Via A. Palazzi 1

Port LuinoPort Luino

Lago MaggioreLago Maggiore

Bus from Luino to Bergamo

by Turska

My parents are at Luino,ad going to Bergamo at saturday.For some reason(I can´t understand) they would like to go by bus,nott by train.They send me a sms,and asked if I would search is it possible.I didn´t find bus-connection.-if someone knows that there is,please let me know.I believe,that they have to go by train.They are not going to airport,they have hotel at Bergamo centre.

by Manara

Your parents are probably trying to find a bus because they have discovered that the train route from Luino to Bergamo requires 2 changes (at least).
Until last year it was possible to take a bus from Luino to Milan, and then the train to Bergamo, but the direct bus line between Luino and Milan has been cancelled last year, after it had been operative for 60 years.
I am afraid your parents will ahve to take the train after all.

by Turska

O.k.Thanks for info.I didn´t think they should change more than one time,because they went to Luino from Milan last weekend,and I understood that it was straight connection.But after all,we have been only at sms-connection,maybe they did change a train.We did go from Milan to Bergamo month ago by train,and it was straight connection.But wé didn´t visit Luino-We stayed as long,but we took aflight to Rome instead of Luino,Milan and Bergamo we recomended them.

by Manara

The connection between Milan and Bergamo is direct, but between Luino and Milan they are likely to have a change in Gallarate. However, I think there must be a direct train to Milan at about 8 in the morning.

by Jesperp

Here is the website of Trenitalia: http://www.trenitalia.com/en/index.html
Regards Jesper

by Turska

Thanks for you both!I believe early morning isn´t a problem to them.They are retirement,they have plenty of time to sleep back home ;) They just are new to this kind of traveling-usually they drive around Europe with own car,and don´t need timetables.And seems that in Luino no-one speaks German,witch they speak best after Finnish.

by Turska

Looks like there´s more than one traight train-connection.Thanks again!

Travel Tips for Luino

A day in Luino

by barbskie

This town is located in the Northern part of the Varese province, on the shore of Lake Maggiore in a wide inlet near the Swiss border. It is an industrial, commercial and tourist centre thus considered the most important town of the Lombardian shore. It is worth visiting here !

Comments