Via Iv Novembre 3, Limone sul Garda, Lake Garda, 25010, Italy
Booking.com Expedia.com Hotels.com

Costs 59% more than similarly rated 4 star hotels

More about Leonardo Da Vinci Hotel

The Da Vinci experience

My wife and I have just returned from the hotel leonardo da vinci in limmone and I can honestly say that we had a super holiday. We met some really nice people and thanks to Pete and Rick and their wives it made the evenings fly by. The hotel has just changed to all inclusive and as its the first time for the hotel to offer this form of accommodation there are a few teething problems but, JOHNNY the restaraunt manager, come saviour, is doing his best to help everyone have a really good holiday.
The main problem the weeks we went was that the Germans had their whitsun? holidays and the place was rampant with running screaming children especially during the evening and even worse during meal times. Apparently, this only happens at the beginning of june for a period of two weeks so it will no doubt be quieter after mid-june.
The entertainment/animation was rather diabolical (except the musical evenings) and not well thought out and certainly did not appeal to the adult holiday maker. The animation team tried their best but it was very immature. Most people walked into Limmone ( about 30 mins walk) and came back for the last hour or so before the bar closed at 11pm. The beach facilities were good except that the beach bar was not open until july so we had to walk back to the Hotel for drinks and food. The lunch menu was not very good and very little of it apart from salad, a dry pasta dish and chips. Beach games and watersport only started the day before we came home. Neverthe less the half hour in a canoe was very pleasing and enjoyable, and amusing to the onlookers
All in all we had a nice holiday meeting new friends such as Richard, Lisa, Joe and Julie. Lake Garda is very big. The other resorts are really nice. Its worth a trip to Malchesine and up the gondula to Monte Baldo, the scenery is stunning. Apart from that I would recommend a visit and hopefully, the hotel will be more organised. I doubt I will go back as we have seen what we wanted to see.

Loved it, but the pool bar manager's customer service is atrocious.

by TripAdvisor Member l-anne0310

I stayed at the Leonardo Da Vinci hotel for 2 weeks for my summer holiday. I had booked a standard room and was delighted to be told on arrival that we had been upgraded at no extra charge to a superior suite. As this included air conditioning which the former did not have, this was a major bonus.
I found the standard of cleanliness and food to be excellent compared to other half board packages I have been on and the service in the dining room was really good. In stark contrast the man who served at the pool bar was awful. The length of time spent waiting on overpriced lunch was unacceptable, and when I complained I was treated with what can only be described a s contempt. Needless to say I stopped lunching there.
I liked the evening entertainment as I think it added to the ambience of the surroundings and the village of Limone is beautiful.
The only reason I would not return here is the length of the transfer from Verona airport (2.5 hours) in a non air conditioned mini bus, but I will return to the Lakes ( God willing) and next time will try a village closer to the airport. I would recommend this destination to adults who want a relaxing holiday with gorgeous scenery and excellent food and wine.

Understand what you are getting for the All inclusive deal

by TripAdvisor Member preaney

Well we have just come back from the Leonardo Da Vinci hotel in Lake Garda this was our third and final visit! , this year it became an all inclusive venue and it has detracted some what from our previous two years visits.

The Hotel is fine although a bit run down now and is in desperate need of re-modernisation.

The Staff are absoloutly wonderfull and are so helpfull. Johnny the restaurant manager is king!

The location & Views are stunning.

The room we had in Block 3 had a very poor view and would suggest that you book a room with a lake view.

Entertainment 7/10

The Downside: All inclusive has detracted the hotel's Italian ambiance into a cattle market nobody goes out in the evenings and the hotel is simply not big enough to cope with that many people being there!!. The hotel is being geared towards family's in a big way and needless to say that there were a lot of unruly children running around the hotel screaming etc.

The Brealfast & Evening meals i would rate 9/10

The lunchtime food was (complimentary lunch) appalling Chips,pasta, grated carrot, grated cabbage, bread roles etc. You could not buy anything different to suppliment this so called "Complimentary lunch"

If they removed the all inclusive option from this hotel we would go back and our rating would be "Above Average"

I hope trhis information is helpfull to other fellow travellers.

Not for young children

by TripAdvisor Member CapeT

We recently stayed at the hotel for a week with 2 young children (3 and 1). Our family room was in the main building directly above the bar, which makes for an interesting nights sleep! With loud entertainment going on until 11pm there is no chance of getting your children to sleep. On complaining I was told that the entertainment was for the children and we should join in - 11pm is slightly later than normal for my children!

Food was excellent and although I agree it is a bit of a bun fight and detracts from the Italian spirit of the Lake, at least we felt comfortable eating with the children.

