Antares Hotel Accademia

Average Value

Price and Rating Equal to similar hotels

See Popular Hotels
Openseas's Profile Photo

Brillant staff and impressive suite.

Best (5.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on September 22, 2007

We stayed here due to my husband attending a conference close by. Its approx 15 minutes tram ride away from the heart of Milan and the Duomo. I probably would not have stayed here if I had a choice, as I prefer to be located close to all major attractions. However, I did thoroughly enjoy my 5 day stay at this hotel.

The hotel is six storeys high with comfortable amenities and facilities. On arrival we were greeted warmly and our suite 305 was very spacious, modern and comfortable.

The suite consisted of a bedroom with a king size bed, bedside tables, plasma wall TV, with a walk in wardrobe. Off the bedroom was a very spacious and modern bathroom with all the necessary toiletries. A large study was located at the entrance to the suite with a good size working desk, two chairs, coffee table, mini bar, and good size plasma TV. Overall we thought the suite to be excellent.

Staff are very friendly, helpful, polite and basically outstanding for this type of establishment. I thought them to one of the finest I have ever encountered in my travels. I will give this hotel 5 star rating for the level of professionalism shown by all staff members.

Breakfast was on the 5th floor and to us it was opened until 11.00am which suited us perfectly. Although not a huge variety it was ample and sufficient.

The only gripe we had with this hotel was due to a large group of international members staying here, we never ate in the hotel as they could not accommodate more than six guests at a time whilst dining. The bar area was small and limited, and was not able to cater for our large group, so we had to dine outside the hotel most nights.

There is a fabulous supermarket one block across from the hotel. You can by anything here, and it really is a MUST DO on your list, as the supermarket is just awesome. There is some excellent restaurants close by, just asks the concierge and he will direct you to them.

Unique Quality: Overall, I would probably not stay here again, only because I prefer to be within walking distance to the CBD of any city in the world. Although, this hotel did offer exceptional value for money, and contained some of the best staff members in the world.

Directions: The number 19 tram runs outside the hotel into the city. It takes approx 15 – 20 minutes. We found it to be cheaper with a group to catch a taxi (Euro13) which is easily obtained through the reception.

Nearby Antares Hotel Accademia

• Suites
  • Shuttle Service
  • Bar / Lounge

Milan Travel Forum

Need advice about Milan, Italy? Visit the Travel Forum for Milan and ask our Answer Gurus.

Latest Milan hotel reviews

Navigli
Best view of my life
Santa Maria presso San Satiro
Things to Do
Between Trains? Here's A Perfect Bar!
Transportation
Learn the Italian for "Tap Water Please"!!
Warnings and Dangers