Via Mazzini 27, Menaggio, 22017, Italy

Menaggio - beautiful town on Lake ComoMenaggio - beautiful town on Lake Como

Morgan in MenaggioMorgan in Menaggio

Restaurants in Menaggio

by dculpepper

Hello. We will be arriving in Menaggio on the bus from Lugano. Then taking a boat over to Bellagio. We will have about an hour layover from the arrival time to the boat's departure time. Is there a good place to eat while we are waiting on the boat? Thanks, Dana

Hello again Dana.
It depends on when you'll arrive at Menaggio. Anyway I think an hour layover to eat something (and in a good place) is too little. You know, food in my Country is an important thing, we are slow and I think you'll need at least one hour and half. If you have more time in Bellagio I'd chose to go there even if I found prices higher than Menaggio.
If in your program there is a visit in Varenna too, well, I tasted over there a very good restaurant; take a look on "http://www.ilcavatappiwine-food.it/"
It is a very very small restaurant so, in case you think to go there, remember to book in advance.

Fabrizio

by dculpepper

Hello Fabrizio. We will leave Lugano on the 11:28 AM bus. There is only one bus per day that goes to Menaggio and arrives at 12:30 PM. I have looked at several different sites and am a little confussed on the times of boat departures from Menaggio to Bellagio. Looks as if there may be one at 13:05 that goes to Varenna first. Then one at 14:05 which goes straight to Bellagio. The next is at 14:50 which also stops in Varenna first. If the timing between our arrival by bus and the departure by boat is good, I would like to go on to Bellagio, check into the hotel & then find a restaurant. Is that what you would suggest? Thanks again!

by microsensazione

Let me half an hour to take a look about.

by microsensazione

I think you have luggages so I believe the more comfortable chose is Menaggio -> Varenna -> Bellagio (hotel and after search for a restaurant).
You'll leave Menaggio at 13.05 so I think you'll reach Bellaggio at about 13.45.
One possible issue: restaurants could close at 14.30...

An other way, less comfortable, could be to reach Varenna (leaving Menaggio at 13.05), have lunch in Varenna and after go to Bellagio.

Now I'm working on an other interesting solution but I need some minutes to complete my researches.

by microsensazione

Here I am with an other possible plan:

By train leave "Lugano" at 9.48 and arrive in "Como S.Giovanni" at 10.14...
...and by boat leave "Como" at 11.10 (12.25 on weekdays) and arrive in Bellagio at 11.53 (13.07 on weekdays)

To reach the boat from "Como S.Giovanni" train station you have 750 meters (the departing shore is in "Piazza Cavour").

You could verify this plan taking a look on the following links:
About trains:

About boats:

Hope to be useful!
Fabrizio

Travel Tips for Menaggio

Takes Me Back

by tpal

On vacation the unexpected is what I relish. I am not much of a car enthusiast, at least, not these days. But, in 1967 driving was much more than mere transportation. On a pleasant June afternoon I fell in love with ... a white Morgan sports car. In the blink of an eye the decision was made. I would return after dinner with checkbook in hand and she would be mine.

Home now. Full of excitement and anticipation. Pickup the mail and rush inside. "What's this fat manila envelope?" What's this !@*#! "Greetings", from Uncle Sam? I was drafted into the military. :-(((

That would be the closest I'd ever be to the dream car of my youth until Carol and I turned a corner in Menaggio. Carol seemed puzzled by my sudden lack of interest architecture and my uncharacteristic automobile fascination, but I was stunned. There she was just as remembered her, leather hood strap and all. I guess 37 years later the spark is still there.

Menaggio

by rlw1153

"Menaggio Villa Camila"

We stayed at a villa in the small village above Menaggio. Driving to and from the lake shore was an adventure but the views and the quiet were well worth it. Three families, two rental cars and a wonderful center point to sight see!

The plaza in Menaggio is quaint but also the city hub. Reservations are suggested for dinner. Walk in are very hard to get in at a reasonable hour.

Good base for travelling around Como-lake

by annamantere

Most of all Menaggio is a good base for budget-travellers travelling around Como-lake, because of it´s hostel and the camping area. It is a pretty town too, but you have to get away from the touristic boulevard...
www.menaggio.com