On the matter of babysitting, we assumed that there would be babysitting facilites given that the Parc hotel website specfically states this. however much to our shock this was not the case so you need to be sure you wnat to go to bed when the children are tired.

Finally the walk to the town is about 25 minutes and not as close as I had thought which makes evening drinks after dinner (if you were able to - no children) a non-starter.

Definitely better places to stay, unless you must have all inclusive.

brilliant

Me and my wife stayed in this hotel and found it absolutely amazing.
The staff are fabulous, the food excellent.
You honestly could not fault this amazing hotel for location and ambience.
All the complaints on here about the entertainment are untrue (in our opinion) this was the best hotel we've stayed in in a long while (and we are avid travellers!)
Food was varied and high quality and the resort is perfect for families and couples alike.

3 star hotel definately not 4 star

by TripAdvisor Member Monique-Lydia

We have just returned from 1 week at the Leonardo Da Vinci. First impressions were disappointing, despite booking a superior room, on arrival there was only a lake view if you went to the end of the patio and looked around the corner, the room was small, and cramped with the sofa bed up for our 5 year old, restricting access to outside area. The room however, was clean, and the bathroom was of a high standard. Enquires with staff to change our room were met with the offer of a worse location with no view at all. Be aware that although the hotel is all inclusive and you will not need much cash, the reception will ask for a refundable cash deposit for a safety deposit key and a hairdyer (which are said to be supplied in the room) of 50 euros in total. The sun loungers at the main pool area are packed in with limited personal space. The activites during the day are repetative, and food is served between 1230hrs and 1400hrs only, at the pool or the beach bar. Seats in the shade were at a premium, and we never got one. I would have appreciated the opportunity to eat inside out of the sun as the midday heat was almost unbearable. Lunch itself was either chips or pasta with salad, and there was no opportunity to buy anything else within the hotel. All meals were self service, including drinks, resulting in people constantly walking around the dining room bumping into each other, and a very noisy atmosphere. Food was plentiful and there was a good choice in the evening, breakfast choice could have been better, everything was very salty.
My 5 year old was happy to join in the kids club, the early childrens meals, and loved the kids "disco" (the same 4 songs every night in various languages which you will know by heart after a week). She had a fab time, lake garda is lovely, I would return, however, the cost of the holiday was certainly comparable with other 4/5* hols we have had, but the hotel experience was definately 3*. We did the Hilton in malta for cheaper last year, whilst malta might not be as picturesque the hotel was what it purported to be, frankly if you stay at the Leonardo da vinci, you are restricted in the evening because of its location and the free shuttle bus stops at 6.15pm, and the food and entertainment in the hotel is such, that you could be anywhere in the med. Not a bad holiday just a bit disappointed with the standard of the hotel which appears to be in decline.

Excellent time in Limone

by TripAdvisor Member TSet

We were in a party of two families and have returned from a one week stay at Leonardo Da Vinci in early August.
We all had a fantastic time and would not hesitate in recommending this hotel. The food was plentiful and of a very good quality, and drinks and other refreshments throughout the day and evening was always available. The room we had was very good and was kept spotlessly clean by the hotel staff.
The town of Limone was beautiful and we enjoyed walking around the quaint streets enjoying the scenery which was stunning - we would definitely recommend the seafood spaghetti at Gemma's restaurant.
We spent most of our time at the private beach which was very peaceful and again provided stunning scenery. The evening ferry trip to Malcesine to go to the opera at the castle was an unforgettable experience - including the return trip across the Lake at midnight in a thunder storm.
Only grumble was the main pool which got very busy and noisy - and attracted a few of the hotel entertainers trying to sell CD's and T-shirts a little too enthusiastically. However, this was a minor grumble and would thouroughly recommend this hotel and the Lake generally for an unforgettable time.

Leonardo Da Vinci was great but for the trek to the room.

