Strada Provinciale 51, Lecco, 23864, Italy
Clarion Collection Hotel Griso
Expedia.com Booking.com Venere.com

More about Lecco

Vallo delle Mura (Lecco, Italy)Vallo delle Mura (Lecco, Italy)

Piazza Garibaldi (Lecco, Italy)Piazza Garibaldi (Lecco, Italy)

Piazza Zermenati (Lecco, Italy)Piazza Zermenati (Lecco, Italy)

Lago Lecco (Italy)Lago Lecco (Italy)

Boat landing in Lecco

by dculpepper

Hello. We are considering taking the boat from Bellagio to Lecco and renting a car from a rental company on Via Ettore Monti, 59/A, 23851 Galbiate-Lecco. I would like to know where the Lecco boat landing is, maybe address, so I can determine how far we need to travel to the car rental company. I'm assuming we would need to take a cab. Is this correct? Are there cabs waiting at the boat landing or would we need to request one? Thank you so for your help! Dana

by microsensazione

Hello!

I have tried to do a test using Google Map with these assumptions:
- BEGIN is the boat landing in "Lungolario Cesare Battisti" Lecco
- END is a rental company in "Via Ettore Monti, 59/A, 23851 Galbiate-Lecco"

I don't know your habits so it's difficult to suggest the right choice anyway, with assumptions above, you'll need by feet less than 20 minutes to reach the target (about 1,5 km).
I should say it is the best choice in terms of time and costs.

by dculpepper

Thank you! Your answer was very helpful. The most difficult part of planning my trip in northern Italy with Google maps is that I don't know the names of the train stations or boat landings. There are 6 adults traveling together. In case some do not feel like walking on that day, are taxi's down at the boat landing? Or would we need to call one? Thanks again! Dana

by microsensazione

I am not sure about presence of taxis at Lecco boat landing because I landed from boats only in Varenna and Bellagio, but never in Lecco. Anyway I suggest to search some taxis phone numbers.
Six persons to the car rental?!! If possible, I'd suggest four persons wait at the boat stop and the other two go to the rental car office, keep the car and come back.
About name of stations you don't know, feel you free to post your questions to VT forums, or contact me by VT mail or contact directly VT people living not so far from stations your are searching for the name: they USUALLY have the most reliable information.

Welcome in my Country!
Fabrizio

by dculpepper

Thank you. Very good ideas. We love Italy and are very excited about this trip. Thanks again! Dana

Travel Tips for Lecco

- www.enit.it/comuniris.asp?Lang=ES&ID=1044
- www.turitalia.com/pueblos_de_italia/lecco/lecco.html

Mountains above Lecco

by Aurorae

Lecco lies in between very high and beautiful mountains: Grigna, Resegone, San Martino... There are thousands of possibilities for hiking, mountain climbing, trekking or simply staying in the nature, with spectacular views! The paths are from the easiest to most difficult ones, there is a little bit of everything for everyone!

More Mountains!!!

by Aurorae

Along the path you'll find several interesting spots, like this cross that gets snowed in in the winter, but it's one of the landmarks of mountains above Lecco (especially if you see the next photo!), and perhaps one of the most photographed points.

Still climbing

by Aurorae

Whichever mountain you climb around Como lake, you're guaranteed a spectacular view!
However, you can be unlucky and meet the "fog", which is not the real fog, but the "state" of air at that moment, that reduces the visibility, and thus prevents clear shots and full enjoyment in beautiful sceneries.

very steep!

by Aurorae

The cliffs can go down vertically for several hunderd meters! Down in the abyss you'll see the lake and houses, and it's really a mighty feeling to stand there on the top and look down...
Be sure to wear appropiate shoes! ;)

Comments