La Dependance

Via Pesce 3, Menaggio, 22017, it
Booking.com Priceline.com

More about Menaggio

View from the front deck.View from the front deck.

Menaggio - beautiful town on Lake ComoMenaggio - beautiful town on Lake Como

MenaggioMenaggio

Travel from Lugano to Menaggio

by dculpepper

Hi guys. I have 6 adults traveling together and appear to be the go to person for organizing the complete trip. So, I need help. When we leave Lugano, we will either travel on the bus to Menaggio or I'm considering the idea of a car driver taking us to Menaggio. FYI - I have not even started looking for a driver yet but have a few questions.

1.) What is the best way to get from Hotel Walter au Lac, Piazza Rezzonico 7, 6900 Lugano to the station for the bus to Menaggio. I have looked at Michelin several times but the more I look at it, the more I become confussed.

2.) Is the idea of a private driver completely off the charts? If not, do you have a suggestion on a driver?

Thank you so much! Yes, I obsess over all travel plans.
Dana

by K_V_B

Google maps is actually a good place, as it has Swiss public transit available.
Just search for the location of your hotel, and then plan a route from there to menaggio. You can plan routes both using car, or public transit.

by dculpepper

Thanks, I will try it. Funny you answered this. I think I just sent you an email regarding the different mountains around Lucerne. Please let me know if you didn't get it and I will send it through VT. Thanks again, Dana

by lagodicomo

When u leave the hotel Walter, walk along the waterfront past the casino into the park, when u exit the park, turn right for 10 m and then cross over to the car park opposite. The bus to Menaggio leaves from there and u can get the ticket in the tobacconist shop nearby. The journey time is 45 mins approx.....walking will take you about 25 mins to the bus stop from the hotel. I can arrange a car for you and will be in the region of 90 euro but for six people i think thats not bad. Or you could catch the boat to Porlezza...one a day unfortunately and leaves at 14.15 i think. Then the same bus to Menaggio but u get to view the lake from the boatrip. Any questions feel free to ask.

by dculpepper

Thanks for your response! This helps so much! When you say "I can arrange a car for you", does that mean a driver to pick us up at Hotel Walter and take us to Menaggio? Does your driver know English?:) We are staying the next 2 nights in Bellagio. I was considering taking a boat from Cadenabbia because the times from Cadenabbia to Bellagio appear to be better than the times from Menaggio. Thanks again, Dana firsttexasdata@verizon.net

by lagodicomo

Yes the drive speaks english but 6 people wont fit into a taxi unfortunately with the driver....yes Cadenabbia is ok...but u have to get there, which means changing buses and waiting for the Como bus....time it so u get the Bellagio boat from Menaggio....Do u know what hotel and where you are staying there, as it can be an uphill slog

Travel Tips for Menaggio

The village of my Italian family

by miguelmarchi

My parents migrated from Lombardia to Uruguay, where I was born over 50 years ago.
I come every year to Italy to visit my family. I love the Lake Como.
My roots are in Italy (and also in Spain), but my heart is in Montevideo.

MENAGGIO, Italy

by CJD68

"CONTIKI "Simply Italy" tour 1996 - 6/30 thru 7/12"

Previous page was VERONA.

Continuing on our CONTIKI "Simply Italy" tour across the Lombardy plains and into the Dolomites to our hotel on the shores of beautiful Lake Como. We drove through stunning mountainous countryside with spectacular views of Lake Como, the mountians, lush foliage and waterfalls.

We arrived in the afternoon, so we opted to take the ferry over to Bellagio while others in our tour went to the Gardens. It didn't matter what you chose to do, this entire area was simply magnificent. The natural beauty of Lake Como, water falls, the Alps and wildflowers was incredible.

To Follow my tour, Go to my BELLAGIO page next.

Comments