Via Re Magi, 6, Menaggio, 22010, Italy
Priceline.com Booking.com

More about Menaggio

Menaggio - beautiful town on Lake ComoMenaggio - beautiful town on Lake Como

Menaggio's promenade view toward BellagioMenaggio's promenade view toward Bellagio

Ferry Location in Menaggio

by coconutwireless

Aloha tree dwellers
We will need to take the local bus from Menaggio to Lugano once we arrive by ferry from Varena.
My question:
Is the ferry dock close walking distance to Piazza Garibaldi where I need to wait for the bus?
traveling with Aloha
the coconut wireless

Re: Ferry Location in Menaggio

by Mikebond

Aloha,
I have found on Google maps that the distance between the dock and Piazza Garibaldi in Menaggio is 0.5 km. It says it should take you 6 minutes on foot.

Re: Ferry Location in Menaggio

by Billy16

Menaggio is a small town with one side of Piazza Garibaldi open to the lake side which is where the bus will pick you up from. Looking on to the lake from the piazza the ferry terminal is to your right ans as previously stated, a short 5 min walk.

Bus tickets can be bought from the Tabacchi in the piazza.

Remember to take your passport with you as there are 2 border checks with border police coming on board the bus,and while I have not been asked to show my passport, I have seen someone occaisionaly being asked.

Regards,

Billy

Travel Tips for Menaggio

Great touristinfo

by annamantere

there´s a good touristinfo in the town. It´s on the mainsquare. They have good info-leaflets about events both in Menaggio and around Menaggio. Staff is very helpful and friendly, plus speaks good english. Drop in to find out if there´s a feast or a market happening in the town you shouldn´t miss.

Menaggio - Commercial Center of the Upper Lario

by tpal

"Local Favorite"

Menaggio is larger than most of the towns we visited around Lake Como. It was also more crowded than most other places. But, also unlike many other places Menaggio seemed to be much more popular with the local residents. It was Sunday afternoon and the town was jumping. Parking was at a premium and the cafes were buzzing. Apparently, the piazza along the lakeside promenade is a prime gathering spot for motorcycle enthusiasts. No Harleys here. Very sleek Italian and Japanese speedsters lined the curb. Most notable were lots of colorful leather outfits and lots of flirting. In a sort of odd juxtaposition was the public bingo game set up in the square.

We, of course, decided to explore. It was our first full day on Lake Como and our first exposure to what would become routine but never boring... climbing the cobblestone walkways. As soon as we left the main streets we were nearly alone to wander and discover hidden courtyards, secluded gardens and private lanes. Eventually, we returned to the lakeside promenade, joined the locals and enjoyed a beautifully landscaped walk with signature views across the lake to Bellagio and beyond.

Please click below if you are interested in seeing all my Lake Como Tips.
Lago di Como

Menaggio & Varenna

by vivimero

"Relax"

Menaggio
29th –30th june 2002

We woke up early to be a saturday morning because the previous night we had to leave the car in a parking place because was too messy to drive around in Milan. We had a lovely dinner at Ornella’s with Marvita. We chatted till 11 and it was our 1st time using the tube at night. That night don’t ask me why but we were not able to sleep properly, what’s was brothering me? Can also be the stress for the illness of my aunt and so on...
Anyway we parked in Como and that bastard close to us hit our car and run away without even leaving the name on a paper. The damage is not big but not even small, I can estimate around 500 €. What a prick...We went to buy some perfumery stuff in our usual perfumerie we like St. Barth, Penhaligon’s and usually she fulfill me with samples. We had lunch at our fave place in Osteno . The real name of the restaurant is Isolabella but we call it Sciavata because the owner always walks with sleepers. Too bad there was not the appetizer of 3 smoked fishes- but food was good.
We cannot go there often anymore and you know why.....my brother-in-law.
Then we drove to Menaggio and arrived to the Hotel Sonenga . It was a pleasant surprise, relaxing, lovely. Great bed-room with a terrace (online there are all the pictures) and a huge bathroom newly re-dome with a shower so huge like in the movies on the screen...where 2 people together can go inside and have a...sh...ower... We had riushed on the swimming-pool of the hotel for the whole afternoon and it was not hot at all. The water of the pool was warm and it was pleasant to swim inside.I really enjoyed the place. Paolo took a sauna also there is a gymn and the area where the hotel is, lay on a residential area. Very quiet. Paolo and I love the lakes.Then at 9o’clock there was the party of Gloria. It was among the guests also one of the boss of my bank. He is married with a friend of Grazia, Gloria’s sister. She got the bouquet at my wedding.
I guess He, the boss, had found me very talkative and at the end he run away from us...
Maybe he was not hating me but I had this idea and really I rarely am wrong. He was actually avoiding me. Am I so chatty? They are in London almost on the same week and when we said that he was almost fainting like: “ My God...she will bump into us during all the week”. The dinner was great: They cooked a delicious pears and chocolate cake (I have the recipe now) and Pasta sald: rice pesto and cherry tomato and a pasta salad with Stilton and strawberries .
Sunday:
We woke up (cold breeze at night) and had breakfast on the terrace of the hotel overlooking the woods. So relaxing..then walked down to the town (5 mintes walking from the hotel...quite hard when climbing up again!) and took a ferry to Varenna . We walked along the passerella , the lake’ border ‘walk. We had visited Villa Monastero and Villa Cipressi. I liked more Villa Cipressi. The gardens are both great But in Villa Cipressi, that is also an hotel, there was lovely patio by the lake where you could seat and write. A place to keep in mind.
I didn’t want to leave the hotel , I would have loved to stay there, by the pool for a good week..it would be lovely.

Menaggio from the ferry

"Varenna"

The bedroom in our fabulous hotel.

"Hotel Sonenga"

In the pool..

"Lungolago"

Menaggio

"Lungolago di Menaggio"

The cake of Gloria's birthday. It was so good...

Gloria