Via Emilia, Localita San Grato, Lodi, Lombardy, 26900, Italy

Hotels.com Expedia.com Booking.com

• SabrinaSummerville's Profile Photo

Miles from Monza

Our purpose in going to Italy on this particular tri-p was to attend the Grand Prix at Monza. This was organised by a friend and she chose the hotel. It was about 40 miles from Monza and each day we had to get a taxi, then a train, followed by another train, to the motodrome. Sometimes we'd miss the train and this would result in a maniacal run from bus to another bus to a train to another train. And amounts of walking! I wasn't expecting that.

Apart altogether from that let's talk about the hotel itself.

It was clean and the staff were polite.

It is said to be a four star hotel, but I have stayed in guesthouses that were better. We were accomodated in chalets at the back of the hotel and I simply wasn't expecting that at all.

The beds were of the very tiny European single variety and the room was basic.

There was a restaurant in the hotel and the food there was good, though the menu was sparse in what it offered and never changed. This probably explains why there was never anyone in the dining room.

There was also a bar in the lobby, but again nobody ever drank there.

I am not sure who this hotel would suit, but let's just say I won't be rushing back there.

Unique Quality: There isn't a pool, the view is of a motorway....what can I say?

Comments