was just a minor quibble. The staff were friendly and helpful, there was a nice atmosphere, a great location and I would certainly stay here again.

Unique Quality: Rm 13 (single room) has views over the small harbour and the lake, from its small balcony.

The single rooms are advertised as being more basic.

Single bed with duvet, desk, phone, wardrobe.

Bathroom with good shower, wc, bidet, basin, fluffy towels. Strip lights set into the walls.

small 'step out' balcony.

There is a rooftop penthouse suite - see webpage for more info/pics

Modern, minimalist style - light furnishings.

Breakfasts included fresh fruit salad, yogurt, muesli, cereals, tomatoes, salami, cheese, Fresh bread / rolls, pastries and cakes, preserves. Tea, coffee, hot chocolate, fresh fruit juice.

Background music - relaxing jazz

There is a restaurant , but I didn't eat here, although the menu looked good.

Directions: From the bus stop, (from Peschiera) cross the road. Head L. down the slope and You'll arrive at the small harbour - the hotel is on your right hand side before the harbour.
    From the ferry turn right- its a few metres in front of you.

Comments