by TripAdvisor Member purerain

I have just returned from a 10 day holiday at the Leonardo da Vinci. I stayed with my husband, daughter and 14 yr old grandson. It was quite enjoyable but the 14 yr old was a bit bored. And we had to buy a pack of playing cards to amuse him although they do seem to keep a few board games in reception. There was plenty of food and it was quite tasty. The drinks were OK but I soon opted for the still and sparkling water. I was a bit disappointed that the free shuttle bus stopped at 6.30 pm which made it difficult to go into Limone for the evening. And it is too far to walk if you are like me - used to travelling everywhere by car. But I did manage to make it there and back on one occasion. Please be aware of the hotel location when you book as there is a busy road outside the hotel which worried me all week as there were plenty of kids running about the hotel. I had not noticed that the hotel was not suitable for people with walking conditions so be sure to read the hotel information carefully. Be aware that the hotel is situated on a number of sites which are close to the main building but all are up steep hills with either a road or steps to climb up. As I have a back problem I spent most of the week looking for the shortest route to my room which had the least steps. At the end of the week I was not quite as out of breath as I was at the start but it was a bit of a ordeal for me and I did notice other people were also out of breath. The steps from the main building to the start of the walk to my room were a bit of a hazard as I am slow walking down steps as I have to walk with the same foot down each time - if you see what I mean ( you will if you have back problems) . So I would take the lift to the 2nd floor which was one small flight above the entrance and walk down this flight and going back up I would walk up one flight and then got the lift down. I think people must have thought I was mad but it was much easier. My advice to you if you are going to book is to book a room in the main building - I think they may be Superior Rooms but it would be worth the extra money. We were told when we arrived that we had been upgraded to a Superior Room - which we had and it was nice and had a lovely terrace which was quite near the pool but quite private. You could almost see the lake and you could see the mountains which was nice. And we were able to get our lunch from the pool bar and take it back to our room to eat on the terrace. The only thing that spoilt the room was the location and the trek to it and I suppose I was one of the lucky ones other people had much further to walk than me. I probably would have needed a ski lift to get me further up the hill. Bit of advice if you are going to sit in the bars outside make sure you are undercover as when we were there it often rained in the evening. If you find all the table and chairs have been taken ask if they can bring more tables out - they did not seen as if they really wanted to do this but they did do it. I would have really have enjoyed the stay at the hotel but for the walk to my room so don't be put off unless you are on the lazy side like me.

Absolutely Fab!!!

by TripAdvisor Member Alice-Lea

My partner and I have just arrived back from a fantastic two week holiday here.

I cannot understand how anyone can have anything negative to say. With people like Jonny running the restaurant and the politeness and helpfulness of the reception staff, nobody could or should fault the manners, hard work and commitment of the staff.

The all inclusive was brilliant (even for a fussy eater like me), the reason being they had so many options, with numerous dishes available. Granted, not all available dishes may have been to be my liking, but we all enjoy different foods and I don't expect a hotel menu to always please every individual.

As for day time activities, there was no time to be bored. With ferries travelling on the hour to all other towns on the lake, this was a fantastic way of sight-seeing and visiting other areas. There are also excursions available to the Dolomites, Venice, Verona, Florence and Milan, to name but a few. And for those who like to stay close to the hotel, the hotel itself offers two large swimming pools, a private beach and the opportunity to take part in many day time activities such as darts, beach volleyball, football, crazy golf, aerobics, yoga.... and for the water fanatics, free use of kayaks, pedalos and wind surfs.

Last of all the lake itself, just beautiful! To wake up every morning, and see the sun rising over the mountains of the lake was incredible.

I’m sure as you have guessed by reading this, I loved the hotel, the staff, the food, the location and for me and my partner it will always be a holiday to remember for the right reasons.

Lovely Honeymoon

by TripAdvisor Member trach

We have just returned from 10days at this hotel, which was for our honeymoon. We had booked private transfers which were excellent and worth the money, instead of a 3 hour trip it only took us about 1 1/2. We had booked a superior room with a lake view. We were in room 5309 and the view was great and lovely to look at at night. I will agree with other reviews and say this hotel is staggered over different sites from the main building adn there is alot of walking involved up and down hills. I am 20 weeks pregnant and it was at times a little hard but being in my late 20's I didn't struggle too much. It is about a 20 min walk into Limone and it is mainly on the flat from the hotel off the main road along a path that runs along the side. The walk is pretty as you get to see lots and walk through olive groves. We walked to limone and back nearly everyday as we have the hotel bus service a bit unreiible! They work to ther time in Italy!!
The pool werent that over crowded and there were loads of lounges in the shade if you wanted one. I loved the top pool with the water slide, mainly aimed at kids but I joined in with the other adults!
The food was good and there was a variety most evenings. It was fresh and hot. The lunch was also good and was normally pasta, chips and salad. Alot of people were moaning about it but I couldnt see why.
The rooms were cleean and comfortable, but our only problem was the hot water. Between 5 - 7ish we never seemed to be able to get a hot shower. We did become wise and decided to take showers a little bit earlier than everyone else if we were around and then chill out on our balcony.
I loved my honeymoon and our holiday.
Considering we do go all inclusive to the carribean, I would say it is more a 3* hotel and not a 4*. It is great value for money but I think I would go b&b here just to go out and enjoy the resuarants in Limone.
If you are used to long haul all inclusive this isnt really in the same league as them.
I would recommend this holiday for families & couples but I think due to the hills etc and how far it is from the town for older people they may struggle.

Comments